Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety First! Transferring Pokemon Uranium to External Hard Disk Drive???
Question 
Hello! Guys, I was wondering if we can transfer our Pokemon Uranium game to our external hard disk as backup just in case our laptop/pc's hard disk crashed some time in the future (We never know! Ahhh! If it happens, it's going to be frustrating!)

Okay so the thing is, the game was installed in our laptop/pc's hard drive right? And the save files are located in the folder of the game in the hard drive too. Is it possible to copy/transfer the game files and save files into our external backup disc? If it does, can someone explain it to me how it should be done?  Huh

Thanks!
Sure it can be done!~ After I've lost my savefile including a shiny Chyinmunk from Moki Town twice during my playthrough, I'm keeping a backup-savefile on my trustworthy external harddisk.

It's not hard to do so either, the savefile is the RXDATA-file located in C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium. You'd just have to make sure that the backup on the external hardisk is up-to-date/transfer the savefile every now and then in case the Laptop/PC mocks up to not loose any progress in-game. On a new hardware, you's simply install Uranium and drag and drop the savefile into the same folder from the external harddisk.
I guess the whole game can be transfered as well, that'd be the folder of Pokemon Uranium found under C: Programms containing all the graphics, the audio and stuff.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Mostly you need the save file, since if your main hard drive goes down it's taking your operating system with it (i.e. you're going to need to reinstall Windows or get a new computer anyway). The game can always be re-downloaded and replaced.
"To the extent that authority depends on the ignorance of the governed, good writing will always be subversive."
(04-19-2018, 10:52 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Sure it can be done!~ After I've lost my savefile including a shiny Chyinmunk from Moki Town twice during my playthrough, I'm keeping a backup-savefile on my trustworthy external harddisk.

It's not hard to do so either, the savefile is the RXDATA-file located in C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium. You'd just have to make sure that the backup on the external hardisk is up-to-date/transfer the savefile every now and then in case the Laptop/PC mocks up to not loose any progress in-game. On a new hardware, you's simply install Uranium and drag and drop the savefile into the same folder from the external harddisk.
I guess the whole game can be transfered as well, that'd be the folder of Pokemon Uranium found under C: Programms containing all the graphics, the audio and stuff.
Ah, alright! So basically, I can actually choose to transfer the entire folder of Pokemon Uranium into my external hard disk including the game Program itself? For safe keep, should I test it out by COPYING the files first and paste it in my external hard disk, then try to play it with the files that are in the hard disk instead of playing using the existent files in my laptop?
(04-19-2018, 12:29 PM)Polaris Wrote: Mostly you need the save file, since if your main hard drive goes down it's taking your operating system with it (i.e. you're going to need to reinstall Windows or get a new computer anyway). The game can always be re-downloaded and replaced.
So, I can salvage the save file itself only WITHOUT having to make any backup for the other game files too? What I meant is that, if my laptop's out of order and I wanna play it at another laptop/pc, I can re-install the Pokemon Uranium game file and then put my current save file that I have from the previous broken laptop into the re-install Pokemon Uranium game file folder to make it work? 

Because it always crossed my mind that it won't work if we take out our save file to play it on a new re-install game program. It's terrifying to think that it won't work for real! Cry Cry Cry
(04-19-2018, 02:11 PM)Suhailah_Iela Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 12:29 PM)Polaris Wrote: Mostly you need the save file, since if your main hard drive goes down it's taking your operating system with it (i.e. you're going to need to reinstall Windows or get a new computer anyway). The game can always be re-downloaded and replaced.
So, I can salvage the save file itself only WITHOUT having to make any backup for the other game files too? What I meant is that, if my laptop's out of order and I wanna play it at another laptop/pc, I can re-install the Pokemon Uranium game file and then put my current save file that I have from the previous broken laptop into the re-install Pokemon Uranium game file folder to make it work? 

Because it always crossed my mind that it won't work if we take out our save file to play it on a new re-install game program. It's terrifying to think that it won't work for real! Cry Cry Cry

Nah it's designed so that a save file will work on any computer having the game installed.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(04-19-2018, 02:04 PM)Suhailah_Iela Wrote: So basically, I can actually choose to transfer the entire folder of Pokemon Uranium into my external hard disk including the game Program itself? For safe keep, should I test it out by COPYING the files first and paste it in my external hard disk, then try to play it with the files that are in the hard disk instead of playing using the existent files in my laptop?

Eh... I dunno if that'll work, but of course you can try it out and see whether it does. As long as your precious savefile is backuped and protected, I guess you can do what you like with the game folder as IF it doesn't work, you can simply reinstall the newest and patched version of the game from Reddit to make it work.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(04-19-2018, 02:56 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 02:04 PM)Suhailah_Iela Wrote: So basically, I can actually choose to transfer the entire folder of Pokemon Uranium into my external hard disk including the game Program itself? For safe keep, should I test it out by COPYING the files first and paste it in my external hard disk, then try to play it with the files that are in the hard disk instead of playing using the existent files in my laptop?

Eh... I dunno if that'll work, but of course you can try it out and see whether it does. As long as your precious savefile is backuped and protected, I guess you can do what you like with the game folder as IF it doesn't work, you can simply reinstall the newest and patched version of the game from Reddit to make it work.
XDDD Alright! I need to start backing up my save file often pretty soon! Thanks for replying! :3
(04-19-2018, 02:29 PM)Iron Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 02:11 PM)Suhailah_Iela Wrote:

Nah it's designed so that a save file will work on any computer having the game installed.
Phew! Then I guess I better start on backing up my save file every now and then after I've done playing it on the day! It's getting clearer for me now, thank you very much for replying!  Big Grin