Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Game Thread] Pokerole: Mount Coronet Mystery
(06-20-2019, 08:41 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

Vicky simply shakes her head.

"Afraid I've got a Gligar I need to evolve, so I'm definitely not parting with that Razor Fang unless I'm trading Gligar as well, and I'm not going to be trading him for just anything.  I was honestly hoping to give him that Rocky Helmet after he evolved, too, and you don't want to know what kind of trouble I had to go through to get it, but...MAYBE I could be convinced to part with the helmet if you can beat me in a fight.  I'm always looking for opportunities to train, after all.  'Course, if ya lose, I'll get something from you instead.  How's that sound?"

Yeah, part of this encounter's difficulty also involves how easy it is to conduct the trade.  More difficult encounters means the terms of the trade are probably going to have to be more complex than a simple 'I can sell it for this much'.
(06-20-2019, 08:59 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

(Strange way to do trades, but not a bad by any means. This sorta degrades the value of Wealth in favor of challenge/competency, but again, that's not a bad thing either)

Ran deadpans at the reveal that Vicky had a Gligar she was willing to invest that Razor Fang into, sparing her none of his reaction this time.

".....Then why did ya bring it up in the first place, lass? Got my hopes up, and then sent them crashing like like the Hindenburg, that you did. *Shakes head* No, I'm not interested in a Gligar or Gliscor. If I had a Toxic Orb and it had its Hidden Ability, maybe I would, but I don't have to former and don't know if your bat has the later, so its a bum deal for me either way."

He looks thoughtful as she proposed the counter offer, before simply asking ".....What would you be interested in? I've already told ya what I'm willing to give away, so if it ain't any of that, then we're both out of luck. Willing to fight ya regardless, though. Need to train my partners like you, if I don't want them and me ending up pulped by the critters in the Temple or on the job."
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(06-20-2019, 09:17 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

(Wealth still has a place, though.  A (6) for rarity and a (1) for difficulty would be the opposite end of the spectrum, after all)

"...you asked if I had one, didn't you?  And no, he doesn't have his Hidden Ability.  I'm not THAT lucky, unfortunately.  Don't have many pokemon with unusual Abilities in the first place.  Gliscor's still a pretty solid pokemon without it, though."

Vicky thinks for a moment before responding with what she's like Randolph to wager.

"...that Avalanche TM you mentioned sounds miiigggghty useful, thinking about it.  Think I might have a pokemon or two that are able to learn it.  How 'bout a quick 2v2 doubles to decide this?  No items besides what our pokemon have, obviously.  Want to keep things fair, after all."
(06-20-2019, 09:35 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

(Good point! Thanks for bringing that up!)

".....Touche, lass. If ya have something your not willing to give up without a steep price attached to it, though, then it be best to disclose all the details before you bring it up, or keep mum about it. Otherwise, you'll disappoint who ya trading with, or worse, make them nice and mad. *Shrugs*  But that's only me opinion. Ignore it if that suits your fancy."

"*Nods* Figured as much. No many are so fortunate to get a Pokemon with its Hidden Ability, outside of figuring out the arcane process to unlock it themselves, or buying a 'Mon from some grade A breeder for a downright gorgeous penny. Least, that's what I've heard. Maybe if ya work hard enough with your Gligar, he'll figure out how to tap his secret potential."

It doesn't take long for the bristly blacksmith to agree to the terms of battle, offering the talent trainer a handshake to seal the deal.

"That sounds cracking, Vicky. Now, let's find somewhere we can have our row without disturbing anything or one. Last thing we need is trashing the dock and getting custom on our buts."

Ran's choice of Pokemon for this battle will be Beethoven and Diam, the former of which gets a quick pat on the head and "Go gettem, buddy," before motioning for them to take their place beside the gemlin, while the later started crackling the moment she was released, rubbing her hands together gleefully at the prospect of messing with such a wee little girl! Oh, she gets to fight you another young lass today? Well, ho-bloody-ray, we he he.....!

(Ready to start when you are, mate!)
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

(06-20-2019, 09:55 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

Vicky shrugs. "Wasn't expecting to be needled with a trade request as soon as I stepped off my boat. Cut me a little slack."

Vicky promptly accepts that handshake, though!  In the world of pokemon training, it doesn't matter how young or old you are so long as you're being a good sport!

"Then we have ourselves a wager.  Let's get crackin'."

-------------------------------------------------

The battlefield just outside the Pokemon Center will do just nicely for this battle.

