Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two years of the Uranium Forum!
Howdy Uranium fans,

I find myself in a slightly emotional state as I look back on the days that lead to this point. Starting as a fan like many others, I joined the pokemonuranium.com forum to share my experience with the game and offer help to those who were having trouble. After sending a private message to Twitch regarding the sudden surge of traffic and my years of experience with Forum boards and moderation, I was made a mod working under Iron. I can't remember the last time I had been so excited, I was a small part of a truly incredible project that I was passionate about not as a professional, but as a player, Twitch and Iron gave me the opportunity to be both.

Fast forward to Today and I celebrate my two year anniversary as Pokemon Uranium's Community Manager, rebuilding the forum from scratch, communicating with thousands of fans from across the globe not unlike myself, I've sat down with major tech journalist for interviews, spent months spreading the word that the project didn't die, it just joined a new Daycare. I have heard stories about how this game has saved lives, about how people found there partners and formed a romantic relationship and only found each other because they were both part of the fandom, I've heard stories about how this game helped people stay on the straight and narrow as they were in rehab fighting addiction but most importantly I have heard stories about how happy and how excited people were about Uranium and I hope JV and Twitch are just as proud of making it that I am just working for it.

So welcome, my friends, to year two of the Uranium forum 2.0, the domain has been renewed for another year, and it has been a fantastic journey interacting with all of you. This Forum only exists because of the people who post and communicate here. A forum without a community is a ghost board that serves no purpose, a purpose that no Administrator, Moderator or Coordinator can fill. Rest assured that in order to do our jobs, we rely on you to give us the purpose to do so.

There are a million and one people I wish to thank for bringing us to this point but I'll try to keep this short and sweet, please know that even if you were not mentioned, your contribution to making this website a better place has not been disregarded and I am deeply appreciative of you being here with us.

@Iron Well, what can I say? When we spoke for the first time could you have guessed that this is where we would have ended up? Had someone told me that this is what would happen I probably would have laughed in their face. Regardless, an endless amount of thanks goes out to you for coming back and tackling this with me. Your actions, words and constant support have been paramount in keeping this place in working order. It has been an honor and a privilege working with you.

@Polaris Of course who could forget the person who modded alongside me on the old Forum. It was a joy hearing from you after you found us again and your work speaks for itself. Not only are you an extraordinary Mod but a talented artist which was desperately needed. Thank you for being here!

@PhantomUnderYourDesk and @Lord Windos So how should you two be addressed? King and Queen? Joker and the Thief? Salt and Pepper? Mustard and Ketchup? Abbot and Costello? Bonnie and Clyde? In any case, your continued and active presence have been a major part of keeping this forum alive, your kindness and eagerness to participate has been key to the long-time success of our community. It has been a pleasure working with you both to ensure that we create an inclusive, safe and most importantly welcoming environment for users both new and old, thank you for your continued suggestions and feedback. (Also, I don't mean to brag and I don't wanna say I fostered the OTP, but I kinda made the environment and kept things ship shape so... do I get credit? Yeah? Do I? Hm? No? Okay...)

@Dragonstrike How could I not mention you with that post count rivaling Wine and Cheese up there? Though there are many things I could bring up regarding your contributions, the one that meant the most to me, the one I'm most appreciative of is your willingness to work with me when times were tough through no fault of your own. I appreciate the openness and maturity it took to find a positive solution for both parties and I thank you for it.

So without further adieu, allow me to welcome you all into Season 2 of the Uranium Forum, as always if you have any suggestions, comments or concerns, or spot a bug in the system please contact me or leave a post in the proper forum. I hope to see you all in 2019.

With thanks,
Cody
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody
Hehehehehehahahahaha!  Oh yeah, that post count is something all right.  Participating in a play-by-post roleplay (or two.  Three eventually, when and if my own pokerole game takes off after Iron's is finished) does a spectacular job of inflating those numbers Tongue

Regardless, though, it's been an absolute pleasure to be a part of this community, even if it is only a smaller part of Uranium's community as a whole.  I'm still looking forward to when I'll be an active part of something other than the roleplay section.  Just need that battle sim to be finished, and then I can really get back into the meat of helping to flesh out the competitive aspects of the game however I can!  Guide writing, tournaments, helping with the UCC Discord...it's going to be great when that all finally kicks off, and I'll be here to make absolutely sure everyone here knows when it does (and maybe on the subreddit, too).  (and I'm choosing to remain optimistic that it will!  If we believe hard enough, it'll happen eventually, right?  Right?)

