Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] THE HUNT IS ON! An In-depth Guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [Ver. 2.0].
Information 
Hey guys, it's me again, you must feel sick of me by now since I'm all over the places and have posted more than most people (at the time, anyway, I don't post as much recently). Well, too bad! Cuz here's another thread of mine! As you all know, @Androziel has fixed the pokeradar and it's possible to get Hidden Abilities (HAs) pokemons now. And after struggling to hunt for HAs, asking questions, and getting answers from various sources, I've decided to put together this guide to help those starting out on their journey to hunt for HAs!

***NOTE:
1. If you see any pictures in this thread irrelevant to the content or missing, alert me so I can fix it. Thanks for your attention!

2. Be sure to check out my giveaway thread as well for some of the bred HA mons ready for trade. Also check @Selene's Giveaway, she had also been supplied with some HA mons to breed, courtesy of various breeders from the Breeders' Discord, which can be access via the link in my signature (Yes, @PhantomUnderYourDesk, @Lord Windos, I've gone and done it here as well, because [Image: 1]?!).

3. As this guide has been updated/edited many times (and I am still updating it whenever I feel necessary), it is advised that you read it CAREFULLY all the way through before beginning hunting to avoid any problems/issues that could be avoided. People have made various avoidable mistakes by overlooking certain things I've stated, and we don't want more people making the same mistakes, do we?

4. I've been inactive lately due to busy with my study. Only resurfacing to update the original guide with the most vital information based on what I've read and understood, have not gotten the time to get first hand experiences like back in the days. Detailed explanation can be found here.

Now, without further ado, I'll begin the guide!

A. The basics terms you need to know about HAs:
Before we begin hunting, you should understand what HAs are. If you believe you're good on this, skip this section and read on, if not, here are what you need to know:

1. One way to get HA in the game is through the use of Pokeradar (given to you by Bamb'o after you win at the Championship the first time around). The other being breeding, but I've not looked into that for so long so I'm not gonna be showing off my vastly outdated knowledge. Tongue

2. Although they are called Hidden Ability, they are not Invisible, you can see them when you view the pokemon's Summary page.
For example:

3. Only Pokemon with HA can pass it on while breeding, so if you have Normal ability parents, you CANNOT get HA offspring through breeding. This was covered in Youko's Guide as well, but I'm still stating it here as a reminder. With HA parent, the chance of passing HA to offspring is as follow:
60% of passing if the parent possessing HA is Female  when breed with a M from the same egg group (Same thing as stated in Youko's guide).
20% of passing if the parent possessing HA is Male WHEN and ONLY WHEN breeding with a Duplicat (according to Andro's patch note). I believe this has changed since the time I first wrote this guide, but I haven't gotten the time to read through every patch notes.

What does this means for breeding? Well, if you catch a HA mon, you can breed another HA mon for sure, but it'll be a whole lot easier if that HA mon happens to be Female.
More Info can either be found in Youko's Guide or Bulbapedia. UPDATE: Or, there's this Holy-mother-of-god-that-is-a-long-guide-seriously-Aiden-162-pages-really? by @Aiden

B. Requirements for hunting HAs:
1. Absolutely required:
- Pokeradar, like I said, you need it to even begin to hunt for HA mons. Have it Registered and ready to be used. Also, as a clarification since many people have made this mistake, you CANNOT encounter ANY HAs Pokemon WITHOUT the radar!!!
- A pokemon with either Trace as its Ability (Duplicat, can be found on route 13 in front of the Labyrinth OR in the Labyrinth at a lower rate) OR A Pokemon with the move Skill Swap (Antarki from Victory Road has it when you catch it). This is so you can actually know what the wild pokemon has as their ability therefore determine whether they have HA or not. This is not necessary when hunting for mons with obvious HA like Sand Stream, Snow Warning or Intimidate. For full details, see List of Pokemon with HAs that can be caught without Trace/Skill Swap (and how to find and catch them).
- A Pokemon with Dive OR the Scuba Gear from the Tinkerer if you're planning to catch a HA Pokemon on Route 14.

