Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta thread] Lord Windos' PokeRole Adventure : Celadon City Vandels
Hello hello, my fellow RP lovers , RPG fans, or those that just looking for something interesting!

For those that been follow along, up until now there has just been one RP in session (At the time of writing), and that is Iron's Skull Ruin PokeRole! Its been a blast playing through the game thus far, and will certainly get more exciting as the plot continue to develops, but there is a problem with it : its the only game active on the forums !

While that all well and good most of the time, when the DM is out on business or suddenly away for days on end for one reason or another (Or no reason at all, if they don't give one to begin with!) , there is nothing to be done. At all, really, and that just plain bums me out. There is a simple solution to this problem, though :this RP of mine! Based on my prior (If admitidly limited) experience with Pathfinder and Iron's Custom PokeRole systems, I've decided to throw my own hat in the ring and give DMing a game a go .

As with Iron's campaign, this will be a play by post experience , and it will utilize a lot of the same rules and modifications. However, in the spirit of innovation and just plain curiosity , I've decided to make my own changes and adjustments, as needed . Those will be outline and stated in the next post, so for now lets get to the main point of this post : the campaign length

Right now, I plan on the campaign to be relatively short compared to Iron's , but that may be subject to change depending on player choice and how much the plot develops (or gets derailed ) . Right now, I have it planed for 1 In-Game Week , Sunday to Saturday , but plans don't often survive contact with the enemy (Time, in this case) , so it could be shorter or much longer. Sorry if I can't give you any definite answers, but that is the way the Lava Cookie crumbles.

This campaign is designed to be 'Dive Style', by which I mean that anyone can join at any point along the line, so long as they have a character sheet ready made that follows my rules , and are ok with me giving them custom objectives, as they might not be able to accomplish the main objectives in the amount of time left. Otherwise, better get in early while you can, or just watch comfortably on the sidelines.

Campaign will start Wednesday for anyone that didn't know about this before hand, and today for those that did! Its expected that you post 1 per day in the game thread, though obviously it would be wonderful if you can post more frequently!

Current Players
1. Dragonstrike
2. Spiritmon
3. Phantom (Semi-Involved)
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Wheeee, it's starting! But I've already told you I don't have the time to join currently, sorry for that...

What a nice title.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Hehehe...I'm looking forward to seeing how much chaos my character inevitably causes.  Shame I'm in it by myself to start with, but oh well.  I've got a few tricks that might help compensate for that for the time being.
(07-24-2017, 03:50 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Shame I'm in it by myself to start with, but oh well.  I've got a few tricks that might help compensate for that for the time being.

Currently you indeed are... Given that this week's busy for me and I tend to put quite an effort into RPs for a good performance, it's just not possible for me to join. For now, at least. Have fun, though!
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
The Setting/Plot

Silly me, I forgot to include this in the flagship post for the thread, so let me do it here!

The Annual Flower Festival , sponsored and endorsed by Gym Leader Erika, has finally arrived at Celadon City! The streets are filled with merriment as both Cerulians and tourists enjoy the attractions present, with vendors and merchants plying their trade and making a hefty profit! But all is not well in the city. Team Rocket has decided to 'participate' in the Festival this year, stealing Pokémon , scamming unsuspecting innocents, and just conducting all sorts of shady business!

Which is perfect, since YOU are a proud member of this crime organization! Your goal is to further your crime organization's cause of total domination, either by stealing enough Pokémon to please the boss, using trickery or brute force to make lots of money, quash those that dare appose Team Rocket, and more! Do whatever it takes to please Giovanni, and earn your place as a Executive!

It is not going to be easy, however. The police are on high alert for suspicious activity, and don't appreciate your Team's party crashing efforts at all. What's worse, the Gym Leader and her cohorts are overseeing the event, and they don't see eye to eye with your Boss' visions for Kanto-Johto. The stakes are high, the reward beyond peer, but failure is just as severe.

Do you have what it take to be a Team Rocket Executive?

Rules

The rules of this campaign are mostly just lifted from Iron's version of the game, so for those unaware here they are for your convenience.