I appreciate that you worked with me as well on that tough topic as well, Cody.  I really appreciated that you handled it the way you did, and even went above and beyond to give me more than I was expecting. You deserve just as much credit for that ending on a positive note.

Honestly, I never expected to be such an active member of this community for so long.  I was expecting to write a few guides, and then spend most of my time lurking when I ran out of guides to write, and eventually stop visiting altogether when that interest started to wane.  But I've gotten so much more than I was expecting from joining these forums, and I'm very much looking forward to continuing to be an active member of this community in any number of ways.  So cheers to another year, and many more to come!
Dear heaven, Cody, stop making me smile when reading what you wrote up here :o

It's quite an amazing thing how one thing has lead to another, now isn't it? ^^ In both cases, yours in the means of starting as a player and making it to the Community Manager solo'ing everything - which is, to be honest, definitely something that deserves praise on its own! - and mine in stumbling over an note on tumblr about the release of a new FanGame after 9+years of development and ending up both such an active member and in ship that doesn't care how many kilometers lay between us on a map... It's just stunning to see in what direction everything has developed and it couldn't have been anticipated. But I'm being honest when saying that I'm happy how things have developed indeed! *wraps arms around their OTP, dearly cuddling and nuzzling them for loooong minutes* ~<3

Of course you indirectly fostered things by providing the board, and I actually saved up some sort of drawing for when you'll be celebrating your two-year anniversary - it's just small and born from a random thought for the Pokemon-of-the-month Drawing Challenge on the Creator's Collective, but I thought you might like it...maybe... I guess?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(09-09-2018, 03:42 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Dear heaven, Cody, stop making me smile when reading what you wrote up here :o

It's quite an amazing thing how one thing has lead to another, now isn't it? ^^ In both cases, yours in the means of starting as a player and making it to the Community Manager solo'ing everything - which is, to be honest, definitely something that deserves praise on its own! - and mine in stumbling over an note on tumblr about the release of a new FanGame after 9+years of development and ending up both such an active member and in ship that doesn't care how many kilometers lay between us on a map... It's just stunning to see in what direction everything has developed and it couldn't have been anticipated. But I'm being honest when saying that I'm happy how things have developed indeed! *wraps arms around their OTP, dearly cuddling and nuzzling them for loooong minutes* ~<3

Of course you indirectly fostered things by providing the board, and I actually saved up some sort of drawing for when you'll be celebrating your two-year anniversary - it's just small and born from a random thought for the Pokemon-of-the-month Drawing Challenge on the Creator's Collective, but I thought you might like it...maybe... I guess?

This is my new favorite thing. I'm saving this drawing on my computer and it's going into a favorites folder in my Picture gallery Tongue But for all of the love I have for it, @EeveeBailey is truly going to blow a gasket when she sees this.

I will continue to do my best to provide my services to the utmost, being a part of this forum even when moving away from a role of authority, if I may just speak as a player and a fan, has been a joy I will cherish for years to come.

Save Backups:

Two years already?! Man, its looks like yesterday I have joined this community. Such experiences, adventures and all kinds of things here. I very happy and proud in be part from such place like Uranium. Feel so much...in home. And have so many crazy adventures in the Roleplay section too. *Patting the heads of Heart and Arial proud* Yep. Happy 2 years everyone!
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Hard to believe it's been two years since this forum came into existence -- heck, it's hard to believe it's been two years since Uranium's release!  What can I say, I'm one of those people whose life became so much better as a result of finding Uranium and joining the community.  I went from a player / casual forum lurker to an active member of the community, and now I'm part of both the community management team AND the development team... and none of this would have happened if it hadn't been for @CodySP bringing the forum back from the dead like a majestic phoenix!

