Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rate my team
Hello again!
Well, I think I’m joining the competitive, and since I’m too lazy to breed IVs I’m using my story team, and while I think it’s decent I wanted to ask about it:

[Seikamater]
.png   F8C6022D-B4D1-488E-BA5E-B6C623885B0D.png (Size: 1.7 KB / Downloads: 113)
Ability: Elementalist
Moves:
Quiver Dance
Flamethrower
Surf
Thunderbolt
Item: Leftovers

[Tracton]
.png   3F3D66CF-3A56-47CA-A731-BCA7F9E58F83.png (Size: 1.22 KB / Downloads: 110)
Ability: Speed Boost
Moves:
Shift Gear
Dragon Claw
Iron Head
Dig (don’t ask)
Item: Life Orb

[Archilles]
.png   C79094BE-1F37-4F2D-8F3C-E11DEA06E497.png (Size: 1.59 KB / Downloads: 110)
Ability: Flame Body (Drought)
Moves:
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
Extreme Speed
Flame Impact
Item: Archillesite

[Stenowatt]
.png   8C6D9099-4391-4D66-A9A9-203F6287BFAB.png (Size: 1.12 KB / Downloads: 111)
Ability: Speed Boost (Oh yeah)
Moves:
Tail Glow (Here it comes)
Electro Ball
Flamethrower
Batton Pass (Initiating massacre.exe...)
Item: Focus Sash

[S51-A]
.png   F08B61C8-5838-4426-A71B-63F0DA69541E.png (Size: 1.3 KB / Downloads: 111)  (Massacre.exe initiated)
Ability: Levitate (Mega Launcher)
Moves:
Psychic
Flash Cannon
Láser Pulse
Recover
Item: U.F.O.

[Nuclear Gellin] (No attachment for you, sorry buddy)
Ability: Clorophyl
Moves:
Radioacid
Solar Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover (Don’t ask me what’s this doing here, neither I know the answer)

And that’s it, any suggestions (Besides Dig and Recover) that could be changed?
Oh my....well, this is certainly a hyper offensive team if I ever saw one. Almost every Pokemon has some way to boost their Speed or are increadibly fast, and you even have a bit of Baton Pass thing going with Stenowatts to power up everyone bar Archilles and Tracton (and even they appreciate the Speed Boost). If your intent was to hit fast and so hard that nobody is left standing, you've certainly crafted a team to do just that!

Their are a whole heap of problems with your team, though. First and foremost is the fact that bar Sieka and Non-Mega S-51 A, every single one of your Pokemon are weak to Ground Moves. If you've played competitive, I don't think I need to tell you how horrendously bad that is, but to be clear, Ground is the most powerful and common offensive Move type in the games with Earthquake being so gosh darn useful and drawback free, so having a whole team that is weak to it.....well, they'll break like glass.

Another problem is the fact that you don't have that much of a balance between Physical and Special Sweepers in you team, and that none of them are THAT powerful without setup. Tracton and Stenowatt can get steamrolled if they are up against targets that beat them on the track, and even if they do get a buff off Priority and/or Burn/Toxic can still do a nasty job or killing/crippling them. Sieka is just slow without either a BP or a couple of Quiver Dances, meaning she'll get crippled easily while she sets up, and while N-Gellin can be a powerful force to be recognized with in the Sun, outside of it he's set-up bait himself or just easily nuked, ironically. And given that there are several powerful Weather Ability Pokemon in the game, two of which includes the Thunder spamming Yatagaryu and Elextrux......

Another another problem is that half your team is horribly weak to Hazards, and you have zero ways of removing or mitigating them atm. SR in particular wrecks everyone but S-51 A and Tracton, and one layer of Toxic Spikes or several layers of Spikes hobbles everyone else but S-51 A. On that note, you don't have access to Hazard support on your team either, which would do nothing but help you in scoring OHKOs with the chip damage they provide.

Finally, all your Pokemon sans Seika and S-51 A are fragile as a cheero. Any Pokemon faster than them will just make cream puffs out of the poor saps, and one Sticky Web or a coupious amounts of Paralysis can seal their doom just as well. Plus, with the likes of enemy Archilles, Inflagetahs, N-Jerbolta, and Gale Wings Harptera/Prankster Pokemon, it don't matter how fast your Pokemon are, they'll just be outspeed and destroyed anyway, or at least seriously banged up enough that the next foe they face will probably do them in.

That's my basic assessment of your team, mate: Hyper Offensive to a T, but incredibly fragile, prone to Hazards/Status, and highly reliant on set up. My basic recommendations would be to add Protect to Tracton (And Earthquake/Drill Run, ofc) and Stenowatt so that Speed Boost can do its job without issue, switch out Sieka for Harptera since they're a fast Phys Attack that don't need no set up to be good + can use Sticky Web/Defog, drop N-Gellin for Alpico so that they can counter Ground types + Dragon types much better while still having an insanely fast Pokemon, give Archilles Stealth Rocks (Drop Extreme Speed or Flame Impact) ,and simply turning S-51 A into a Rapid Spin Tank while leaving the sweeping to its other mates.

