Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RE: The Pahar Mystery gift
Soooooooo......

I've deliberately not run the patcher since the Mystery Gift Pahar was released because I noticed that apparently the Pahar can be shiny. So, I endeavored to set up a second save to "shiny hunt" it, upgrading once I was successful.

My only question is (and I should have asked this when I began, honestly), does the sprite shown when you select the mystery gift reflect the shiny-status of the pokemon in-game, or is that determined when you pick it up? 

Figured I'd ask, finally

Thanks Smile
That corrupted parrot can be shiny? Neat...
@ReeNormies and @CodySP as you are closer to the devs, can you provide an answer here?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
If it can be shiny, it would be determined when you pick it up. How'd you come to the conclusion that the Nuclear Pahar can be shiny, though? If it's because the wiki has a shiny sprite pictured, that's not sufficient evidence by itself. Pokemon can have shiny sprites in the data and be unavailable as shiny. Purpose of that is so the game doesn't crash or experience errors if someone tries to hack in something that doesn't exist (another example of this is the various unavailable shiny legendaries and mythicals in the main series games, or ??? type Arceus in Gen 4).
(10-31-2017, 10:15 PM)HuckebeinTheRaven Wrote: Soooooooo......

I've deliberately not run the patcher since the Mystery Gift Pahar was released because I noticed that apparently the Pahar can be shiny. So, I endeavored to set up a second save to "shiny hunt" it, upgrading once I was successful.

My only question is (and I should have asked this when I began, honestly), does the sprite shown when you select the mystery gift reflect the shiny-status of the pokemon in-game, or is that determined when you pick it up? 

Figured I'd ask, finally

The shiny sprite shown when you pick them in-game, as DragonStrike said.

(11-01-2017, 07:46 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: That corrupted parrot can be shiny? Neat...
@ReeNormies and @CodySP as you are closer to the devs, can you provide an answer here?
Yes, it can be shiny :p
A fellow breeder from the Breeders' Guild has it
iirc, Kooks has a shiny nuked-pahar too
Lazy and Hobbyist Artist | Member from the Breeders' Guild

OTs: Antares (Portuguese) | Anta (Japonese)
Ah, in-game proof. Interesting. Alright, carry on then. Don't mind my skepticism.
The reason I assumed it could was because I found a shiny sprite in the folder containing the sprites. I guess it was a bit of a stretch, but at least now I know I can just select it on the save I have set for it and be able to update

Thanks guys!
....and I found out that somehow my game "auto-updated" in some way to remove the previous mystery gift (the Pahar), despite not having the files for the new stuff installed by the patcher yet. This wouldn't be an issue except that I'd assumed the shininess was determined when you select it from the mystery gift menu option, so I hadn't actually grabbed it on the save.

Soooo.... crap. There goes that then :/

Well, at least the Halloween Lunapup looks pretty cool
(11-01-2017, 08:36 PM)HuckebeinTheRaven Wrote: ....and I found out that somehow my game "auto-updated" in some way to remove the previous mystery gift (the Pahar), despite not having the files for the new stuff installed by the patcher yet. This wouldn't be an issue except that I'd assumed the shininess was determined when you select it from the mystery gift menu option, so I hadn't actually grabbed it on the save.

Soooo.... crap. There goes that then :/

Well, at least the Halloween Lunapup looks pretty cool

Yeah, the actual distribution of N-Pahar ended awhile ago.  That's on the server side of things, not the game update side.
To clarify,  the Nuke Pahar can be shiny, but it's status is determined when you pick it up from the Pokemart

The Lunapup has no shiny form, and as Dragonstrike mentioned, Mystery Gifts are server side, but the image data for the Mystery gift (The sprite) is client side. So not updating your client so you can keep trying at an old Mystery gift won't work.
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody