Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Competitive Guide: Luxelong
(09-28-2016, 02:52 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(09-28-2016, 12:40 PM)Reeveelution Wrote: Skimmed through it, and as usual you did a good job :3 Just pointing out that any Beliaddon with some speed investments or Jolly Nature, will wreck a bulky Luxelong with Infernal Blade. Luxelong's typing does not resist Infernal Blade's secondary effect, and it will outspeed it and deal a huge deal of damage against it. I personally feel like it can be refined a little bit more, but this will do to perfectly cover what a Luxelong can do. Good Job once again for putting yourself up to the task of uploading something new :p

P.S. Andro fixed something on Luxelong... It may or may not include another type of recovery move on Luxelong in the next update~

I mentioned that Beliaddon hard counters it if it can land a hit, and given its impressive bulk and proper EV investment, that should be a cinch for it to do. I'm still expecting that Chimicoda guide out of you. If you don't get to it quick enough, I might snatch it away! Hehehehehehehe~!

How would you refine the guide, though. If its a stylistic choice thing, we all have our own way of formatting things, but If that is not it, what insight can you offer?

I thought so too, cause Infernal Blade is Fire typed and Luxelong is part dragon. Talked to Andro about it and he confirms that this is not a bug; its intended like how Pokemon with Sheer Force will not get Life Orb recoil. It's due to the secondary effect.
Basically, Infernal Blade WILL deal super-effectively against every Pokemon that has a Fairy-Type, regardless of what their secondary typing may be. 

And d/w, I will get to Chimaconda. I have work and Uni to attend too ya know, says the person that doesnt get to Discord because of college :p

(09-28-2016, 01:01 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(09-28-2016, 12:40 PM)Reeveelution Wrote: Skimmed through it, and as usual you did a good job :3 Just pointing out that any Beliaddon with some speed investments or Jolly Nature, will wreck a bulky Luxelong with Infernal Blade. Luxelong's typing does not resist Infernal Blade's secondary effect, and it will outspeed it and deal a huge deal of damage against it. I personally feel like it can be refined a little bit more, but this will do to perfectly cover what a Luxelong can do. Good Job once again for putting yourself up to the task of uploading something new :p

P.S. Andro fixed something on Luxelong... It may or may not include another type of recovery move on Luxelong in the next update~

When you say 'doesn't resist the secondary effect', you mean it still deals super effective damage to Luxelong overall?  Because it should do neutral damage.  Freeze dry will do neutral damage to water/fire, water/ice, and water/steel, for example.  As such, Infernal Blade should do neutral to Dragon/Fairy and Water/Fairy.  Though neither Syrentide nor Luxelong are going to enjoy taking even a neutral hit from Beliaddon, that's for sure...

Yes. Reae my reply directed towards Lord Windos. I've confirmed this on Lobby, and Andro confirms that this is not a bug. It's intended.

(09-29-2016, 02:47 AM)Reeveelution Wrote:
(09-28-2016, 02:52 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

I mentioned that Beliaddon hard counters it if it can land a hit, and given its impressive bulk and proper EV investment, that should be a cinch for it to do. I'm still expecting that Chimicoda guide out of you. If you don't get to it quick enough, I might snatch it away! Hehehehehehehe~!

How would you refine the guide, though. If its a stylistic choice thing, we all have our own way of formatting things, but If that is not it, what insight can you offer?

I thought so too, cause Infernal Blade is Fire typed and Luxelong is part dragon. Talked to Andro about it and he confirms that this is not a bug; its intended like how Pokemon with Sheer Force will not get Life Orb recoil. It's due to the secondary effect.
Basically, Infernal Blade WILL deal super-effectively against every Pokemon that has a Fairy-Type, regardless of what their secondary typing may be. 

And d/w, I will get to Chimaconda. I have work and Uni to attend too ya know, says the person that doesnt get to Discord because of college :p

(09-28-2016, 01:01 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

When you say 'doesn't resist the secondary effect', you mean it still deals super effective damage to Luxelong overall?  Because it should do neutral damage.  Freeze dry will do neutral damage to water/fire, water/ice, and water/steel, for example.  As such, Infernal Blade should do neutral to Dragon/Fairy and Water/Fairy.  Though neither Syrentide nor Luxelong are going to enjoy taking even a neutral hit from Beliaddon, that's for sure...

Yes. Reae my reply directed towards Lord Windos. I've confirmed this on Lobby, and Andro confirms that this is not a bug. It's intended.

Huh...that's odd.  Alright though.  No fairies against Beliaddon, at all.  Gotcha.
Bumping this thread for more visibility, since I have just updated it with a brand new set added to it! Tell me what you think of it, my fellow competitive enthusiasts!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(01-22-2017, 10:28 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Bumping this thread for more visibility, since I have just updated it with a brand new set added to it! Tell me what you think of it, my fellow competitive enthusiasts!

Interesting stall set idea.  It could work in theory.  In practice would be the real test though...
Indeed it would be, which is hard to set up, considering the current non-existent meta we have right now. I mainly got the idea from common Toxapex sets floating around in smogen and, based on those, constructed one for Luxelong as close to those movesets as possible. Given what I read about Toxapex with these Stall sets, it seem that this set has, at the very least, the potential to be a right annoyance to most heavy offensive team, which opens new possibilities for team composition and style.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650