Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Analysis Compendium and Tiering Plans
(09-30-2016, 11:29 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: Well, it can learn (and Relearn!) Sketch multiple times, and has equal speed to Nucleon. Have it Sketch Shell Smash, Expunge/Nuclear Slash/Atomic Punch/Earthquake, give it a Flame or Toxic Orb with Quick Feet, and have it run Protect to safely proc the status, and Taunt/Sucker Punch/Flamethrower. Add in max EV's to Speed and Sp.Atk/Atk? You got yourself a plage rat, baby. You could even run focus sash so that it can get a Free Shell Smash off, and then let it sweep to its hearts content.

I'll go over everything in more detail when I do my guide on it, but man that thing has the potential to be savage.

I was hesitant for a minute because people tried to do the same thing to Smeagle since gen 4 and failed, but due to the fact that the Nuclear type exists and Raffiti has actual stats... This thing probably has to go. There was a thing in gen6, Geomancy PowerHerb Smeargle. The basic set was Geomancy+ Baton Pass to an appropriate target and nothing could stop it, same with smashpassing. It was quickly banned due to how broken it was.

Since Raffiti can do the same thing only with better stats, I say we at least ban Smashpassing and playtest with it a little bit more.
(09-30-2016, 02:31 AM)Reeveelution Wrote: Strike out Chimaconda, and add S5-1A and Gargyph into the list under my name.

Thanks to @Lord Windos, I'm working on Chimaconda right now, and its soon to be uploaded in day's time.

EDIT: As much as I appreciate more competitive guide writers, looking at this list makes me feel... rushed. Many of you guys on the list have a long list of mons they wanna showcase on, but I hate it even more if they rush a project (Lets say, upload 2 or more showcases in 1 week) and give us a very simple, incomplete analysis. I know I did the same to my Escartress guide, but that was solely because it was hard for me to test it out when Online Lobby was extremely borked before the server overhaul. Will finish that guide up when I'm done with Chimaconda.

Needless to say, I really appreciate it if you guys took your time to write very detailed analysis, like what @Lord Windos, @Jabuloso, @Dragonstrike and myself did. I'm not saying that you should live up to such detailed expectations, but it does save the trouble of giving your showcases overhauls when you feel like its too lacking.

Shout out to everyone that has contributed so far! Once the Online Lobby is 100% fixed, the competitive scene will be where its at! ;3

Gave you Chimaconda and added S51-A under your name. If you want Gargryph, then you will have to ask jabuloso for it.

(09-30-2016, 01:03 PM)Cataclyptic Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 11:29 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: Well, it can learn (and Relearn!) Sketch multiple times, and has equal speed to Nucleon. Have it Sketch Shell Smash, Expunge/Nuclear Slash/Atomic Punch/Earthquake, give it a Flame or Toxic Orb with Quick Feet, and have it run Protect to safely proc the status, and Taunt/Sucker Punch/Flamethrower. Add in max EV's to Speed and Sp.Atk/Atk? You got yourself a plage rat, baby. You could even run focus sash so that it can get a Free Shell Smash off, and then let it sweep to its hearts content.

I'll go over everything in more detail when I do my guide on it, but man that thing has the potential to be savage.

I was hesitant for a minute because people tried to do the same thing to Smeagle since gen 4 and failed, but due to the fact that the Nuclear type exists and Raffiti has actual stats... This thing probably has to go. There was a thing in gen6, Geomancy PowerHerb Smeargle. The basic set was Geomancy+ Baton Pass to an appropriate target and nothing could stop it, same with smashpassing. 

Since Raffiti can do the same thing only with better stats, I say we at least ban Smashpassing and playtest with it a little bit more.

Smashpassing isn't even the problem. Raffiti can sweep by himself with Expunge, he doesn't need to pass the Shell Smash boosts on to anyone.

(09-30-2016, 01:03 PM)Cataclyptic Wrote:

I was hesitant for a minute because people tried to do the same thing to Smeagle since gen 4 and failed, but due to the fact that the Nuclear type exists and Raffiti has actual stats... This thing probably has to go. There was a thing in gen6, Geomancy PowerHerb Smeargle. The basic set was Geomancy+ Baton Pass to an appropriate target and nothing could stop it, same with smashpassing. 

Smashpassing isn't even the problem. Raffiti can sweep by himself with Expunge, he doesn't need to pass the Shell Smash boosts on to anyone.

