Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Game Thread] Pokerole: Mount Coronet Mystery
Karen shakes the ninja's good arm with the settlement of the deal. Before doing anything else, she swaps Magneton's magnet for Metal Coat.
---
Quote:You don't ask whether the Berries are named after me or whether it's the other way round
(Considering Kee Berries don't normally appear in Johto, I'm gonna say it'd be highly unlikely that Karen would make that 'joke' to begin with.)
"Unova you say? Sounds vaguely familiar..." Ah. I think Jasmine said something about having attended a tournament there.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
And for Karen's 3rd encounter, she stops by the Trainer School, always good to get a refresher/easy battle.
Oh, Karen boots up TM55, and uses it on Shellos to have him learn Brine!
@PhantomUnderYourDesk
Before Kogeki however, he ask the mysterious trainer how he, if he is okay or if need help.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(06-19-2019, 09:34 AM)Mikaruge108 Wrote:

Not even appearing to swallow the obvious bad-joke-question last minute is earning Karen a good amount of sympathy points. He seems to be used to being asked THAT almost everytime he's giving someone his name, and everytime this happens, he hates it and feels an urge to make his Pokemon chase the respective person far away from him.

At the moment this Heterochromia-Girl is the only one that he keeps a calm and melodic voice towards. "Unova's not really close by this frozen city or Sinnoh in the first place, which, eh.... makes things even more weird? Whatever." He takes a deeeep sip of his hot drink, still tastes like heaven and will likely do so until there's nothing left of it. "What's your name then? The obviously oldest member *points to Ran* of your.....group? said something 'bout helping ya in whatever business that is. If it has a good chance to get behind WHY am here, and you actually WANT me around, I'm up for that."

That's when his expression darkens rather dangerously (not towards Karen but owards this whole misery he found himself in), it's true in some way that if someone or something messes with him or his Pokemon, he fires back adamantly or at least won't forget about things for a long time.

(06-18-2019, 06:39 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

Oh, that reaction from the middle-aged craftsman towards unflinchingly firering back in THAT language was simply priceless, Kee made sure to savour that as long as he can without outright awaking their temper once more. He shrugs rather indifferently then however, takes another sip from his hot beverage and answers in a much less aggressive voice, one that could even be called 'kind'. "Well.... Usually one can't guess from one's appearance how many languages a person speaks, can you? My uncle's bilingual, he was responsible for my care and parenting during my teenage years so I more naturally than intentionally picked up on speaking German fluently. Bealbeach City's also a tourist magnet by itself. ...It's helpful too that those who pioneered your fave genre of music hold their lyrics in that language." He gently pats a paticular patch saying 'KRAFTWERK' in digital-clock-like letters on his black shoulder bag full of various band patches - luckily, that bag AND his own electric guitar are unharmed by the latest events.

But, when Ran's coming to say even more things on his outfit, he's giving him an unamused expression again, his voice turning neutral BUT not unkind or loosing it's melodic tone. He kept himself neutral and kind too, so Kee's returning that. "If you don't like they way I dress already, then you should maybe see those that come to Roxie's Gym not to challenge her for a badge but to attend a concert of her - or, maybe even better, the ravers that come when I play and mix the records every now and then. Compared to them, I'm yet considered street-legal and functional."

Then, he's becoming somewhat personally offended in between the lines. "Using the term 'gay' as an insult is like the most disrespectful thing you can do towards these people, it's plain mean. I'm not one of them though just because this shirt, neither straight, I'm ace.... And repulsed. " There you have it! He doesn't seem to sport any issues about that trait of his if he can tell it to a man like Ran so naturally. Still he switches the topic fastly: "You haven't given me your name yet. Shall I stick with you people, that'd be..... well, good to know."

Minyan simply turns away in a condescending manner when Ran obviously warns them what may happen to him shall he try any tricks. Huuuuummmmpppfff, as if you can intimidate him, a noble and bold catbat descending from the toxic vampire belonging to a potent and experienced leader of a Poison Typ Gym!! Sorry old man or musical parrebt, you have to bring up a better arrtilery than THAT to impress him. Nice try!

