Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Side Quest: Defeat a Nuclear Breeder
About a year and a half ago, I suggested the idea for a nuclear breeder by the name of Nep. Since that would be downright villainous in-game though, it got countered pretty well to the point where I couldn't raise any good points in favor of having Nep.

I recently came back to the game and got to thinking: it's a villainous hobby, so why not actually hunt down that theoretical nuclear breeder instead? Same info from the past thread. Dude used to be a great breeder, got bored, and once he saw a Nuclear pokemon, he became obsessive with them.

The MC has the task of hunting him down and putting his recklessness to a halt. Clearing the event could net you the option to buy Nuclear Balls or maybe a Nuclear pokemon that's not usually accessible.
Hi there, welcome back to the forums. I, for one, thought that the original idea was rather interesting with its pro's and con's and this new idea for a side-quest would make a great Ranger Mission.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
Oh, that's an idea I can get behind!~ It'd be cool if such a Sidequest would contain of more than just 'Here's Nep! *introduction and lots of text to read as he recounts his backstory and intentions* Now battle him! Once defeated: Quest complete!', like having to track him down first as he escaped and hides into the nearest town, or indeed combining it with the unreleased Ranger Mission.

An otherwise unobtainable (and new!) Nuclear-corrupted Pokemon would rejoice me personally more than the opportunity to buy Nuclear Balls, but that's everyone's free decision. Humm, but which Pokemon... Nuclear Duplicat, maybe? Or a poor Eevee (unable to evolve), or....a Devimp!
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
。・:*:・゚’★❤[Image: fkAEH]。・:*:・゚’★❤
(06-08-2018, 09:50 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: An otherwise unobtainable (and new!) Nuclear-corrupted Pokemon would rejoice me personally more than the opportunity to buy Nuclear Balls, but that's everyone's free decision. Humm, but which Pokemon... Nuclear Duplicat, maybe? Or a poor Eevee (unable to evolve), or....a Devimp!

Or how about Nuclear Pahar?  Ya know, for all those poor souls who missed the 1 year anniversary MG one.

I'd be happy with that one being obtainable through normal gameplay regardless of the method, though.
(06-08-2018, 10:02 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Or how about Nuclear Pahar?  Ya know, for all those poor souls who missed the 1 year anniversary MG one.

Oh yes, that'd be a good idea as well! The small downside is that those who've already received the Pahar when the Mystery Gift was available will end up having two exemplars, but that's actually not too bad as it could still be used for trading or kept for collective reasons.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(06-08-2018, 09:50 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: It'd be cool if such a Sidequest would contain of more than just 'Here's Nep! *introduction and lots of text to read as he recounts his backstory and intentions* Now battle him! Once defeated: Quest complete!', like having to track him down first as he escaped and hides into the nearest town, or indeed combining it with the unreleased Ranger Mission.
Oh yes! More than just an info dump thing, definitely. Tying it to an unfinished ranger mission though... Hmm. Didn't think of that.

There are a lot of non-Steel mons that don't have Nuclear forms. Any of them would be good, I think.
(06-09-2018, 01:45 AM)SmashyQ Wrote: There are a lot of non-Steel mons that don't have Nuclear forms. Any of them would be good, I think.

Nuclear Luxelong anyone? I bet it'd look cool as a partial Nuclear Type...

Hmm, if there are many that would be good, how about something like letting the player choose between three randomly determined species, allowing soft-resetting if wanting some particular Pokemon?
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Or how about getting a nuclear starter (the one that would normally be weak to the one you got at the beginning of your journey.)
(06-10-2018, 09:32 AM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: Or how about getting a nuclear starter (the one that would normally be weak to the one you got at the beginning of your journey.)

One can get the Starter that's strong against your choosen one at the beginning by registering 150 Pokemon to the Dex, and by receiveing the one weak to it from Nep it'd be possible to receive all Starters without having to trade for them - I'd be down for that. But I somehow shudder over the thought of a Nuclear Mega-Archilles...
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
What about a (randomy chosen) shiny nukemon with perfect ivs (I didn't know you get the starter strong to yours I just traded the other two from my other save files.) I personally like my first idea but i figured I'd drop this idea and see what other people think