Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate My Team!
(08-15-2018, 10:37 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: --------------

Yeah, Hazard Cleaners need a little exploring.  Not a whole ton of amazing Spinners and Defoggers in Uranium.  Coatlith is probably the second best one just by the virtue of it can also use Levitate and it isn't weak to Stealth Rock like most of those other chumps.

------------------

The fact that it doesn't have that bad of Stats and can use Roost without being left open to Ground moves (Due to Levitate!) is also something to be desired in a Defoger, thought its Typing is both a boon and curse to it. Third best Hazard Remover is probably Gararewl, as its prior Evos learn Rapid Spin, it has absolutely stellar bulk and typing, Sturdy, and can afford to run AV (when it comes out in game) unlike S51-A, due to not having a reliable recovery move and/or Sheer Force to power up its attacks with CB or LO help.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Yup. Seems like everything's been summed up pretty well.

Just correcting something: all ungrounded mons lose their Ground immunity when using Roost. That goes for Flying-types, Levitate and Magnet Rise users and Air Balloon holders.
Huh, didn't know that. Thought Levitate was a cheecky exception to the rule, but guess not. Good thing that Coalith is resistant to Ground Moves to begin with, or can use Synthesis instead to avoid grounding itself!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

(08-16-2018, 02:51 AM)shademonkey Wrote: Just correcting something: all ungrounded mons lose their Ground immunity when using Roost. That goes for Flying-types, Levitate and Magnet Rise users and Air Balloon holders.

Except Roost's effect applying only to removing the Flying type is exactly why Latias/Latios are commonly known to use Roost instead of Recover, right?  I remember Smogon mentioning at one point that they run that move specifically for those cheeky instances where someone tries to EQ them as they Roost because they forget that the move doesn't remove Levitate's immunity to Ground.

Plus, Bulbapedia only mentions the move applying to the Flying type as well.  There's no mention of it applying to other methods of a pokemon being ungrouded. Air Balloon, Levitate, Magnet Rise, Telekinesis, etc. are all cheeky 'exceptions to the rule' because all Roost does is remove the user's Flying type (if any) until the end of the turn.

Regardless, unless I was running Coatlith on a dedicated Sun team of some variety and was reasonably certain my opponent wouldn't try to switch a M-Electruxo, Yatagaryu, or Escartress in on the predicted recovery move, I would always use Roost on it over Synthesis if I needed a recovery move.
Welp, I spoke too fast without fact checking for once. You're right Roost doesnt cancel Levitate, the French version of bulbapedia states it explicitly. Sometimes info isn't the same from one language to another.
My bad!
Still unsure about Magnet Rise and Air Balloon but now my guess is it'd be as you said, Roost only affects typing and nothing else.
shademonkey Wrote:Welp, I spoke too fast without fact checking for once. You're right Roost doesnt cancel Levitate, the French version of bulbapedia states it explicitly. Sometimes info isn't the same from one language to another.
My bad!
Still unsure about Magnet Rise and Air Balloon but now my guess is it'd be as you said, Roost only affects typing and nothing else.

Don't worry shadey. Most people think Roost affects Levitate. I only knew about it because of Latios hahah

Lord Windos Wrote:I never said TS on Chimi was a bad idea, just one that I didn't really understand until now. Now that you explained, it sounds rather clever, but you have to keep in mind that while S-51 A is one of the best Anti Hazard mons, its not the only one. Chlorophyll Coalith under the sun can outspeed any variant of the chimera and threaten with a Earthpower, and then use Defog to clear away the TS. CS Coalith with Levitate can also completely shut down TS too. Both have to watch out for Sludge Bomb and/or a Sun Boosted Overheat, but if Coalith is fast enough to get off the first Move.... And that's just one example I can think of. The meta hasn't really explored good alt hazard cleaners, but I imagine as it develops they will.

Yup, Scarf Coatlith can be threatening (although I have to note that, unfortunately (or not), it lacks Defog in the current version of the sim), but it's not like Coatlith can safely switch in to Chimaconda, considering it can be OHKO'ed by Sludge Wave/takes around 75% damage from Overheat, unless predicting a T-Spike, but then again, it's kind of a gamble in this case. Chimaconda is truly amazing, isn't it?
(08-16-2018, 01:53 PM)Jabuloso Wrote: Yup, Scarf Coatlith can be threatening (although I have to note that, unfortunately (or not), it lacks Defog in the current version of the sim), but it's not like Coatlith can safely switch in to Chimaconda, considering it can be OHKO'ed by Sludge Wave/takes around 75% damage from Overheat, unless predicting a T-Spike, but then again, it's kind of a gamble in this case. Chimaconda is truly amazing, isn't it?

Its still a check, though, and their are a bunch of dedicated Special Walls that can come in and totally ruin them, or plently of faster Pokémon that can switch in after the chimera burns something, and chunk it if it doesn't schedadle. Strong Priority and Revenge Killers also screw it over, particular M-Arbok and Chainite, the later of which can trap and threaten to KO with a CB Shadow Sneak. Chimiconda is a beast for sure, but its far from uncounterable…I think. If it does become too much of a problem, its getting kicked up to Ubers!