As Rans's Chatot begins to sing that very melody, Kee just can't resist to give them a curious and almost fascinated look. "Your Chatot appears to have a liking for classical music, Bethooven's works. You trained them to do so probably by yourself, didn't you? Since my own exemplar does not feature such a trait."

(06-19-2019, 01:55 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Before Kogeki however, he ask the mysterious trainer how he, if he is okay or if need help.

This receives a pretty straight-forward reply: " 'Okay' is not what I am, but I'll get along - at least you and your others helped me free from that frigid cave, so while I'd STILL rather be somewherelse, I'm good." Minyan perks up at these words of his caretaker, as if to over-obviously and proudly remind him non-verbally that HE went and fetched these people - Kee notices that immediately and begins to scratch and stroke his own poisonous bat behind the ears. "I know, I know... I'd probably be an oversized icicle without you, Draven. But, if you wouldn't have returned, Roxie would have made my life a living hell." Minyan gives off a sound that is somewhere in between as cat's purr and a bat's screech, which Kee understands as an emphasized and smug 'I know~~'.

He savours the opportunity that this blue Sylveon is currently not with his Master to receive some praise and affection for solely himself.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
"Can you answer us a few questions? If you feel okay in do it?"
"The name's Karen."
(06-19-2019, 02:48 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: "The name's Karen."

This receives a melodic and kind "Pretty name." as a reply -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(06-19-2019, 02:48 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: "Can you answer us a few questions? If you feel okay in do it?"

- while this gets a more neutral and down-to-eart "Fine, fire them off if you like, I decide whether I answer them or not."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(@Dragonstrike, how many Encounters do I actually have left? Does walking around town to fetch some more proper = warmer clothing spend one or doesn't it? [He'd especially look for anything that fits him, anything that makes him look like a musician. There's actually nothingelse I would like to do at the moment as I was believing my chara does not come up that early, lolz.]

Do Training Sessions work the same way like in Iron's universe here?)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(06-19-2019, 03:22 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 02:48 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: "The name's Karen."

This receives a melodic and kind "Pretty name." as a reply -

(06-19-2019, 02:48 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: "Can you answer us a few questions? If you feel okay in do it?"

- while this gets a more neutral and down-to-eart "Fine, fire them off if you like, I decide whether I answer them or not."

(@Dragonstrike, how many Encounters do I actually have left? Does walking around town to fetch some more proper = warmer clothing spend one or doesn't it? [He'd especially look for anything that fits him, anything that makes him look like a musician. There's actually nothingelse I would like to do at the moment as I was believing my chara does not come up that early, lolz.]

Do Training Sessions work the same way like in Iron's universe here?)

"I promise to be quick as possible, I promise. First of all, who are you? And how did you get caged in that cavern?"
(06-19-2019, 02:36 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

*Flashback Continues!*

Concerning his conversation with Karen, Ran only has this to say offhandily: "We'll explain everything to ya in due time, lad. All you need to know now is that you're caught up in one hell of a mess, and I don't care if you decide to join in or not. If ya do, don't be half hearted about it."

More he hears from Kee, the more Randolph feelings about them get conflated, as he's beginning to strongly believe their equal part's hooligan and sassy intellectual. Whether or not that makes this colorful character all the more or less likable is something that still remains up in the air to him, which confuses and irritates him, seeing as he typically pretty quick to judge his fellow man/Pokemon and where he stood with them (often poorly disposed against them, but that's besides the point). Still, they haven't done nor said anything so far that would warrant his automatic loathing or seething anger, so for now he continues to treat them with candid neutrality.

"Fair enough, lad, fair enough. Hardly ever meet with anyone that can understand me ethnic language, much less speak it fluently, and even less from a youngster. *Nods to himself* Being taught by family is a good explanation as any, though. Nice, too, since it's always a pleasant surprise to share with a complete stranger. Make talking with them easier, especially in our case, *Chuckles*."

