Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poke Radar: Better to Run or Ride it Out?
Question 
When you start the chain with the wrong Pokemon, does either of these methods have drawbacks?

You could ride it out and hope for a shiny I guess. Most chains break at the 2 or 3 point for me anyway.

I'm currently trying to hunt a HA Eevee on Route 13 and really don't need another Shiny Tanscure.

I actually have yet to encounter a single Eevee in several hours by using Radar. Yes, I learned quickly to avoid the red grass for the First encounter if I'm hoping for a normal spawn.
If you're looking for a specific pokemon and aren't looking for a shiny of whatever you find instead of your target, it's waaaaaayyyy better to just run. You need to start a new chain anyways to find your target, so if you don't want to chain whatever you found instead, don't.

The only real 'drawback' to 'riding it out' is that it can take ages to reach a point where the odds of finding a shiny are decent.

Eevee and Duplicat are the rarest pokemon on Route 13 as well, each with a 5% encounter rate.  It'll probably take awhile to start a chain with them if you aren't incredibly lucky.