2. Other requirements (You don't HAVE TO HAVE them, but if you don't, you're just making your life harder than it needs to be):
Repels/Super Repels/Max Repels (and a lot of them): You DON'T want to run into random Non-HA, non-chain mons when HA hunting, so always have them if you wanna save time and save yourself from frustration.
- A Pokemon with False Swipe: Because you'll be hunting HA all over the map, and more often than not, the Pokemon with HA will die at literally any attack, so it's best to have False Swipe to save you the hassle of catching them when you actually find one. False Swipe can be gotten from Bealbeach Department Store 3rd Floor.
- Balls, lots and lots of Balls, Pokeballs, Quick Balls, Level Balls, or Love Balls are the most common. Why? Because some Pokemons with HAs has suicidal moves like Take Down so False Swipe is NOT an option.

3. Other things that are not necessary but still recommended:
- A pokemon with Fly and/or Surf: Easier to get around when you're done hunting or need to pay a quick visit to Bealbeach for more supplies. Having gotten the HM Machines counterparts from the Tinkerer also works.
- Some Revives, Potions, etc., just in case. It rarely ever happens, but your mons may gets wear out from HA hunting, having these around saves you sometimes.
- A Male pokemon with Cute Charm as its Ability. See FAQs.

C. The actual Hunt:
1. How the radar works:
With all of the above ready, it's time to start the hunt. But first, you need to understand what you're gonna be doing. So I'll start with explaining how the Pokeradar works:

a) The Basics:
When you step into the patch, and you use the Pokeradar, there's a chance that one or multiple bushes will shake. If you walk to any of those shaking bush, a pokemon will be in there. If you faint or catch that pokemon, there's a chance more bush(es) will shake, and if you walk to those bushes, there's a chance* you'll meet the same pokemon you've just fainted or caught (This means NO running away from the Pokemon, if you run, the chain will break, more on that later). This is called "Chaining", and it's something you have to do if you want to eventually catch a shiny or a mon with HA.

The more recent updates had make the Radar more user-friendly:
Having a HUD added for that displays your current chain length and the Pokemon you are chaining (pictures of this can be found on Page 4 of this thread).
Having its own background music when in use, as well as a sound effect when a shiny patch appears.

* The longer the chain you can manage, the better the chance for shiny mons:
(08-10-2018, 10:12 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: So basically, for every 10 encounters, the game will give an extra roll for shiny chances.  So the odds will go like this:
1-9: 1/1024 (the base rate)
10-19: 2/1024
20-29: 3/1024
30-39: 4/1024
40+: 5/1024 (approx. 1/205)

Even better, these odds stack with the Shiny Charm if you have it.  So with the Shiny Charm, the odds are:
1-9: 3/1024
10-19: 4/1024
20-29: 5/1024
30-39: 6/1024
40+: 7/1024 (approx. 1/146)

*By "there's a chance", I meant you can either meet them or chain can break, not that you can meet anything other than the Pokemon you're supposedly chaining.

Now the Chain can be broken under these conditions:
- You step out of the patch of grass;
- Running away from the encounter (Like I said, you have to either faint or catch the Pokemon if you want to continue the chain);
- You encounter a wild pokemon (pokemon that's not the one you're chaining/not in the shaking bushes);
- You step into a fake bush (some of the shaking grass can be fake, and it's hard/impossible to tell in Uranium);
- Using your bike, that's right, once you've started a chain using radar, you have to continue through on foot until you've caught what you wanted or the chain breaks;
- Changing map;
- Simply by chance (I hate statistic). A.K.A.: Absolutely no reason at all. That's right, it can happen sometimes (it's apparently intentional, detailed explanation on @EeveeBailey post on page 4 of this thread) even when you've done everything right.

*Note: The Pokeradar ONLY works in patches of grass, and DOES NOT work in caves or on water. However, it DOES work UNDERWATER in the patches of seaweed on route 14 (Dive).

