Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delay climbing pick (waterfall item)
I love the HM-replacing item system in this game. Get an HM > use it to reach gym > beat gym > HM-replacing item becomes available > teach new HM and so on. It forces you to keep changing your moves and maybe make some small sacrifices, but without completely wrecking the HM'd pokémon. However... After winning the championship you're given HM05 Waterfall, which lets you reach Acton. But winning the championship also triggers the Tinkerer's new invention, the Climbing Pick, which lets you climb waterfalls and makes HM05 entirely unnecessary.

Maybe the trigger could be moved to once you have faced Acton, so you still have to learn Waterfall if you want the item?

I haven't reached the (current) end of the game yet, but if it doesn't involve some kind of Fly-replacing light aircraft, I will be very disappointed.
Don't worry, there's a Fly replacement.  You have to beat the Championship a second time to get it, though.  

I do agree the timing of the Climbing Pick is a little silly, but there's also very few waterfalls in Tandor.  And once you've climbed them all, there's practically no reason to revisit those areas.  Either Waterfall's usage as a field move becomes redundant immediately, or the Climbing Pick becomes almost completely useless because you have no reason to use it at all by the time you get it.  Waterfall itself is at least still useful for physical Water types like Gyarados.
It'd be nice to put the revealing of the Fly Replacement into Spoiler Tag at least, seems to be just my call though.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`