However, as I have said earlier, I have made changes based on how I want my game to work, so I will have them laid out in a section of there own.

In addition, I have modified character creation some to accommodate the nature of the type of game I want to be played, and that will be outlined as well.

There is also a whole brand new mechanic that I tailor made for this game, due to its very nature being villainous and crime heavy. There are also 'Win' objectives that are needed in order to properly declare victory , but even these are not set in stone, depending on your actions....

I'm also using the latest version of the PokeRole core rule book (1.2 as of now), so I will make all my rulings based on that version alone.

Changes to Iron's Rules
Character Creation Changes
New Mechanic(s)
Win Conditions
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

(07-24-2017, 03:50 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Hehehe...I'm looking forward to seeing how much chaos my character inevitably causes.  Shame I'm in it by myself to start with, but oh well.  I've got a few tricks that might help compensate for that for the time being.

As befitting of a member of Team Rocket! Make Giovanni proud, Dragonstrike! If you need anytime to digest these rules, or for me to clarify any details, let me know now!

Update, Update! I just added more information to the New Mechanic(s) tab, so check it for any info I originally missed out posting!

Well then, this looks like it's going to be interesting...but I do have to wonder whose idea it was to hold a large festival in the city with the most recorded instances of Team Rocket activity...(it is where their HQ is, after all)
(07-24-2017, 06:41 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Well then, this looks like it's going to be interesting...but I do have to wonder whose idea it was to hold a large festival in the city with the most recorded instances of Team Rocket activity...(it is where their HQ is, after all)

Time period for this event is before Team Rocket really got big and all powerful, so Celadon honestly doesn't have a reason to cancel or relocate the festival to another location! At least, not yet...

Alright, time for my character introduction!

I'll be playing as Reiner, a 20 year old who originates from Blackthorn City.  He's a rather average looking guy if you discount his dark blue hair.  Average height, blue eyes...looks a lot like most other Rocket Grunts when in uniform.  His pokemon of choice are Arbok (Battler), Kingdra (Battler), and Weavile (Support).

Originally, he aspired to become a Dragon Tamer of some renown, but the elders of Blackthorn wouldn't permit him to evolve his Seadra, due to believing he wouldn't be what a Dragon Tamer should represent.  One of the contributing factors to that was his tendency to hang out with a Sneasel that would sneak into town over and over no matter how many times it was kicked out, and the two of them would get into trouble frequently.  Usually, this involved stealing stuff, as Sneasel had the rare Pickpocket ability.  At 16, Reiner had decided that he and Sneasel would prove he could be a good Dragon Tamer...by stealing a Dragon Scale from the Dragon's Den and evolving Seadra into the highly disobedient Kingdra without prior approval.

As expected, he was unable to control his newly evolved Kindra, and promptly banished from the city, along with Sneasel.  Two years of poverty and thievery later, and he was recruited by Team Rocket when they noticed his exceptional potential for thievery.  He picked up an Ekans from what they offered him upon recruitment to help him deal with Fairy types, and after earning the respect of both his Sneasel and Kingdra, was permitted by Executive Proton to evolve him into an Arbok.  Reiner's eventual goal is to become an Executive himself and use the power to get revenge on the Blackthorn elders.  Of course, unless you're a Rocket Executive or Giovanni himself, you probably won't know any of that.  Reiner hates talking about his past if he doesn't have to, and is pretty easy to anger.

Weavile, as the support, aims to cripple opponents with Embargo, Taunt, Icicle Crash, Assurance, Beat Up...all sorts of nasty tricks that complement Kingdra's Smokescreen and the natural battle ability of both his battlers.  Which are both already fearsome in their own right and have no problems with following Reiner's orders because, unlike grunts without as much experience as him, he actually cares for his pokemon.  Weird, but it's made him one of Team Rocket's most dangerous grunts.

He's not super great at stealth (except when it comes to thievery.  Weavile is excellent at that after years of practice), but he's got a good handle on direct confrontation if it comes down to it.  And access to the highly dangerous Draco Meteor if he gets really angry.  Yikes.