UPDATE:
Other improvements to the radar includes:
- Red grass will now have an increased chance of spawning a HA Pokemon (20%)
When the PokeRadar chain is maxed there will be a very slight chance (5%) that Pokemon will have improved IVs.
Again, @EeveeBailey had provided a very well done explanation, better than anything I could have written without first hand experience, so I'm not going to do anything redundant, and instead just redirect you to page 4 if you want all the details.

b) The colors of the bushes:
Many of you might have missed this line on Andro's thread:
[Image: Radar_Explain.JPG]
What does that mean for HA hunting? Well, it'd be easier to explain through examples. Say, you're on route 13, these are the pokemons you can find in green bushes, according to the wiki:
[Image: route_13_green.JPG]

and according to Andro's thread, you can find HA Frynai and Masking in the red bushes
[Image: pokeradar_exclusives.JPG]
After you have started the chain, however, red or green bush doesn't really matter, the pokemon in the shaking bush will always be the pokemon you're chaining (though you might wanna aim for red bushes, read *Chaining tips for more details). If you happens to be chaining, and you see a Blue bush, it's highly likely that if you step into it, you'll find a shiny HA pokemon of the same species as the one you're chaining.

*Chaining tips:
According to Andro, when chaining, you'd wanna aim for the furthest same color bush from the one you're at:
[Image: chaining_tips.JPG]

These next 3 tips for chaining are unproven and might as well be myths, but I still like to follow them: 
1, you'd wanna avoid the bush closest to you (agreed upon as more likely to break chain); 
2, you'd wanna go to red bushes after the chain has started (slightly lower chance of chain breaking and slightly higher chance of HA, according to most people I asked); and/or
3, you'd wanna make the least turn going to your target bush. I noticed chain often breaks when I make an U turn but less likely to when I make L turn.

UPDATE: The probabilities for a chain to continue depending on the bushes you choose have been revealed to be (from closest to farthest) 24% / 49% / 74% / 99%.

2. Choosing a HA Pokemon to hunt for:
You should somewhat have an idea of what HA you want on your pokemon, if not you should check the wiki to find a HA you'd like to obtain. After you've picked one, you need to figure out where they are. This info can also be found via the wiki. Other pokemons non-natives to the route can be found according to Andro's list on his thread.

Now if you read Andro's thread, I'm sure you've seen this:

14. New Area: Hidden Cave is now added to Route 07. In there you will be able to use the Pokeradar to catch some slightly different Pokemon!

Now, if you're wondering what's in the hidden cave on route 7, it's pretty much the natives of route 7 as route 7 has no patch of grass. In addition, there are some nice surprises in the red bushes if you happen to find one (See FAQs).

***Important Note***
As stated above, the Pokeradar only works in patches of grass. Therefore, if the pokemon you're searching for is usually found in caves or sand or water on a given route, you should check Andro's list of Exclusive Encounters before wasting your time looking for something that isn't there!

3. The hunt begins:
If you have followed everything I've wrote so far, you're ready for the hunt. Make no mistake, however, the task of chaining, though simple, is NOT easy. It's a frustrating process that requires a lot of patience, persistence, and luck, and it will make you hate hunting for HAs/shiny, and your life very much if you're not mentally prepared. Now, on that happy note, let's move on and start hunting!
- First of, you'd want your party look something like
I have both Duplicat with Trace and Antarki with Skill Swap just in case I was absentminded and didn't see the opponent ability, you don't have to if you have a good memory or focus on it. If you're hunting for pokemons with obvious HA, like weather conditions or intimidate, Duplicat/Antarki is unnecessary. (Ignore the Lavent, I took off after breeding/hatching in a rush and didn't take it out of my party Blush )
- Fly to the nearest city to the place you're planning to HA hunt.
- Bike to said route, get off your bike, and WALK into a patch of grass. Or if you're planning to catch a Pokemon underwater (only location in game currently is route 14), surf there, dive, and then get into the patch of seaweed.
- Switch your Duplicat or Antarki to the front of your party (or see FAQs for the Dead Mon Charming method).
- Use Repel/Super Repel/Max Repel. A note and reminder that Repels only works on Pokemon lower level than the first non-fainted Pokemon leading your party, so if you're using a level 1 Cute Charm Male (See FAQs), it'd have to be fainted in order for Repels to work.
- Save your game.
- Use the pokeradar, if it says the grass patch remains quiet, soft-reset (f12) your game and try again until some bushes shake.
- Walk to one of those bushes depending to which pokemon you're trying to catch (green for route natives, red for exclusives, doubt there's gonna be any shiny first try). 
- By shifting Duplicat with Trace to the front, you're able to see what the wild pokemon's ability is and therefore determine whether or not they have HA. If you prefer not to use Duplicat, using Skill Swap with Antarki accomplishes the same thing.
- If you're hunting for a specific mon only, and it's not in the first bush, soft-reset and try again; if you're just hunting HA in general and found a potential mon (species that MAY have HA), keep fainting those mons until you find a mon with HA.
- Switch to the mon with False Swipe (Metalynx in my case), and hit it before starting to throw balls at it. Or in cases when the pokemons has suicidal moves, start throwing Quick Balls, Love Balls or Level Balls at it (See FAQs for more details). Alternatively, if you have a Navighast, it can be useful as a catcher mon as it can evade most recoil moves and can learn False Swipe. Its pre-evolution form (Swabone and Skelerogue) are also useful to catch Ghost pokemons (HA Antarki comes to mind) as their ability allows False Swipe to hit Ghost type.

Congratz on getting your HA mon! Now you can hunt for another or keep chaining for an extra one.

D. Special HA cases and Misc. Info:
1. Special cases:
Now you're probably gonna have some questions regarding certain special cases. Such as how HA works on pokemon such as Dunsparce and Dunseraph, where Dunsparce have Rattled as its HA and Dunseraph Cloud Nine, or on pokemons that loses its HA via evolution like Feliger, or pokemons that doesn't have a HA in their pre-evolved forms, but do once evolved, only Tonemy comes to mind. Well, the simplest answer to all of that is, "it's coded in the gene". 

In the case of Dunsparce and Dunseraph, or Magikarp and Gyarados, if one have HA, their evolved form will also have the corresponding HA.
In the case of Feliger, even if they lost their HA when evolving, you can still get HA via breeding since the HA is coded in their (in-game) gene.
As for the last case, I'd guess it'd be similar to the case of Pufluff and its evos. You'll just have to evolve them to find out whether they have HA or not.

2. List of Pokemon with HAs that can be caught without Trace/Skill Swap (and how to find and catch them):
So, as I've mentioned above, there are cases when Trace/Skill Swap is not necessary to find HA mons. After a while, I've decided to put together a list of such cases:

Fortog (Water Absorb): Water Absorb heals the Pokemon when it's hit by water type move, so use a high lv Pokemon that knows a strong water move (Surf/Scald/etc.) until a Fortog doesn't take damage from the attack.

Mankey, Lunapup (Defiant): Defiant raises atk by 2 stage when any stat's being reduced, so use a Pokemon with Intimidate or Petrify until a Mankey (or Lunapup) has Defiant triggered.

Lotad (Own Tempo): Own Tempo prevents the Pokemon from getting confused, so use Confuse Ray/Teeter Dance until a Lotad doesn't get confused.

Ekans (Unnerve): Unnerve triggers at the beginning of the battle, much like Intimidate or Mold Breaker.

Comite (Trace): Use any Pokemon until the Comite Trace/Copy your Pokemon's ability.

Baashaun, Tubjaw (Intimidate): Use any Pokemon until you see Intimidate triggers at the beginning of the battle (similar to Unnerve and Mold Breaker).

Modrille (Mold Breaker): Mold Breaker is similarly obvious like Intimidate and Unnerve.

Gligar (Immunity): Keep using Toxic until a Gligar doesn't get poisoned.

Cassnail (Sand Stream): Use any Pokemon until a Sand Storm start at the beginning of battle.