Even though I've not been as active here as of late, the forum will always have a special place in my heart for all the friendships I've made here, all the fun times we've had... sprites and fanfic, trades and shinies, and who can forget our rampant (and sometimes wildly off-topic) roleplaying across the threads (you just wait @Lord Windos, I'll defend those cookies yet!).  Here's to many more years of Uranium, this forum, and all the staff, members, and fans who work so hard to keep it alive!  Heart

Oh and...
(09-09-2018, 02:33 PM)CodySP Wrote:

My oh my, time sure passes us all by so quickly, eh mates? Can make just about anyone nostalgic, really....

When I first discovered Uranium through one of those clickbait article titles on some wiki ages back, I could never realize that I'd become so dedicated to it and the community. Heck, I initially joined the forums to just lurk, as the last time I joined a forums board it....didn't turn out so well for me, but I got the idea to write a guide for Dunsereph in my head, and the rest you might say is history. Uranium and the forums has become a big part of my life for quite so time now, and while the place has more or less become a shadow of its former self due to Discord, I still cherish it to this day and would never see it fade into total obscurity. Its one of the few complaints and issues I have with the Uranium Community + Forums in general, as it's.....well, disheartening to see a once bustling board almost being rendered a ghost town....

Ah, but enough with the  dreariness! This is Uranium Anniversary Celebration Time, not mopping about the golden age of the forums! I was (and still am, to an extent) rather surprised I've become so entrenched as one of the pillars of the Uranium Forums community (For I am a absolute nobody/ghost on Discord by choice, since I'm not fond of it), and that I'd made such a stagger amount of posts that altogether constitutes around 20% TOTAL. That's an achievement I never thought was possible, but here I am, THE most 'talkative person on the forums, alongside my partner Phantom, my great friends in Dragonstrike, Spiritmon, and Iron! Hopefully, we'll have much more to say and offer to the forums in the future present to come, and its nothing but good for it too!

Fun Fact: If you add up the % of TOTAL Forum posts from me, Phantom, Dragonstrike, Iron, and Spiritmon, we all make roughly 81.6% of the TOTAL posts! Yikes, we sure are verbose!

Cody, I don't know if this means anything to you or not, but I want to say that I'm proud of what you've accomplished, and the multitude of great things you've done for not just Uranium or the community, but the all the lives connected to both as a whole. Very few people have managed to do what you have done (nor in such a short amount of time, no less!), as you not only salvaged the huge mess that was the Big N imploding the original game, but helped build it back up so that it'd become even BIGGER and GREATER. You've kept stroking the flames of passion and interest in a fan game that by all rights should have died an ignoble death, and through that monumental effort you've changed the lives of many, most (if not all of them) for the better. I personally know you've certainly are indirectly responsible for myself making so many friends here, and me finding my OTP with Phantom dearest (Yes, I AM going to give you some credit for it, so there Tongue ), so major kudos for that alone mate!

So thank you Cody. Thank you for making this and that all possible. Nobody else could do what you've achieved, or would have done a FAR inferior job if they tried.

Thank you too, @Polaris and @Iron! You two have certainly done your parts in keeping these forums afloat, particularly our favorite Geodude DM, as if it wasn't for you and the Pokerole game you've set up, I'd probably had drifted away entirely after the vast majority of my interest in the base game was snuffed out! Inspired me to take an greater interest in more social hobbies too, and really got me thinking about my future career option and health too, so you deserve my deepest gratitude as well! Polaris....we've not really interacted much, but I'd like to think we're at least passing acquaintances, so I'm certainly happy for all you've done as well!

And......that's all I have to say for now! May the Uranium community continue to endure and its powerful, transformative output, just like its nameshake element! Cheers, to the years that have gone by, and the many more to come!!!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(09-09-2018, 02:53 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Regardless, though, it's been an absolute pleasure to be a part of this community, even if it is only a smaller part of Uranium's community as a whole.  I'm still looking forward to when I'll be an active part of something other than the roleplay section.  Just need that battle sim to be finished, and then I can really get back into the meat of helping to flesh out the competitive aspects of the game however I can!  Guide writing, tournaments, helping with the UCC Discord...it's going to be great when that all finally kicks off, and I'll be here to make absolutely sure everyone here knows when it does (and maybe on the subreddit, too).  (and I'm choosing to remain optimistic that it will!  If we believe hard enough, it'll happen eventually, right?  Right?)

