Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates (since I don't know where else to post this!)
Been a while, everyone!

Lots of things have happened since I was here last; I've moved to Canada and am getting settled, looking for part-time work and gonna be doing lots of volunteering as well.  I even have my own idea for starting my own business, and it does revolve around art in its many forms--including game development (did I mention I have an interest in literally everything?)  There's this awesome place in the city I live in called the Makerspace, which is basically a creative heaven, haha.

Here's a link to their website: http://kamloopsmakerspace.com

It's got everything a creative type could ask for, and it's perfect for someone who has an interest in every art form.  I'll probably find fellow game dev enthusiasts, and since I live in a university town, I think I'll connect with the student union there and see how else I can connect with people.

What I want to do is use art as something of a universal language to convey positive message for humanity; the importance of walking together as one collective whole, pooling our individual strengths while compensation one another's weaknesses; reconnecting with nature and learning from the world around us, inspiring and empowering people from all sorts of backgrounds...it's a lofty goal, and I won't be able to do it alone.  The thing about my interest in every art form and pursuing as many as I'm able is that I can collaborate with people and organizations over many disciplines and causes, and my challenge would be to figure out which art form is most effective in various circumstances.  Since collaboration falls in line with my mission and vision, all the volunteer work I plan to undertake will be an important first step to figuring out how I'll do this and forming an actual business plan.  What's more, since I don't learn well at all in a university/formal educational environment, I will be taking a different approach.  All this collaboration will be a great alternative as far as learning and building skills goes.

So, honestly?  It would be in my best interest to hop on board a Pokemon fangame project.  There's really no getting around the learning part, hahah.  When the time comes, I'll start my search right here--and I'll probably have lots of stuff of my own to share.  Feedback is pretty important for what I'm doing, after all!
It is by descending into the pits of one's personal hells to face them, conquer them, and make them part of one's strength that one realizes what's called "true power."
Huh, it's nice to hear from you again after a while!~

Oh, now you moved to Canada sooner than expected? As I remember you mentioning the last time that this might likely not happen that fast. Nevermind though, hope you'll do well there!

As lofty as that goal may sound, it is a good goal and I'd be happy to follow progress of a new Pokemon Fangame being designed and created. Not sure how much I could actually contribute personally, but I'd surely give feedback if desired.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
I've had too many "real" things to do to make a fangame, but I've been developing a good tileset.
"To the extent that authority depends on the ignorance of the governed, good writing will always be subversive."
Phantom Wrote:Huh, it's nice to hear from you again after a while!~

Oh, now you moved to Canada sooner than expected? As I remember you mentioning the last time that this might likely not happen that fast. Nevermind though, hope you'll do well there!

As lofty as that goal may sound, it is a good goal and I'd be happy to follow progress of a new Pokemon Fangame being designed and created. Not sure how much I could actually contribute personally, but I'd surely give feedback if desired.

Right?  I wasn't expecting things to just click into place the way they have either, but so it goes~

Game development is part of it, yeah.  I'm not sure about necessarily making a Pokemon fangame right now, but there's another place here called the Kamloops Innovation Centre that focuses on tech-based startup businesses.  Seems like a good place to meet and connect with game devs and enthusiasts.  Aside from various traditional art forms, I'm also planning to dive into more technical kinds, like graphic/digital art, cooing an scripting, spriting, digital music composition, and so on.  Both sides of the art spectrum are what I'm going for, and this might even lead to totally new and unprecedented approaches to art and creativity.

I think, as far as my own projects go, they'll be original IPs, but hopping aboard someone else's fangame idea would be a great way to get my foot in the door.  I'll make posts here about it every now and then, and next time I'll probably start an ongoing thread in the Creativity section.

Polaris Wrote:I've had too many "real" things to do to make a fangame, but I've been developing a good tileset.

Well, considering that all of this is "real" stuff for me, maybe we could work something out down the road.  There's a lot of potential in the Pokemon fangame community, along with others I know, like Touhou, and so on.  Even if you were to just make a good tileset, I think it'd be a great experience anyway.  c:
It is by descending into the pits of one's personal hells to face them, conquer them, and make them part of one's strength that one realizes what's called "true power."