Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collaboration between Pokemon Uranium and Tuxemon
I recently made a thread on the Tuxemon forums about this, so I thought to make one here as well:

https://forum.tuxemon.org/thread.php?id=176

In a nutshell: I've been following a little project called Tuxemon for some time. It's an early FOSS monster fighting game similar to Pokemon, written in Python and using fully original content. After the news of Pokemon Uranium being taken down, the thought of a collaboration between the two projects soon sprung to mind: Both Tuxemon and Pokemon Uranium are games in the same genre and style, as well as using original characters and content. It does raise the question of whether using Tuxemon as a basis could make sense for a future version of Uranium.

I mostly see two benefits: First is that this would help in moving away from the Pokemon brand, which will remain problematic for obvious legal reasons. Second is that Tuxemon is open-source, and I for one find that much better than the proprietary RPG Maker. The downside is that the code and mechanics would have to be rewritten, and ultimately contributed to the Tuxemon engine... this would take some extra amount of work. Although I imagine it might not happen, I still found the idea worth putting up.
I highly, highly doubt that would ever happen. I actually hope it doesn't. I like Uranium being its own little world.
(10-14-2016, 07:54 AM)RayquazaLord Wrote: I highly, highly doubt that would ever happen. I actually hope it doesn't. I like Uranium being its own little world.

The genres are pretty different, yeah. I think Tuxemon is meant to be more of an engine ultimately, so it could support Uranium's unique mechanics just as easily. I also see it being written in Python as an advantage, over proprietary game engines which I always find a limitation.
(10-14-2016, 07:54 AM)RayquazaLord Wrote: I highly, highly doubt that would ever happen. I actually hope it doesn't. I like Uranium being its own little world.

Totally agree with its own little world, that's all I say.

And somehow I don't see the devs making effort to rewrite the whole game (Uranium), they have enough stuff to do with fixing bugs, making the game more safe and stable.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Agree with you on that, but its still nice to see that someone wants to work with Uranium to make a better experience for all~!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Last I heard from the devs, they have a LONG list of bugs they are going through. In addition to the Online Service they have to rewrite almost from scratch to ensure a future of Competitive Uranium. Between that and juggling new contents once in every while and/or events, mystery gifts, and whatnot... And then there's the fact that I'm pretty sure both the original and current devs have no intention of changing name or anything of the sort... So well, in a nutshell, I don't think it's gonna happen...
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord