Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Analysis Compendium and Tiering Plans
(12-14-2016, 10:27 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: No Baariette guide Sad

@Jabuloso was working on one, but the guide section has been kind of dead lately.  Activity will probably pick back up again once the online battles are 100% working again for everyone (so hopefully in the next update or two).
I have a couple of guides ready, but I want to do one more before I start posting them. I have not had the motivation to do the third one yet, so it might be a while before I get to it... Oh well, I can keep you all waiting in anticipation, hehehehe!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(12-16-2016, 02:59 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: I have a couple of guides ready, but I want to do one more before I start posting them. I have not had the motivation to do the third one yet, so it might be a while before I get to it... (...)

You're getting a hug if one of those is about sweet Gellin. Or the magical unicorn of light megaevolving into the god of forest, Kiricorn. *vanishes before you're able to answer with a single word*
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Is it possible to write an analysis yet ? I'm thinking about doing one for Terlard.
ingame ID : 114550/Sylvon 
I accept all the friend requests. 
If you want to battle , or anything else with me , send me a PM ! 

Currently doing the french translation of uranium.
There is nothing stopping anyone from writing guides, Magi. Its just that, more or less, everyone that has been involved in the making of these guides have unanimously decided not to write anymore, until the online portion of the game is fully stabilized and fixed, and all moves/ability changes/pokemon are added into the game. Then, they would have to see how that changes are implement for each Pokémon, how it affect them and their usage/usability, and how all of the above affects things in the 'meta', before they can get started writing guides again.

Based on theses changes, and how the comp scene develops, they might actually have to go back and rewrite their old guide to keep them 'current'. Its the other part of the reason why guides have not be exactly springing up here: People don't want their work to become instantly outdated the moment everything is finalized, and have to go and rewrite all the guides they made up until that point. Better to wait for all the changes hit, and only redo the guides they already have done, then continue writing guides and having to redo a whole bunch more of them to make them relevant, before they could move on to other things.

For me, I have no plans to redo any guides I make (Beyond Updating them based on feedback, but that is on a case by case basis), unless their is massive demand for me to do so. I like to think that, no matter what changes happen, that my guides will still be a good source of info for prospective trainers looking to optimize their teams. At least, my guides can start as a base, before they go off to other sources to further refine their respective Pokémon. Besides, I try and future proof my guides a little so that, when the changes come, they are not immediately behind on the times.

So, with all that said, if you want to make a guide about Terlard, go for it, if you really want to! Just keep in mind that you might have to update/redo your guide if and when the all the changes/moves are added, in order to make it as accurate and relevant as possible.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Can I call Yatagaryu on the ground that the Jabuloso hasn't been seen in >9000 years?
I don't care, since I'm not to much a fan of them compared to Beliaddon, so go for it mate! Me, Dragonstrike, and shademonkey are the only ones making guides as of late, so why not have another join the fray? I still want to see what you make of Astronite, after all!

Jabuloso dropped by and confirmed that he's no longer been playing pokemon, and all the guides on his list are up for grabs. So you're all clear since I don't think anyone else has claimed it yet.
Cool. Can I also reserve Gargryph too then? I'll write up Yatagaryu in the coming days.
Fine by me. Looking forward to what you come up with.