Vicky tosses out her two pokemon, and snaps her fingers as they burst open!

And the two pokemon she sends out are...

[Image: latest?cb=20160816120422][Image: latest?cb=20160930183618]

...two pokemon that Randolph definitely doesn't recognize.  Fortunately, their trainer calls them out by name soon afterwards.

"Drilgann, Felunge, let's go!  We've got a TM on the line!  And I think it's one you might like, Drilgann!"

Drilgann doesn't seem to react much beyond scraping the ground as it prepares to fight, but that definitely looks like one mean kitty that's 100% eager for battle!

VS Tandorian Trainer: Battle! VS Trainer - Pokemon Uranium

VS Vicky Initiatives
Felunge: (6) + 10 = 16
Beethoven: (3) + 11 = 14
Drilgann: (4) + 8 = 12
Diam: (4) + 7 = 11

Felunge's Intimidate activates!  -1 Strength for Beethoven and Diam!

The current Weather is Diamond Dust (no effect on the battlefield).
(06-20-2019, 10:29 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Ran resists the urge to roll his eyes at her flippant and foolish comment - you should always be prepared for anything, lass! - and just settled for nodding his head. No need to aggrevate his soon to be opponent now; she'll be getting plenty riled up in their upcoming battle!

-----

The bristly blacksmith eyes both of the mostly unknown Pokemon critically soon after Vicky summoned them, working his grey matter as he tried to glen as much information on the duo of foreign fauna as possible.

'The Felunge over there looks like a Normal Type, while that Drilgann is definitely some sort of Ground Type. Kitty cat's likely to target Beethoven and leave their mole partner to handle Diam, but I can't count on that - Normal Types always have plenty of options to exploit, and Ground types are know for having Rock type Moves to pick off Fliers. Hmm.....'

He thinks over his plan for a few more seconds, before nodding to himself and started barking out Orders!

"Beethoven, get behind Diam and start scheming, then let your opponent hear you sing! Diam, do EVERYTHING you can to protect our buddy, and be prepared to dish out some good o' retribution if they try to get past ya! Blitzkrieg them, partners!"

Orders: Beethoven will hide behind Diam for the Fight and use Nasty Plot, then go all out with BOOMBURST, and then Hyper Voice. Diam will Mega Evolve as soon as the Round actualy starts to give Vicky little chance tor preemptively react to it, use a Conditional Will Point Detect to provide additional protection to herself/Bee. (Mainly Bee.), then use Metal Burst if hurt before it uses it or Confuse Ray on Felunge if not, then either Night Shade or Metal Burst (depending on the 2nd Action). Time for Vickey to experience a classic: EAR RINGING NOSE!

Moves:

Nasty Plot
Accuracy: 9D6 Base - 2 Actions = 7D6 Base Dice
Effect: + 2 Special Attack!

BOOMBURST!
Accuracy: 11D6 Base - 4 Actions = 7D6 Base Dice
Damage: STR (5 or *7) + 6 + STAB + Silk Scarf = 13/15D6 Base Damage
Effect: AoE Move, which Diam is completely unaffected by due to being a Ghost!

Hyper Voice
Accuracy: 5D6 Base Dice
Damage: 12/10D6 Damage
Effect: Spread Move!

Detect
Accuracy: Insight (*5) + Survival (3) + Alert (2) - 2 Actions = 8D6 Dice
Effect: Has Priority 5, and Shield Move!

Metal Burst
Accuracy: 7D7 Base - 4 Actions = 3D6 Base Dice (or 1D6 if used last)
Effect: Counter Move!

Confuse Ray
Accuracy: Same as Metal Burst
Effect: Confusion!

Night Shade
Accuracy: 1D6
Damage: 3D6 Dice
Effect: Ignores Target's Defense/Special Defense

(06-20-2019, 07:39 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: (2) Common stuff
(5) Hard
Teacher Jolene is showing off battling techniques to her students.  If she can find a tougher opponent, she can show off some more advanced techniques.
Karen approaches the teacher that seems to be in charge of the battling lessons. "'Scuse me, ma'am, but it looks like you could use some help with your lesson. Mind if I help ya out?"
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
"Hmm...I see." Kogeki simple said. "One last question: Those Snover seems odd of the attack. Is there someone who hold a grudge against ya, or a reason to attack you?"

"Thank you for your time and patience. If you have questions or need help, just ask me or my companions. Or wait until Professor Rowan comes to let him explain the details about everything and let him land a hand."