All those tweaks would at least patch up all the major weakness I pointed out without radically altering the team comp too much, and ultimately allow you to last much longer in the war torn din that is Pokemon Uranium Competitive. Well, when it isn't non-existent, anyway! Feel free to take my advice with a massive grain of salt, though, as I'm not particularly an expert on Comp and more than a little rusty with it by this point in time.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(12-06-2018, 03:12 PM)Oh, I see, I’ll probably change those things (I was struggling to find anything for Archilles and I didn’t know he learns stealth rock), and I guess Rapid Spin will do better than Recover, and honestly Nuclear Gellin can be a pain having five x4, the only thing I’m not sure is removing Seikamater, she’s basically my favorite Tandor Pokemon and it’d be a bit heart-breaking to remove her (anyways maybe a Seika-focused team would be a good option, I’ll consider it)The only thing I don’t understand is about Tracton, Stenowatt would obviously lose Flamethrower, but in order to add Earthquake/Drill Run AND protect what should i remove? Shift Gear and Dig?Anyways the guide has been very helpful, and I’ll surely cover the holes, thank you! Wrote: Oh my....well, this is certainly a hyper offensive team if I ever saw one. Almost every Pokemon has some way to boost their Speed or are increadibly fast, and you even have a bit of Baton Pass thing going with Stenowatts to power up everyone bar Archilles and Tracton (and even they appreciate the Speed Boost). If your intent was to hit fast and so hard that nobody is left standing, you've certainly crafted a team to do just that!

Their are a whole heap of problems with your team, though. First and foremost is the fact that bar Sieka and Non-Mega S-51 A, every single one of your Pokemon are weak to Ground Moves. If you've played competitive, I don't think I need to tell you how horrendously bad that is, but to be clear, Ground is the most powerful and common offensive Move type in the games with Earthquake being so gosh darn useful and drawback free, so having a whole team that is weak to it.....well, they'll break like glass.

Another problem is the fact that you don't have that much of a balance between Physical and Special Sweepers in you team, and that none of them are THAT powerful without setup. Tracton and Stenowatt can get steamrolled if they are up against targets that beat them on the track, and even if they do get a buff off Priority and/or Burn/Toxic can still do a nasty job or killing/crippling them.  Sieka is just slow without either a BP or a couple of Quiver Dances, meaning she'll get crippled easily while she sets up, and while N-Gellin can be a powerful force to be recognized with in the Sun, outside of it he's set-up bait himself or just easily nuked, ironically. And given that there are several powerful Weather Ability Pokemon in the game, two of which includes the Thunder spamming Yatagaryu and Elextrux......

Another another problem is that half your team is horribly weak to Hazards, and you have zero ways of removing or mitigating them atm. SR in particular wrecks everyone but S-51 A and Tracton, and one layer of Toxic Spikes or several layers of Spikes hobbles everyone else but S-51 A. On that note, you don't have access to Hazard support on your team either, which would do nothing but help you in scoring OHKOs with the chip damage they provide.

Finally, all your Pokemon sans Seika and S-51 A are fragile as a cheero. Any Pokemon faster than them will just make cream puffs out of the poor saps, and one Sticky Web or a coupious amounts of Paralysis can seal their doom just as well. Plus, with the likes of enemy Archilles, Inflagetahs, N-Jerbolta, and Gale Wings Harptera/Prankster Pokemon, it don't matter how fast your Pokemon are, they'll just be outspeed and destroyed anyway, or at least seriously banged up enough that the next foe they face will probably do them in.

That's my basic assessment of your team, mate: Hyper Offensive to a T, but incredibly fragile, prone to Hazards/Status, and highly reliant on set up. My basic recommendations would be to add Protect to Tracton (And Earthquake/Drill Run, ofc) and Stenowatt so that Speed Boost can do its job without issue, switch out Sieka for Harptera since they're a fast Phys Attack that don't need no set up to be good + can use Sticky Web/Defog, drop N-Gellin for Alpico so that they can counter Ground types + Dragon types much better while still having an insanely fast Pokemon, give Archilles Stealth Rocks (Drop Extreme Speed or Flame Impact) ,and simply turning S-51 A into a Rapid Spin Tank while leaving the sweeping to its other mates.

All those tweaks would at least patch up all the major weakness I pointed out without radically altering the team comp too much, and ultimately allow you to last much longer in the war torn din that is Pokemon Uranium Competitive. Well, when it isn't non-existent, anyway! Feel free to take my advice with a massive grain of salt, though, as I'm not particularly an expert on Comp and more than a little rusty with it by this point in time.
Turning S51-A into a Tank would involve keeping Recover on it, as having reliable recover beyond Leftovers is just a great thing. Still, if you prefer them just being a Bulky Attacker sans healing, I say that's an alright choice, if a bit not optimal for its typing/stats.