I appreciate that you worked with me as well on that tough topic as well, Cody.  I really appreciated that you handled it the way you did, and even went above and beyond to give me more than I was expecting.  You deserve just as much credit for that ending on a positive note.

Honestly, I never expected to be such an active member of this community for so long.  I was expecting to write a few guides, and then spend most of my time lurking when I ran out of guides to write, and eventually stop visiting altogether when that interest started to wane.  But I've gotten so much more than I was expecting from joining these forums, and I'm very much looking forward to continuing to be an active member of this community in any number of ways.  So cheers to another year, and many more to come!

Share the same exact sentiments with you, mate, though I'm not too certain on just how much I can really do for the competitive community. I kinda feel like my time has passed for that sort of stuff, or that I won't be able to do any significant good in shaping the Comp. Scene + until it becomes less volatile/more set in stone(And the Base Game is fully completed, for the most part), so that's always been a worry that's been nawing away at me...

Not entirely sure about the mention of that tough topic, or the deals made about it, but I'll reserve those opinions to myself.

It sure does creep on you, these quality forum communities, eh mate? Well, nothing else to it then, but to keep on chugging along on the Uranium Express! Toot toot!

(09-09-2018, 03:42 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Dear heaven, Cody, stop making me smile when reading what you wrote up here :o

*Pulls them into their laps as they ensnare them, and whispers sweet nothings into their ears as they their partner's loving company...*

Hehehehe…well spoken, Phantom. The Uranium Forums was the common ground we met upon, and whether by coincidence or designs beyond our keen, it helped foster the magnificent partnership we now have. Honestly, I dread to think of the possibilities where we never became so close, or how on tiny thing could have altered things between us drastically.....so I won't! Let's just.....[i]enjoy [/i]what we've managed to create together, my dearest and darling little specter...~

*Reaches to the side, and tugs on a braided rope, causing a soundproofed curtain to drop from above, completely obscuring the OTP from prying eyes....*

Oh, and marvelous job on your artwork as always! Shame I don't have any talent or skill towards that, as I'd draw you several wonderous pictures myself to repay you with more than just the well deserved praise!

(09-09-2018, 06:59 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: Even though I've not been as active here as of late, the forum will always have a special place in my heart for all the friendships I've made here, all the fun times we've had... sprites and fanfic, trades and shinies, and who can forget our rampant (and sometimes wildly off-topic) roleplaying across the threads (you just wait @Lord Windos, I'll defend those cookies yet!).  Here's to many more years of Uranium, this forum, and all the staff, members, and fans who work so hard to keep it alive!  Heart

*Steals the cookies while you're busy (rightfully) gushing over Phantom Uranyeevee Pic*

Hmm? I'm sorry, what was that you were saying? Can't quite understand the point you were trying to make, really....  Wink 

*Let's out a dastardly laugh, before vanishing unmolested/uncaught into the aether*
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Thank you Windos, I am truly touched. I'm happy to be here.

Save Backups:

(09-09-2018, 09:15 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 06:59 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: Even though I've not been as active here as of late, the forum will always have a special place in my heart for all the friendships I've made here, all the fun times we've had... sprites and fanfic, trades and shinies, and who can forget our rampant (and sometimes wildly off-topic) roleplaying across the threads (you just wait @Lord Windos, I'll defend those cookies yet!).  Here's to many more years of Uranium, this forum, and all the staff, members, and fans who work so hard to keep it alive!  Heart

*Steals the cookies while you're busy (rightfully) gushing over Phantom Uranyeevee Pic*

Hmm? I'm sorry, what was that you were saying? Can't quite understand the point you were trying to make, really....  Wink 

*Let's out a dastardly laugh, before vanishing unmolested/uncaught into the aether*

*Takes a long deep breath*  Y O U...!  Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

GET BACK HERE WITH THOSE, THOSE COOKIES WERE FOR THE ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION!!  Angry

*Summons Hoopa and a... rather unusual-looking pink lion... and takes off in pursuit*