"And sorry if our first encounter was not the best. As you probably guess, I have a few problems with the social thing. Be a ninja make people nervous to say the least."

He then stand up of the chair. "You looks like a good, so I hope there isn't bad blood between okay? We all can share one story or another. Feel free to enter in contact if you need." Kogeki left a piece of paper in the table with his number. How did he-

"Randolph. Karen. Rowan might take a while to come, we better take our time to battle and prepare. And to know each other."

When coming to the School, Kogeki decided to challenge the Ace Trainer Alexis. If he need to get stronger, he must fight against the stronger. He challenge her for a double battle.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(06-21-2019, 09:28 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: (...)"Hmm...I see." Kogeki simple said. "One last question: Those Snover seems odd of the attack. Is there someone who hold a grudge against ya, or a reason to attack you?"(...)

This receives a pretty fast and straight-forward reply, one that sounds like Kee's pretty certain about what he's saying. "Nope, not that I know of. These Snover were likely just a more agressive pack than the other and we seemed like an easy target for them. Didn't gave the impression to be trained for targeting us directly or following an unknown order."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(06-20-2019, 07:27 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: (...)"Mercury's a living clock and stopwatch? *Whistles* Not bad, especially for a musician like ya. Guess we both got some of the brightest birds around! *Nods* Wouldn't mind a bit introducing our Chatot to each other, lad. Maybe they'll share their secrets with each other, if they hit it off well enough!"(...)

How dear to see that Bethooven wasn't afraid at all of him/took seeds directly from his hand even! He didn't dare to gently stroke Ran's bird like he usually does with his own exemplar, knowing that this might be taking as intrusive - Chatot, while being very intelligent, can be just as proud and adverse if offended.

"Sure, if we do end up findin' tha time among all this mess and trouble ahead, we certainly can let out Chatot familiarize with each other and see how thing d'veleop." All that is said in a tone that delivers the impression that he's looking silently forward to that.

He changes topic then, feeling an urge to bring up something that's on his mind before it everyone's leaving to follow their own business again. It's adressed more to everyone than to anyone directly. "Sooooo... Does anyone of you actually have plans to visit this strange temple in town at some point? I'm not the biggest fan of taking on Gym Leaders, but you all look like you are - mind if I'd stick around when you venture into this place? Making good use of the situation, you see."

(Depends on when you're planning to visit the temple, Windos and @Mikaruge108? It doesn't matter to me when per se, in case you deny I can always go and challenge Candice myself despite I would rather explore places than fight Gym Leaders)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(06-20-2019, 08:05 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: (...)Well, first of all, let me clarify that everyone's pokemon are fully healed by the end of that introductory conversation.  And yes, Octavia does indeed come running up to Kee excitedly as soon as she sees him walking up to the Pokemon Center's counter (much to Draven's displeasure).  Healing machines are wonderful things, aren't they?(...)

Oh, THAT was fast, somehow Kee doesn't manage to shake off the thought that the current Nurse Joy in duty simply did this to get rid of him as fast as possible. (¬_¬ ) He feels SO threathened to give her another unamused look from the side, but as if the Faeeveelution has picked up on that, she immediately greets him by crashing into him full-heartedly and therefor almost knocking him to the ground. "Octavia, I told you to be please not be that fierce with your affection.... But yes, I'm delighted to see you up and about again too." Once she has cherished and savoured the strokes she receives from her much beloved and only-one caretaker, she wraps her sparkling ribbons around one of Kee's arms to join and follow wherever he is about to go. Draven's staying out either way, even takes it as the blue feline companion as she offers the tip of another ribbon for him to shake - he may appear envious and dismissive towards her for snatching all the attention and care from Kee, but deep down he knows that he does not favour one over the other - she's just more showing and open with her liking for Master, while he prefers to enjoy it in silence and use it to foster his ego.

What a nice and fitting name for a bar, and a darker atmosphere is kinda what he'd have looked out for - they are usually the best ones, aren't as crowded like the mainstream-ones and play the better music in his view. If Pokemon are allowed inside, Octavia and Draven stay out per default and take a seat at the counter by their Master.

She is also the first one to react to that Roughneck over-obviously up to mess with the small group, immediately and intuitively hissing at him which causes Kee to to abstain from his desire to simply ignore that guy completely. Giving a gentle stroke for his Sylveon, he simultaneously gives that Roughneck a sharp and unimpressed look as he doesn not flinch away an inch from them. "Pointless question there buddy, because since when is it not allowed to attend a bar for one or two drinks? *cue sarcastic tone of voice* If this is your turf, then I am soooooo sorry for having overseen the sign by the door that says so, maybe you should go outside and fix it instead of throwing questions at me which's answer you're probably only interested to have to use 'em against me."

