Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pokemon Rocket and an Untitled game
Laptop is still acting up. I hope it isn't broken... Oh well at least I have one of my hacks backed up on flash memory. (If I knew this would happen I'd have backed up uranium as well.)
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
I did some more stuff with YAPE. i changed all the normal trade evos to evolve @ LV. 40 changed it so moon stone and sun stone get you Umbreon and Espeon, respectively. made clampearl's and poliwhirl's evolution personality based (like wurmple, i've yet to test these two evos to make sure that they work) I think i made porygon and feebas friendship based
I don't know if changing the evolutions did it or the pokedex entries but I somehow managed to break charmander and bulbasaur and had to revert to an earlier version of Ultima so here are the steps I've been taking w/ the game.
1: Delete and patch to a clean ROM image.
2: Make changes to the game
3: Save changes
4: Test
5: if broken return to step 1, otherwise continue to step 6.
6: save changes to ips.
7: Repeat from step 2.
*sigh* i did a repoint on ultima and completely corrupted route 1 (it became 1x1 tiles with an "invalid pointer") luckily my ips backup wasn't that far back, just had to redo a couple sprites, so I'm planning to finish all the spritework first. and I've been having trouble with the catch-'em-all aspect, but that's mainly because of the way Fire Red is programmed; it won't (for some reason or another) let you evolve pokemon that aren't in the Kanto pokedex. Until you get the national dex by beating the game, that is. I've seen a few fr hacks that have an early national dex but they are modified in a way that i dont want to use them to put this implementation on my game.
ick. accidentally shortened the name of a map and when I went to fix (I had to do a repoint...) and messed up a text block (the same poster I've messed up in the past) and as opposed to going back and fixing it, I just deleted the event (ended up getting pissed with it and said "screw it") but lately, I've been putting it on hold to play other things on my laptop (including a Sega Saturn emulator)
Ah, that means Game Project is put on ice for now? (I'm sorry if asking so blatantly >< ) Well, I hope that things will look better after a hiatus from it!~
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
It's not completely stopped, but on the back burner, if that makes sense; and considering this is what most of the Saturn game I'm playing looks like, I come back to my hack to take a breather from glitched out graphics.
    (not sure if its the ROM or the Emulator that's causing this)
It does make sense, and hooray that the FanGame Project hasn't bite the dust! A few too many have already that actually had/have potential. ._. *throws a side-glance over to Pokemon Fragments*
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Nothing much for the rom hacks. Ive been breeding on uranium almost nonstop (so far, 7 full boxes of eevees and no shinies yet...) Ive done a few more sprite changes, mostly the front facing sprite so when i come back after a break i remember what the new character's sprite group is.
Yay! more text block updates. these are the game consoles in Celadon City. I haven't reached that far in my save for testing so here are screenshots of Advance Text, the program I'm using for editing the text blocks.