Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breeding Luck Stories, Any Game (does this go here?)
The breeder's discord would probably be a better place to ask this, but I don't feel like going through all the hoops of making a discord profile so here is the question does anyone know when exactly the contents of an egg are generated? I used to think it was when you receive the egg, but after some soft resetting experiments that theory was disproven. then I thought it might be based off the parents and I thought this one was the case when I bred a paras using the male of my scatterbug shiny breed and got one with the same gender, nature, characteristic and ivs as a scatterbug that would appear next. But that theory was quickly disproved. I don't really want to hatch 1000's of eggs but rather SR the same egg until I get a shiny.
I will show you a dance cloaked in shadow!
(06-07-2018, 06:29 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: The breeder's discord would probably be a better place to ask this, but I don't feel like going through all the hoops of making a discord profile so here is the question does anyone know when exactly the contents of an egg are generated? I used to think it was when you receive the egg, but after some soft resetting experiments that theory was disproven. then I thought it might be based off the parents and I thought this one was the case when I bred a paras using the male of my scatterbug shiny breed and got one with the same gender, nature, characteristic and ivs as a scatterbug that would appear next. But that theory was quickly disproved. I don't really want to hatch 1000's of eggs but rather SR the same egg until I get a shiny.

Which Games do you mean, Sun/Moon? Eh, I actually don't know either when exactly the Stats of the young one are determined, but from doing a bit of searching/reading it seems to be....

.....even before you drop the two parent Pokemon off at the Daycare. (Source)

If you like, try your luck with the Shiny Swap Method, it's clever use of the RNG. (I've never tried it myself though)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it."
- Gerard Way

[Image: tumblr_ojj74xpbFJ1vh0d58o1_540.png] <3
Jeez if this were a real ecosystem Grubbin would be extinct on my save and Akala island would be overrun with Scatterbug. The  whole egg generation thing is rather annoying. I might try the Shiny Swap method if it still works in Gen 7. Magikarp is in the Dragon Egg Group?! That makes things easy. Ill have to check again, but i think I have a Japanese Goodra I can use. (Foppa from D/P/Pt doesn't count for Masuda Method)
I will show you a dance cloaked in shadow!