(Ohhh, that's how free Encounters work here? Cool, I like that! Will keep it in mind.)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
VS Vicky Round 1

Detect 1
(6)(4)(1)(1)(4)(6)(2)(2)
Diam protects herself!

Vicky's pokemon spend their first set of actions setting up as well!

Hone Claws 1
1 Spe + 3 Fight + 3 Brawl - 2 Act = 5 D6
(6)(2)(1)(3)(3)
+1 Strength and Accuracy for Felunge!

Beethoven starts scheming from the relative safety of being behind Diam.

Nasty Plot 1
(5)(5)(1)(1)(4)(3)(2)
+2 Special for Beethoven!

Sandstorm 1
3 Spe + 3 Sur + 1 Nature - 2 = 5
(2)(4)(2)(1)(2)
A Sandstorm brewed!  Drilgann looks like it's a lot faster now, too! +2 Dex (it shouldn't be weaker than Chlorophyll and Swift Swim, imo, even if it does give you an immunity to Sandstorm damage)

Everybody's set up now, so now the damage starts flying!  Starting with Felunge!

Beethoven is the same size as Diam but has a giant gemstone to hide behind and dodge around, and he's faster than Felunge is.  However, he is trying to hide from a melee attack instead of a ranged one, so he'll only get the -2 reduction from Half Cover instead of a -3 from Full Cover.

Slash 2
4 + 3 + 3 + 1 - 4 = 7 D6
(5)(3)(2)(5)(3)(3)(4)
4* + 3 + STAB - 2 - 2 = 4 D6
(1)(2)(5)(4) Beethoven takes 2 damage! 4/6 HP -1 Pain
Diam is immune to Normal type damage.

Even in this sandstorm, Beethoven's still faster than that mole! (5 Dex versus 4*).  And he makes sure that everyone knows it!

B O O M B U R S T ! ! ! 2
(6)(3)(2)(2)(5)(6)(1)
Felunge has 3 Sp Def, Drilgann has 4
(6)(3)(2)(1)(5)(6)(4)(5)(4)(6)(1), (1)
Felunge takes 6 damage! 2/8 HP -2 Pain
Drilgann takes 6 damage! 5/11 HP -2 Pain
It doesn't affect Diam...

Drilgann tries to strike both of its foes at once!  Beethoven cowers behind Diam, getting the benefit of full cover for this ranged attack!

Rock Slide 2
4* + 4 + 2 - 1 - 2 - 4 = 3 D6
(5)(1)(3)
3 + 3 - 5 = 1 D6 + 1
(4)
Diam takes 1 damage! 7/8 HP
Beethoven takes 2 damage! 2/6 HP -2 Pain
(3)(1)(4)
(3)(5)(5)

Diam retaliates!  KABOOM!

Metal Burst 2
(3)(6)(4)
(6)(4)(6) Drilgann takes 3 damage! 2/11 HP -2 Pain

Feint Attack 3
10 + 1 - 2 - 6 = 3 D6
(5)(2)(4)
2 + 4* - 2 - 2 Cover = 2 D6
(3)(2) Beethoven takes 0 damage.
(1)(3) Diam takes no damage as well!

Time for the birdy to end this with a good ol' yell!  Unlike Diam, Pain doesn't bother him at all during battle! (and Diam absolutely loathes the fact that she's able to be robbed of her third action so easily simply by taking one or two blows)

Hyper Voice 3
(1)(6)(4)(1)(5)
(6)(4)(3)(1)(2)(5)(1), (2) 
Felunge takes 2 damage and faints!
Drilgann takes 2 damage and faints!

Rising Star Vicky has been defeated!

"...awwww man...good strategy, dude...I'll have to try and figure out if I can use that method myself...anyways, guess I owe ya this."

[Image: Dream_Rocky_Helmet_Sprite.png]
Randolph obtains a Rocky Helmet!  He also gets $2000!

"You make sure to put that helmet to good use, yeah?  I didn't go crawling through the tunnels of Tandor's Victory Road looking for that item for nothing! Oh, and the cash? Consider that a bonus since you impressed me."

Diam, Beethoven, and Randolph gain 5 exp each.

Good job!  If it weren't for that Cover Diam was providing, that fight would have been a lot harder!