"*Raises eyebrow* Bealbeach? That place is farther away that even Unova from here, and far from that region too. You're a real globe trotter, I take it?"

The midget man takes notice of the man's bag, and between the subtle hint they've dropped and the decoratory patch on it, quickly cottons on that the sour dandy was a musician, causing both his eyebrows to rocket towards his hairline once more as he let out an 'Ah', before closing his eyes briefly to sagely nod his head.

"You're a musician yourself, aren't ya lad? Hmm.....probably some sort of rock, pop, or punk style star, if I had to take a guess. Would explain the way you're dressed nicely, 'cause music Performers of any kind these days like to dress silly and outlandishly as possible to better express themselves, or create some larger than life persona for the fans or themselves. *Shakes head* Don't see the point of it, but I guess that matter not a lick to you, eh?"

He raises another eyebrow when they turn a bit frostier to him after he expresses his full opinion on their get-up, frowning a bit to himself but in the end just......shrugging it off with an air of nonchalance.

"I don't really give half a Berry bushel about your taste in fashion, Kee. You could dress up in a pokadot tuxedo wearing a garter stockings and jack heel boots, and I still wouldn't care. Just 'cause I don't care mean I can't have an opinion, though, nor that I should keep it to myself like some timid weak Willed fool with too much sensibility for others. I say you look like a Dandy designed by hippie hipster 'cause I think that is exactly what I believe I see with me own eyes, that I'm not afraid to tell that to ya face, and that I won't spare your feelings over it. That's all there is to it. If you want me to care, then make me."

At their modest outrage of his use of terminology to describe them, the bristly blacksmith rolls his eyes and waves them off dismissively.

"Oh, so you're one of those sorts of people too. The ones that hold 'Political Correctness' and 'Politeness' lie their paramount goddesses, and get bent out of shape like a pierce of scarp metal warped by heat at the slightest provocation against them, right? Well let me just say that I don't give a Rattata's festering arsehole about any of that crap. What does it matter I call people of that sexual orientation? Gay, fag, queer, dyke, pile drivers, the most fabulous of people, anti-magnets, homo, homosexual - whatever you call it, it still describes men and women like having a good time with their own gender rather than the norm. Making a fuss about what them people are called creates more problems for them than just hiding what they are behind 'nice language' , which is exactly what happened with us. If what I call things, people, or Pokemon offends you, then I heartily tell ya to either suck it up or not talk to me. Got it? Oh, and I don't care or mind your own orientation at all, and the name's Randolph. That too."

Womphf......that is some pretty contentious belief you hold there, Randolph. And a bit hypocritical too, given how you reacted to Kogeki's nickname. Least he's not racist or anti-non straight people at the heart of things?

Ran continues to eye the arrogant brat of Pokemon with undisguised contempt, before he growls and looks away in disgust. "You've been warned, cat bat. Mess with me or my own, and you'll pay for it out of your hide."

Fortunately for everyone, the growing sense of animosity between him and the poisonous little vampire was broken when Kee brought up his best bird bro's own musical talent, causing him to pause for a moment before smiling and shake his head.

"That he does, lad, as do I. And nope, didn't teach him or have anyone do that. He just learned to 'record' and sing on his own, though he only bothers doing that with music he likes. We share the same tastes for the most part, though, so that's hardly a bother for either of us. Also knows how to communicate in our language too, though only by parroting phrases he's heard before to fit the situation he sees. My buddy's pretty smart, innit he?"

Beethoven pauses in his singing to preen a bit the praise he's receiving, spouting out the line 'Indeed, good sir!' and a comical British accent before resuming his music making with an entirely different work of his nameshake. That's one talented birdy, alright!

"Hmm....and you own a Chatot yourself, Kee? Hah, another thing we have in common, and a good one at that! What's your own birdy's talents, if ya don't mind me asking? Already told you mine, though, so fair's fair I think."

*Flashback End...for now*
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650