Or Atomic Punch, if it can Sketch it from Uyrane. There is also the fact that it has Quick Feet, which combined with either Orb, makes it a speed demon after 1 turn. There are several ways for it to get that first turn, so...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
[quote pid='1400' dateline='1475268728']

Or Atomic Punch, if it can Sketch it from Uyrane. There is also the fact that it has Quick Feet, which combined with either Orb, makes it a speed demon after 1 turn. There are several ways for it to get that first turn, so...
[/quote]

Indeed. As you might expect, I'm just trying to avoid slippery slope arguments. I'm guessing this thing needs to go, yes, but I will hold my judgement until sufficient data has come. 

... Also, random question, but does anyone know the stats of Atomic Punch, like base power, accuracy and other effects? That would help us over in the wikia.
I have a copy of moves.txt.

561,ATOMICPUNCH,Atomic Punch,07,80,NUCLEAR,Physical,95,15,15,00,0,abe,"A Punch inbued with radiation, capable of infecting the enemy"

I don't have the part where special effects are defined.

For comparison here is Air Slash.

159,AIRSLASH,Air Slash,00F,75,FLYING,Special,95,15,30,00,0,bef,The user attacks with a blade of air that slices even the sky. It may also make the target flinch.
(09-30-2016, 10:12 AM)Cataclyptic Wrote: I'd like to make threads for Yatagaryu and Electruxo if those aren't taken. They'll be as detailed as my last one of that helps, so as to help merge them into Reevee's more easily when the time comes.

Also, Windos, that is the better argument when arguing for Nucleon's ban: its centralization when team building. Although preparing for top tier threats is proninent within any metagame, it could easily be argued that one has to prepare too much for Nucleon. Still would like to see playtesting though.

As for Raffiti, I don't have enough information right now to have a say in it.

They're already taken. By me, actually. Sorry. However, if you really wants to do a thread about them, PM me. Although I do want to make a guide about Electruxo, as I already made a very shallow one, I won't mind to give it up. Yatagaryu is mine, though. I'll do my best to do the most detailed and complete guide I can do, don't worry. Therefore, it will take a while until I finish it, as Yatagarayu's analyses deserves a lot more of attention and dedication, and I just don't have enough time right now. I'll first revise my older guides and then post them here. Anyway, if you can, PM me!
So, atomic punch has 80 power and 95 accuracy. Seems decently broken for a nuclear move.
(09-30-2016, 05:40 PM)Jabuloso Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 10:12 AM)Cataclyptic Wrote: I'd like to make threads for Yatagaryu and Electruxo if those aren't taken. They'll be as detailed as my last one of that helps, so as to help merge them into Reevee's more easily when the time comes.

Also, Windos, that is the better argument when arguing for Nucleon's ban: its centralization when team building. Although preparing for top tier threats is proninent within any metagame, it could easily be argued that one has to prepare too much for Nucleon. Still would like to see playtesting though.

As for Raffiti, I don't have enough information right now to have a say in it.

They're already taken. By me, actually. Sorry. However, if you really wants to do a thread about them, PM me. Although I do want to make a guide about Electruxo, as I already made a very shallow one, I won't mind to give it up. Yatagaryu is mine, though. I'll do my best to do the most detailed and complete guide I can do, don't worry. Therefore, it will take a while until I finish it, as Yatagarayu's analyses deserves a lot more of attention and dedication, and I just don't have enough time right now. I'll first revise my older guides and then post them here. Anyway, if you can, PM me!

That's fine, I'll do something else. Might I suggest a set for Yatagaryu though, Life Orb + U turn/Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Thunder, Focus Blast? My math says thats the best set save maybe a Nasty Plot set.

As for Atomic Punch, that thing is broken for sure. That second 15 is probably the effect byte, see if you can find other moves with the same effect byte and that should be what its effect is, if you can.
You know what? I say we all come up for movesets for Ratfitti, write description on what they do, then debate their usefulness. When we get enough together, we can make a guide based on those discussions!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(09-30-2016, 07:04 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: You know what? I say we all come up for movesets for Ratfitti, write description on what they do, then debate their usefulness. When we get enough together, we can make a guide based on those discussions!

I think that sounds like a great idea for a pokemon with smeargle level versatility but fewer drawbacks.