If you don't want to remove Sieka, then don't, but I'd say you probably want to remove either Stenowat or N-Gellin/Alpico for a fast Physical Attacker. My recommendation would be either Garlikid or Oblicorn, as the former is both a Legendary Grass type that can smash Rock and Dark types,while the latter can run Quick Feet + Toxic Orb to automatically become super fast and immune to all other forms of status, and has a terrific Typing + Movepool to trample its foes! Garlikid could even become a Mixed Physical/Special Attack , so Baton Passing Tail Glow + Speed Boost to it would not be a waste of the BP or its potential, so keep that in mind too!

Replace Dig with Earthquake, and either Shift Gear or Dragon Claw with Protect (Depending on preferance) on Tracton. Earthquake is just straight up the best Ground Move in the game besides Subduction (and that Move carries hefty penalties to its usage), while it doesn't necessarily need Shift Gear or Dragon Claw between Iron Head and EQ (Especially if you get a Fairy type on your team, like I recommended).

If you need another fast Hazard Setter, then either Astronite or Laissure are good choices. The astrological wayfarer has Sturdy and a bevy of support Moves to rock the enemy team right out of this world, while Laissure is one of the only Pokemon in the game with Spikes, has Dragon Tail for both phasing and/or racking up Hazard Damage, and with Moxie + Choice Scarf can become a real mean Revenge Killer/Mid to late game Sweeper. Heck, Moxie + Choice Scarf and Spikes/Earthquake/Rock Slide or Stone Mis - I mean Edge/Your Pick of Last Move allows it to be both a Hazard Setter and Sweeper, so long as you don't mind switching it out constantly to reset CS. Now THAT is some good role compression right there!

And.....that's all I have to add. Hope this supplementary advice helps you more, mate!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(12-05-2018, 01:52 AM)Sansvern Wrote: Hello again!
Well, I think I’m joining the competitive, and since I’m too lazy to breed IVs I’m using my story team, and while I think it’s decent I wanted to ask about it:
And that’s it, any suggestions (Besides Dig and Recover) that could be changed?

Hi there! I know I'm late to this but here are my thought on your team:

I totally get that you'd want to battle with Pokémon you've trained during a playthrough and grown attached to, but if you really want to get into competitive battles I can only advise you to breed for competitive Pokémon with optimal IVs and Nature, and egg moves if applicable. Breeding can be a bit tedious at first but trust me, it does get easier. If you're impatient though you can still trade for competitive Pokémon here on the forum or on the Discord servers. Breeders both here and on Discord will gladly give some of their comps if you ask nicely.
    There are two ways to battle in Uranium : via the Online lobby in any Pokémon center, or via the external Uranium Battle Simulator, also accessible from the same counter as the Lobby. Lobby is your regular battle, you fight with the 'mons on your team, period. It's quite unstable so the Simulator was created to fix the issue. On the sim you can either build your team Showdown-style, or import the Pokémon you want to battle with directly from your game to the sim.
    Either by importing mons on the sim, or by fighting via the Lobby, you'll want to own competitive mons on your save, I'm just mentionning it here. Pokémon are set to competitive by default when using the Teambuilder option on the sim. If you want more info on the sim and the pros and cons of either option feel free to ask.

Starting from here, I'll just assume you have access to competitive mons that you'll have bred or traded for, and that you're using the more stable option of importing a team from your game to the sim.

One thing that I'm noticing is that your team functions with a succession of mini-cores but has no synergy as a whole. Proof that it has no synergy is that your team is literally 6-0ed by Mega Inflagetah : no Pokémon on your team can stomach an Earthquake + Flame Impact. There are several routes you could take to improve the balance of your team :
  • You could focus on trying to effectively pass stat boosts with Stenowatt (do note that while Tail Glow is appealing, Steno can also learn Swords Dance and pass Attack boosts). Doing so would prompt you to look for bulky sweepers that can take a hit on the turn they're being sent in by Baton Pass, and that can potentially clean the game once boosted. Such sweepers include Mega Baariette, Fafninter, Mega Electruxo or Xenoqueen. You'd also want some form of hazard control to make sure Stenowatt's crucial Focus Sash doesn't break before it has a chance to pass boosts ; the most reliable of hazard removers available being S51-A.
  • You could try and build around Seikamater, people seem to like to use that mon but I feel it's deadweight in most of the teams I've encountered it. I'm not even sure how to start building around this one since it needs a lot of support to be played as a sweeper, and other Pokémon fill the role of a Sticky Web setter better than it could (Nimflora).
  • You could focus on the sun support provided by Mega Archilles. Mega Archilles and Chlorophyll users such as N-Gellin and/or Coatlith are a given. Add in a Jerbolta for its ability to Rapid Spin, set up Stealth Rock AND pivot out via Volt Switch or U-turn and you already have a solid base. This is what I'd personally do.
Here's what I could do to improve each of your sets individually :
If you need explanation on why this or that move, just ask. Also, it is what it is, just an improvement, my suggestions don't solve the synergy problem.