Glaslug, Titanice (Snow Warning): Similar to Sand Stream but Hail instead of Sand Storm.

Masking (Synchronize): Put every Masking you see to sleep until your Pokemon's asleep as well.

Chimical (Contrary): Chimical's normal Ability is Petrify, pretty obvious. So use any Pokemon until your speed don't get reduced at the beginning of the match.

Devimp (Disenchant): There's actually 2 ways to do this: a. Use a strong Fairy type move until the Devimp doesn't take damages; or b. Use a Pokemon with Intimidate/Petrify until a Devimp doesn't reduce your atk or raises its own.

If there's anything else I left out, comment below.

E. FAQs:
1. Is there any way to get HAs Pokemon without using the Pokeradar (aside from breeding)?
No Radar = No HA!!! I really thought this was clear, but after people keep asking me about it, I decided to put it here. You have 0 chance of meeting Pokemon with HAs without the radar. I repeat, you do NOT have a low chance of encountering HA in the wild without Pokeradar, you have 0 chance. You can meet shiny Pokemon without the radar, though, so maybe you got confused there? If so, let me clear this up:

NO RADAR = NO HA!!!

2. Is "chaining" a row with same species encounters until I don't defeat nor catch a pokemon? Does that mean I can "auto chain" in areas where there are only one species?
No to both questions. "Chaining" itself by definition requires the use of Pokeradar. The concept of auto-chaining does exist. And as far as I know, there's NO area in game where there's only one species, there's always AT LEAST 2, the encounter rate may not be equally high, though. Simply put, it's not "chaining" if you can't use Repel while doing it with a lv 100 Pokemon leading the party.

3. Is there a way for better chance of HA Female?
Yes, yes, there is. If you don't mind the hassle of switching pokemon TWICE per match. There's this. Basically, if you have a Male pokemon with Cute Charm (Minicorn, Kiricorn, Sylveon, Feleng, Felunge) leading your party (at the front of your party), your chances of meeting Female pokes increases. But that would mean you'd have to switch to Duplicat/Antarki to check for ability, AND switch again to another mon to faint or catch the mon. Alternatively, you could use the Dead Mon Charming method that @Harbinger brought to my attention, which is basically fainting your Cute Charm M on purpose, leave it in the front of your party and leave Duplicat with Trace or Antarki with Skill Swap on the second slot. In which case, your team should look something like

4. Where can I get the TMs and Balls you mentioned?
They are all in Bealbeach Department store or Tsukinami Village, look around!

5. Why did you mention so many types of Pokeballs? Which is the best?
Well, with False Swipe applied, Pokeballs should be enough. But if you'd prefer not to use False Swipe, all the other balls have their uses depending on your situation:
Quick Balls are better the earlier it is used in a match.
Timer Balls are better the later it is used in a match.
Level Balls have x8 catch rate when the pokemon in battle is 4x the levels of the wild Pokemon according to Andro.
Love Balls have x8 catch rate when the pokemon in battle is the opposite gender of the wild pokemon.

6. Is every HA better than the normal ability of a Pokemon?
Define "better". I mean, from my perspective, HA is just another Ability a Pokemon can have, and any Ability fits a certain build, a certain team, or maybe a certain needs. So no, HAs aren't necessarily better than normal ability, it's just rarer. So that's why I told you to look in the wiki and pick a HA you like, because you have to be the one to decide whether you want a HA on a mon or not.

7. Is it possible to catch HA Pokemons in caves and/or on water? I really want a HA Modrille/Magikarp!
The Pokeradar only works in patches of grass. As of now, water pokemons such as Magikarp or Frynai are exclusive encounters as you can see they are listed in Andro's list. You can find them in red bushes when you use the pokeradar on their respective routes. If it's not on that list, then sadly, it's not in-game yet, but probably will be in a future update. As for pokemon like Modrille, it's actually also added in the hidden cave on route 7 (you can find it in red bushes) as of patch 1.0.2 even though it wasn't mentioned in the patch note.

