Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pokemon Uranium Battle Simulator - now online!
(07-19-2018, 08:48 PM)Jabuloso Wrote: I started playing Duel two weeks ago and I've been enjoying it a lot, but I have the same problem with mobile games haha I'll probably drop it as well in a few weeks or months. The game is really fun tho.

I'll PM you whenever I want to battle but the time difference might be an issue. Anyway, we can try to arrange a battle any time!! And no problem, I'll wait for the server to open, but I was expecting to join it cause it might be easier to get some matches there, right? But anyway, looking forward to any news about the sim (and the UCC Discord lol).

I definitely agree that it's really fun Smile It's also reeeaaallly hard when you get into the nitty gritty of the multiplayer.

Yup, I'm sure we can work something out some time.

Atm, UCC is kinda quiet since it's just us mods and major contributors hanging out there for the time being.  Should definitely look a little more lively when it's open, though!  Finding battles there at that point probably wouldn't be difficult at all.  Definitely keep your eyes and ears open for more news concerning the sim's progress and the UCC!
(07-19-2018, 09:06 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 08:48 PM)Jabuloso Wrote: I started playing Duel two weeks ago and I've been enjoying it a lot, but I have the same problem with mobile games haha I'll probably drop it as well in a few weeks or months. The game is really fun tho.

I'll PM you whenever I want to battle but the time difference might be an issue. Anyway, we can try to arrange a battle any time!! And no problem, I'll wait for the server to open, but I was expecting to join it cause it might be easier to get some matches there, right? But anyway, looking forward to any news about the sim (and the UCC Discord lol).

I definitely agree that it's really fun Smile It's also reeeaaallly hard when you get into the nitty gritty of the multiplayer.

Yup, I'm sure we can work something out some time.

Atm, UCC is kinda quiet since it's just us mods and major contributors hanging out there for the time being.  Should definitely look a little more lively when it's open, though!  Finding battles there at that point probably wouldn't be difficult at all.  Definitely keep your eyes and ears open for more news concerning the sim's progress and the UCC!

Don't forget to keep me well informed about that server!! Hahah

Btw, let's have some real competitive discussion here... Help me with nimflora here. I was thinking about using it as a suicide lead but I don't think that fits my team. But know I'm stuck with not actually knowing what to do with it. On other hand I need it since it's probably the best sticky web setter right now, and my problem is the EV spread. Might invest 252 in speed and 252 in attack, but that might not be optimal. What do you think?
(07-19-2018, 09:20 PM)Jabuloso Wrote:  Don't forget to keep me well informed about that server!! Hahah

Btw, let's have some real competitive discussion here... Help me with nimflora here. I was thinking about using it as a suicide lead but I don't think that fits my team. But know I'm stuck with not actually knowing what to do with it. On other hand I need it since it's probably the best sticky web setter right now, and my problem is the EV spread. Might invest 252 in speed and 252 in attack, but that might not be optimal. What do you think?

I'll definitely keep ya up to date!

Hmmmmm...Nimflora huh?  Definitely one I want to write a guide on at some point...well, a Suicide/Anti Lead type set might not be too bad.  Magic Bounce does a great job of deterring your opponent from using status moves, after all.  Nimflora has a decent attack stat, okay speed...average everything else.  Movepool is kinda shallow, too...Sticky Web, Play Rough, and X-Scissor are easily the main highlights if you're not using Quiver Dance.  Nimflora's one job is to set up Sticky Web once, maybe twice.  As a Suicide Lead on Hyper Offense, that'd probably work great.  The EVs you listed are probably what I'd go with since I wouldn't expect Nimflora to take very many hits.  At all.

Maybe take a look at some Galvantula sets for some inspiration?  The elespider kinda does the same thing, after all.  Set up Sticky Web, land a strong hit if you can...(ironically, that is exactly what my Galvantula just did in the Skull Ruins Roleplay Tongue )
(07-19-2018, 10:14 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Hmmmmm...Nimflora huh?  Definitely one I want to write a guide on at some point...well, a Suicide/Anti Lead type set might not be too bad.  Magic Bounce does a great job of deterring your opponent from using status moves, after all.  Nimflora has a decent attack stat, okay speed...average everything else.  Movepool is kinda shallow, too...Sticky Web, Play Rough, and X-Scissor are easily the main highlights if you're not using Quiver Dance.  Nimflora's one job is to set up Sticky Web once, maybe twice.  As a Suicide Lead on Hyper Offense, that'd probably work great.  The EVs you listed are probably what I'd go with since I wouldn't expect Nimflora to take very many hits.  At all.

Maybe take a look at some Galvantula sets for some inspiration?  The elespider kinda does the same thing, after all.  Set up Sticky Web, land a strong hit if you can...(ironically, that is exactly what my Galvantula just did in the Skull Ruins Roleplay Tongue )
Narshyl gave some tips on how he uses Nimflora. Pretty much exactly what you said. But tbh, while I was testing the team, I realized that Nimflora is not only a suicide lead but it puts a lot of pressure on other hazard setters. I myself get scared to lay web or rocks whenever there's a nimflora on the other side.

Oh and, hey, maybe you already know but the Monster Trio is usable in the sim, but their movepool is rather poor. I have had some succes with full def Baitatao running Coral Break, Flamethrower, Protect and HP Ground.
(07-20-2018, 11:05 AM)Jabuloso Wrote: Oh and, hey, maybe you already know but the Monster Trio is usable in the sim, but their movepool is rather poor. I have had some succes with full def Baitatao running Coral Break, Flamethrower, Protect and HP Ground.

....FOR REAL!? Whoahw.... I so want to use a Baitatao, thank you for sharing that small curiosity!
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(07-20-2018, 11:31 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 11:05 AM)Jabuloso Wrote: Oh and, hey, maybe you already know but the Monster Trio is usable in the sim, but their movepool is rather poor. I have had some succes with full def Baitatao running Coral Break, Flamethrower, Protect and HP Ground.

....FOR REAL!? Whoahw.... I so want to use a Baitatao, thank you for sharing that small curiosity!

Yeah and it is rather good. That bulk is amazing and you can reliably check a lot of stuff. Plus it can deal some good damage, so it's worth giving it a try.
I hear there's new stuff in the simulator now!  Straight from Narshyl on the UCC Discord, who's been helping with getting it done more quickly!

Quote:* Added all additional items from Uranium
* Added all currently available mega evolutions
* Removed unneeded battle formats
* Added a "Only Uploaded Teams" battle format, which only lets you fight with teams you uploaded from the game
* Fixed an issue wherein teams uploaded from the game, which had pokemon with moves > lv50, would be deemed invalid
* Fixed desktop notifications

They're currently working on adding in some of the other, custom stuff in Uranium too.  Ya know, things like custom Weather, the custom moves and abilities...progress!  Woo hoo!

Another weird thing to note is that there's a handful of things (mainly items) not available in Uranium yet available on the simulator when using the Free for All battle format instead of the Import Only format (I think). Assualt Vest, for example, if you want to play around with that a little bit.