Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A non-radical way to make Nucleon less overpowered.
One suggestion to deal with Nucleon being OP, short of banning him from online play, might be a patch in a future update that removes the 30% base power boost of Atomizate, so that its only effect is to turn Normal type moves into Nuclear, without making them even stronger on top of that.

I guess that was meant to be parallel to the effect of Pixilate, but for the Nuclear type it's a bit excessive, as it makes Hyper Voice more powerful than Proton Beam, and it makes Hyper Beam more powerful than Fission Burst. Hyper Beam is normally avoided in competitive due to being setup bait, but when something has an effective base power of nearly 200 before STAB is even applied, and the unparalleled coverage of Nuclear type... guh.

I haven't done any math to back it up, but I suspect that removing the 30% power boost (which is probably more than 30% when compounded with the 50% boost from STAB) would significantly decrease the amount of OHKOs that Nucleon could get by spamming Hyper Voice. For a few bulky pokemon not weak to Nuclear (mainly partial Steel types), it may even turn a 2KO into a 3KO, allowing for some more solid counters that can actually switch in against Nucleon and win.

And this change would do this without really breaking Nucleon's niche, as a Choice Scarfed Nucleon would still be a terrifying threat, just a less-unstoppable one.
That or reducing it to a 10% boost at most would probably be for the best.
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