8. In your chaining tips, you mentioned aiming for red bushes and bushes further away with the same color, what happen if both appear at the same time?
Personally speaking, I think it's a flip of coins anyway since there's always that chance of chain breaking no matter what you do. But according to @Androziel, you'd go for the red bushes in cases like that.

9. I haven't seen any blue bush so far, I'm starting to doubt they really exist, how many bush do you usually have to chain to get them?
Well, the chance for a blue bush is like 1-2%, that chance does increase after every chain since a recent patch, but it's still rather low. To be perfectly honest, the 2 shiny I'm showing on this guide are the ONLY 2 I've found in blue bushes. Blue bushes aren't common occurrences, so you shouldn't be surprised if you haven't found one. However, you CAN get pretty lucky and get a blue bush early on going into the chain. There's no fixed number of how many bush you need to chain before a blue one, though.

10. Is it possible to step into the first bush ever and meet no Pokemon? Is it possible to step into a blue bush and have my chain broken? Is there a sure way to avoid "fake bush"?
Unfortunately, yes to both question. I've mentioned the existence of "fake bushes" the first bush you choose CAN be a fake bush (basically a shaking one but with no Pokemon inside and will break your chain if you step into them). And any bush along the chain can be that fake bush. And in Uranium, there's no tell-tale for fake bushes like in the canon games, or so I've heard. So you just gotta follow the *Chaining Tips I mentioned above and pray to whichever God(s) you believe in that you won't step into a fake bush or have the chance of failure hit you. Yes, that chance always exist and can hit you at any point. That's why I said this chaining thing is no easy task and will frustrate you.

11. I'm so frustrated that chain keeps breaking, am I doing something wrong?
If you have followed everything I wrote in this guide, then no, you probably are not doing anything wrong. Chains break all the times for me and pretty much everyone I know. It just happens, chaining is supposed to be hard, after all. So just keep on at it and you'll find something eventually. Do follow the tips even if they sound like superstitions, and if all else fail, find a bigger patch of grass!  Wink

12. Will I get 80 percent of passing HA when breeding a F and a M that both have HA?
My first answer off the top of my was NO, unfortunately. If you read back what I wrote earlier, there's 20% chance of passing HA from M WHEN and ONLY WHEN breeding with a Duplicat. When that's not the case, the normal rules of ability passing applies. If you want to understand this rule in details, I suggest you read Youko's guide.
However, in a more recent conversation with @Androziel regarding HAs and breeding, the number 80% did come up. But Andro can be really confusing sometimes and he LOVES keeping people guessing. So I'm changing my answer to a maybe, and we need more testing to confirm. So, if someone can test it, do it FOR SCIENCE!!!

13. The new patch changed the Pokeradar, it's not showing different color grass anymore! What do I do?
Calm down, if that truly IS the case, it's a bug, and definitely NOT intended. So if it hasn't been fixed already, a hotfix will be dropped soon. Sometimes the devs mess up, but they have all been working hard on this game for free for us on a server that seriously need an upgrade, so you have to understand and generally take it easy.
UPDATE: A hotfix has been dropped, if you haven't already, patch your game again!

14. Does all these info apply to the canon game as well?
For the most parts, yes. The chaining mechanics, the concepts of real and fake bushes, those apply. But some information are Uranium exclusive.

F. Credits and Special thanks:
@Androziel for the bug fixes that made it possible for HAs hunting, as well as your invaluable help when I have a question regarding HAs hunting.
@ReeNormies for the more recent updates that, dare I say it, evolved HA hunting and breeding.
@CodySP for the forum, this guide wouldn't have a home otherwise.
@Harbinger for his morbidity in suggesting using a "dead male horse" to catch HA F more easily.
@Bayneko for her suggestions on elaborating more about Pokeballs catch rate.
Ax and @Aiden for some of the possible FAQs.
@Reeveelution for info about Unymph's HA when wiki hadn't been updated.
@Jason86JR for pointing out the mistake I originally made writing about Unnerve.
The Breeders Collective's Discord for all the assistance, support, and fact checks that made it possible for me to write this.
@Youko for getting me hooked to breeding in the first place. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have met any of the above people. Also for her breeding guide, which I may or may not have been influenced by when formatting this guide.  Wink Tongue
@Dragonstrike for pointing out unclear info on HA breeding.
@EeveeBailey for posting the updated information that the this guide thread was in dire need of when I was away.

