Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gender-pokémon-level combo checking in the GTS
If there are restrictions in the GTS for depositing a Pokémon, or selecting a Pokémon you want to receive, people are getting around it. I've seen people ask for non-genderless Cometeor and S51 in the GTS, a similar problem to what plagues Gen 7 in the official games (I'm looking at you, people who want male Ditto!) so I think it'd be nice if it checks what you want to receive/send and goes "No! Illegal combo!" It'd be nice if it also checked if it was obtainable at the level you want it at in-game and denies it if under the limit (so only unevolved/standalone breedable Pokémon have no level restriction), such as disallowing the requesting of / trade of any Urayne under level 50. 'Mons that can be found much later in the wild than they can be obtained would be evolvables, such as Cometeor being only found at Victory Road, but since the evolve level for Comite is 25, that would be the minimum level cap for such a trade to be allowed. Examples of impossible combos below:

[Image: MUH9OR.jpg][Image: DCHdt6.jpg][Image: M7m8Th.jpg][Image: aPO7Ko.jpg][Image: XhAjxm.jpg]
Huh......this idea sounds so reasonable and good, I'm surprised it hasn't been fully implemented yet in the GTS! Maybe because it take a lot of time and debugging to make sure the restriction system worked alright and as intended? Don't know, but I do hope that this suggestions gets taken into consideration in the future!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
I always get a strong urge to facepalm when seeing someone asking for a Pokemon that just CANNOT exist without hacking for it (this does not mean that I'd support that however, nope!), wonder whether they ask for such things by accident or due to being unaware. I could imagine both actually...
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
。・:*:・゚’★❤[Image: fkAEH]。・:*:・゚’★❤
At the least have the game say something along the lines of "The Pokemon you are requesting is unobtainable, are you sure you want to chose this?" Defaulted to no.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
(10-20-2018, 12:00 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: At the least have the game say something along the lines of "The Pokemon you are requesting is unobtainable, are you sure you want to chose this?" Defaulted to no.

That'd actually be quite a good idea as it'd outright prevent these requests for unobtainable Pokemon and help those poor souls that are indeed unaware that they're asking for something impossible, but me also feels that this would require lots of programming as the AI would have to recognize a request as 'impossible' in the first place to trigger the message. I indeed wonder why that's not a thing in the GTS of the Official Games however as Gamefreak should be capable of adding such a thing... Oh well. *shrugs it off*
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(10-20-2018, 01:44 PM)Ph antomUnderYourDesk Wrote: I indeed wonder why that's not a thing in the GTS of the Official Games however as Gamefreak should be capable of adding such a thing... Oh well. *shrugs it off*

We can only hope that Pokémon Switch will go for such a thing.
(10-20-2018, 04:01 PM)AgentParadox Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 01:44 PM)Ph antomUnderYourDesk Wrote: I indeed wonder why that's not a thing in the GTS of the Official Games however as Gamefreak should be capable of adding such a thing... Oh well. *shrugs it off*

We can only hope that Pokémon Switch will go for such a thing.

If it does, let me know as I don't even have a Switch and do not plan to get one.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Old post I know, but updates are nice.

Pokémon Sword and Shield do not yet have a GTS equivalent. It'll be Pokémon Home, but that's scheduled for release sometime next year. So currently, we don't know.