Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffs n stuff - the buff thread
Now, as you are no doubt aware, Gamefreak has some serious balancing issues when it comes to Pokémon, and out of all the 800ish Pokémon there are (as of now), only a handful of them are even slightly useable in the metagame. Pokémon Uranium, unfortunately, falls under this scope too. Even though, for example, some of the earlier game 'Mons have decently better stats than your standard 2-stage Com Mon, there are a few... shall we say, hiccups, here and there. Therefore, I have decided to create a thread where all the weaker Pokémon can be shown off so that one day, they may take the limelight with their stats being bettered and new moves being blessed upon them.

If you wish to participate, post a Pokémon, the overview, and how and why they should be buffed.

To start us off, how about something simple? Terlard. Terlard was one of those 'mons I grew fond of as I used it more, and one such individual even found her way onto my story team, where she helped in defeating the Elite 4 and Gym Leaders. I made her a physical attacker though, because while that's the lower attacking stat, let's face it, Terlard's special movepool almost literally doesn't exist. I have also noticed that Terlard is very unimpressive stats-wise in other ways, and while the Grozard family is like this game's Diglett and Dugtrio, some things that were not factored in were just how blindingly fast they are. With 95 base speed (90 in Alolan Forme) Diglett outspeeds pretty much anything you'd have in the early game unless they used the readily-available Quick Attack to overcome this, and Dugtrio gets it even more. With 120 base Speed (110 in Alolan Forme) it proves itself a nippy little... three-headed mole, nearly capable of matching up to the likes of the speedster Crobat. Therefore, I propose these stat changes. How about bringing it more in line with Dugtrio, with the stats:

HP: 60
Attack: 100 (+20)
Defense: 65
Sp. Attack: 60 (-25)
Sp. Defense: 65 (-5)
Speed: 110 (+15)
Total - 460 (+5)

With these changes, while it doesn't become a real powerhouse, it can hold its own in the long-run, while its Base Stat Total still makes it believable as an early-game 'mon. I made it more fragile, because Dugtrio's defenses are pretty awful (especially so when you take its very low HP into account), but ultimately, speedy glass cannons are a common niche, as they are allowed to have better offensive stats due to less focus on defense. It can focus on quick, repeated strikes as opposed to sub-130 raw power, and while I love powerful dragons, a quicker, slightly weaker one adds a nice bit of variety, especially when the powerhouses of the likes of Coatlith, Yatagaryu, Tracton and Fafninter roam the fields, and even lil' Luxelong has a bit of punch behind its attacks. An alternative would be making it less early-game and making it a balanced 90-powered attacker, though I'm not sure what special moves should be given to Terlard, given what it is, so I've decided to go physical. What do you all think of this?
Fix my buddy Barand!
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(05-29-2018, 12:32 PM)Iron Wrote: Fix my buddy Barand!

Okay! *grabs chemical neutering agent* Big Grin
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]