G. Change Log:
9/19/2016: Guide created, originally titled: [GUIDE] THE HUNT IS ON! A guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [Work in Progress]
9/20/2016: Added FAQs section and some FAQs as suggested, added the Cute Charm method and Navighast's line suggestion.
9/21/2016: Added/Modified Chaining tips, added shiny showcase of HA Eshouten and Tikiki. Removed [GUIDE] and picked the correct Suffix as it came out. Changed titled [Work in Progress] to [UPDATED].
9/22/2016: Added Dead Mon Charming method, added Balls catch rates, added Credits and Special Thanks Section.
9/23/2016: Updated FAQs, added info on HA Modrille, modified pictures taken from Andro's thread as the thread was modified.
9/24/2016: Added Change Log.
9/26/2016: Re-uploaded pictures that was unfortunately replaced by tinypic. Updated info about Unymph having HA.
9/28/2016: Updated info on breeding HAs after @Dragonstrike suggestions to make it clearer. Updated FAQs.
10/2/2016: Updated FAQs.
10/3/2016: Updated Special HA cases and Misc. Info with up-to-date information that reflected the recent changes regarding Eevee and Empirilla. Removed Unymph HA picture as wiki has been updated.
10/11/2016: Updated Special HA cases and Misc. Info. Modified Chaining tips.
10/14/2016: Added List of Pokemon with HAs that can be caught without Trace/Skill Swap (and how to find and catch them) in the Special HA cases and Misc. Info section. Tagged Aiden in Credits and Special thanks as he recently created an account on forum. Changed section titles color and some text color to make it clearer. Added Table of Content.
10/15/2016: Added the hr lines between big sections. Though they only serve as making the guide easier to read as I still can't add any more emote or picture... =.=
10/16/2016: Minor formatting.
10/23/2016: Added links to my and Selene's Giveaways. Edited note at the beginning.
11/1/2016: Updated FAQs as somehow "No Radar = No HAs!" was not clear enough even though I stressed it TWICE in this guide already...
11/4/2016: Since tinypic.com (the images-hosting site I was using) went offline and all pictures went missing from this guide as a result, I "abused my powers" on Discord to create a channel that keeps all the pictures to this guide. Tongue Also added some notes and info related to radar and HA throughout the guide.
11/5/2016: Changed underlines' colors in some places. Added spoiler bars to some places to make the guide easier on the eyes.
11/8/2016: Updated List of Pokemon with HAs that can be caught without Trace/Skill Swap (and how to find and catch them).
11/10/2016: Separated the the Normal and HA Eshouten examples like the original version, added separate spoiler bars.
11/25/2016: Modified information about Unnerve in List of Pokemon with HAs that can be caught without Trace/Skill Swap (and how to find and catch them) after Jason86JR brought it to my attention; Modified information about HA Masking after consideration; Gave credits where it's due Tongue
11/30/2016: Added some minor modifications; added to and modified some FAQs; changed guide name to THE HUNT IS ON! An In-depth Guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [UPDATED].
12/21/2016: Minor editing to make it clear one should NOT run away from an encounter when chaining.
12/22/2016: Editted  FAQs.
12/26/2016: Added note about Repel in case people forget how it works or are completely clueless.
1/17/2017: Added info about Pokeradar working underwater after realizing some people wasn't able to figure that out themselves even though I found it extremely obvious. Changed [UPDATED] in the Guide Title into [Ver.1.58] for no reason at all.
10/3/2018: Incorporated new information into original guide. Added special thanks, and some other misc information. Change Guide Version number to 2.0, still for no reason at all.
10/4/2018: Rechecked FAQs, modified answers to best reflect current states of the game (as far as I've been able to read and understand, I may still have missed stuff so notify me if I missed anything), and removed outdated information.
8/31/2020: As @Aiden has so graciously messed up and got all of my pictures deleted from the discord channel where I hosted them, I am now needing to replace everything in every guide I've ever written. Thank all that's good in the world I backed up every picture in this guide.
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
Monkey, I love this guide! While I may be taking a small break right now, I expect I will be breeding some HA Devimps, Fryni, and other mons soon! We need more people like you!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(09-21-2016, 02:35 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: Monkey, I love this guide! While I may be taking a small break right now, I expect I will be breeding some HA Devimps, Fryni, and other mons soon! We need more people like you!

Thanks! Was just doing my part since it wasn't all clear to me what I needed to do and it took me a while to gather all the info necessary to chain in something good, and I had plenty help from other people. So I thought I would share what I know, and update as I go so other people can find most (if not all) related and important info in one place.
MonkeyLord83. 

Hey guys. I can confirm that you do not need to chain to 40 to find a shiny. i found a blue grass after just one chain.

The first radar shiny would seem to be a Chimical i'm breeding for the WT event. I caught it in a Premier Ball and nicknamed it "Chimarific".

[Image: 145bd7d9b07f431286106b5ed0f24165.png]

Too bad its IVs and nature stinks. But that's what you'd expect from a wild encounter.
Competitive Team:
???|Alpico|Tubareel|Tracton|Chimaconda|Metalynx-M

Currently Breeding:
Pufluff
(09-21-2016, 08:23 PM)Paperboy012305 Wrote: Hey guys. I can confirm that you do not need to chain to 40 to find a shiny. i found a blue grass after just one chain.

The first radar shiny would seem to be a Chimical i'm breeding for the WT event. I caught it in a Premier Ball and nicknamed it "Chimarific".

Too bad its IVs and nature stinks. But that's what you'd expect from a wild encounter.

Just wondering if you've been to our Discord. If you have, sorry I couldn't remember you, but there's over 150 members already. If you haven't, be sure to check it out
MonkeyLord83. 

(09-21-2016, 09:22 PM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 08:23 PM)Paperboy012305 Wrote: Hey guys. I can confirm that you do not need to chain to 40 to find a shiny. i found a blue grass after just one chain.

Just wondering if you've been to our Discord. If you have, sorry I couldn't remember you, but there's over 150 members already. If you haven't, be sure to check it out
Oh really? I've been stalking on there. I haven't gotten to posting yet.
Competitive Team:

Currently Breeding:
Pufluff
(09-21-2016, 09:26 PM)Paperboy012305 Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 09:22 PM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote: Just wondering if you've been to our Discord. If you have, sorry I couldn't remember you, but there's over 150 members already. If you haven't, be sure to check it out

I thought your name was familiar, but I wasn't quite sure. Anyway, if you're in and already breeding, say hi and alert me so I could tag you with a proper role.
MonkeyLord83. 

(09-21-2016, 09:37 PM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote:

I thought your name was familiar, but I wasn't quite sure. Anyway, if you're in and already breeding, say hi and alert me so I could tag you with a proper role.
Really? Well, i'm not really ready to breed the HA Chimical yet. I haven't gotten started yet. I can post on there about getting started, though. And of course, other stuff too.
Competitive Team:

Currently Breeding:
Pufluff
(09-21-2016, 09:43 PM)Paperboy012305 Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 09:37 PM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote:

Really? Well, i'm not really ready to breed the HA Chimical yet. I haven't gotten started yet. I can post on there about getting started, though. And of course, other stuff too.
I do have 5iv ha chimical that I haven't started to breed but when I do I can give you a male one to start breeding with your shiny. I'm currently breeding 5iv swabones to get 6iv ones
It doesn't really have anything to do with PokeRadar, but is there a way to get HA Nupin/Gellin (not nuclear form)? Is there a chance for the egg to have the HA?