Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Game Thread] Pokerole: Mount Coronet Mystery
(06-21-2019, 09:16 AM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: Karen approaches the teacher that seems to be in charge of the battling lessons. "'Scuse me, ma'am, but it looks like you could use some help with your lesson. Mind if I help ya out?"

"Oh yes, that'd be lovely!  You look like a strong trainer for sure!  Wondering how I know?"

She adjusts her glasses.

"Let's just say I have an eye for these things.  Anyways, I need help with a 2v2 double battle.  The move combo I'm trying to show off requires me to use 2 pokemon.  As this is just a demonstration, we won't be using any trainer items, of course, but held items are fine.  Is that agreeable?"
(06-21-2019, 09:28 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: When coming to the School, Kogeki decided to challenge the Ace Trainer Alexis. If he need to get stronger, he must fight against the stronger. He challenge her for a double battle.

Ace Trainer Alexis perks up as soon as Kogeki walks up to her.

"Really, you want a battle?  Oh, HECK YES!!!  I have been waiting ALL.  DAY.  FOR.  ONE.  WOOHOO!"

Naturally, that enthusiasm gets her an admonishing look from the teacher, who's still in the middle of his lecture on Status Ailments.  Alexis coughs and quietly apologizes.  "...sorry, teach..."

He dismisses her from the class so she can go train.  Whether it's for her benefit or for the class's is anyone's guess, though...

That doesn't seem to dampen Alexis's mood any, though! "Alright, so you want to do a Double Battle, yeah?  How many pokemon do you want to use?  Should we allow trainer items?  Four move limit?  Should we wager anything?  I'm honestly cool with any rules you want to use.  I don't care what ruleset we use, just so long as I get to finally have a good fight!"

How generous of her.
(06-21-2019, 12:10 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

On the note of the nurse, she's just quietly doing her paperwork as long as Kee isn't causing any trouble.  She's definitely keeping an eye on him, though...

--------------------------------------------------

The Roughneck doesn't take too kindly to Kee's sarcasm.  Though he seems to be a little more riled up than someone probably should be...he's probably not sober.

"Oh, think you're hot stuff, do you?  Think you can take me with your pretty in pink bunny and tiny little vampire wannabe?  Well, then PROVE IT!"

The Roughneck slams a fist on the bar, causing it and all the drinks sitting nearby to shake.  His other hand is hovering near one of his pokeballs, and the bar has gone quiet as all eyes have turned to see what the commotion is...

The bartender looks just as unimpressed as Kee.

"Take it outside, Jeremy, or you're going to have to deal with the bouncer.  I won't have you messing up my bar's interior again."

The Roughneck glares at the bartender, then turns it on Kee.

"You.  Me.  Battle.  NOW."

And then the Roughneck shoves Kee off of his seat before proceeding to march towards the door!

Well, that was rude.  Octavia's still hissing at the Roughneck, and Draven is is 100% offended as well.

The bartender looks apologetically at Kee.  "...sorry, but could you deal with him, please?  I'll make sure you're properly compensated for the trouble.  Just stall him while I call cops.  This isn't the first time that Jeremy's caused a public disturbance, if you couldn't tell."
(06-21-2019, 06:56 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Randolph let out a whoop as Beethoven hooting and hollering managed to clean the clocks of Vicky's Felunge and Drilgann, raising a fist to the sky and grinning proud and confidently! 

"Outstanding Performance, buddy, and good job shielding him from harm Diam! Both of ya are going to be getting treats tonight, after all the hard work you put in today partners!"

The wee anklebitter, who was already relishing her victory by cackling over her fallen foes misfortune, broke out into a little dance and smiled much less creepily at her partner's announcement, as that meant she was getting diamonds for supper tonight, woo hoo! Beethoven, on the other appendage, fluttered his wings and let out a blast of triumphant brass as he smiled in pure happiness of actually achieving victory without getting Fainted! Getting an especially tasty dinner only served to magnify his existing joy, which in turn lead to the sounds of victory he made grow louder and bolder too!

He strutted over to the prodigal lass receive his well deserved reward for a job well done, and offer his two cents on her own strategy.

"Ya did well yourself, lass. Didn't expect you to set up along side my Pokemon nor that Drilgann of yours becoming spritely enough to almost outspeed Beethoven, and that mole's Rock Slide could've messed me up real bad. Could've easily walked away the victor if a bit more luck, so don't feel too torn up about the outcome."

He was somewhat taken aback by getting an addition influx of cash from her alongside his Rocky Helmet, giving her a askew look that eventually smooth out into one of respect/gratefulness as he offered her a handshake.

"Thank ya, Vicky. For the good fight, and for ya generosity. I got several Pokemon that can put this Helmet to good use, including a Druddigon, so rest assure that it ain't going to waste! Good luck here in Sinnoh, lass. You're tough as I thought you were, so I feel you'll be going far in whatever ya doing regardless."

Well, that went well! He had nice Double Battle overall, and walked away richer for it! Time to return to the Pokemon Center and get his partners patched up, and wait for the others to come and see if they want to join his investigations of Snowpoint Temple. Hopefully that'll bode superbly as his this day has been for him, but something tells him it wouldn't be nearly that easy....

If its possible and wouldn't cost an Encounter, could Ran go out in Snowpoint and look for a Specialty Pokemon Food Store and Butcher's Shop? He wants to rewards his Pokemon with an excellent dinner, and giving Zorn some choice cuts of meat would be a good way of starting to pay him back for agreeing to fight for him during Candice's Gym Battle!

Oh, and that Rocky Helmet is going to be worn by a certain behemoth he has, as they certainly can get the most out of it right now!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(06-21-2019, 07:17 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(06-21-2019, 09:28 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: When coming to the School, Kogeki decided to challenge the Ace Trainer Alexis. If he need to get stronger, he must fight against the stronger. He challenge her for a double battle.

Ace Trainer Alexis perks up as soon as Kogeki walks up to her.

"Really, you want a battle?  Oh, HECK YES!!!  I have been waiting ALL.  DAY.  FOR.  ONE.  WOOHOO!"

Naturally, that enthusiasm gets her an admonishing look from the teacher, who's still in the middle of his lecture on Status Ailments.  Alexis coughs and quietly apologizes.  "...sorry, teach..."

He dismisses her from the class so she can go train.  Whether it's for her benefit or for the class's is anyone's guess, though...

That doesn't seem to dampen Alexis's mood any, though!  "Alright, so you want to do a Double Battle, yeah?  How many pokemon do you want to use?  Should we allow trainer items?  Four move limit?  Should we wager anything?  I'm honestly cool with any rules you want to use.  I don't care what ruleset we use, just so long as I get to finally have a good fight!"

How generous of her.

"A battle total of 6x6 it's more than enough to me. No healing items in this battle, only Hold ones. No move limit please, since this is not a Gym battle. And how it sounds we wager 900 Pokedollars? You gonna have a special lesson today girl."

Also Dragonstrike, before we begin I swamping one item of a Pokemon of mine for a Mega Stone. Don't want to say witch on, since I don't want to spoiled the surprise. But you know witch on.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Oh boooh, trouble has found him for another time today, not even here you are left alone to enjoy some peace. There goes Kee's desire to simply dwell here for a bit to process the latest chain of misfortune over one or two drinks! He heavily begins to wonder why the heck in every Legendaries's holyness HE of all people ended up being dragged into this mess, has he done anything to allure a STAB-Surf's wave of bad karma and Fortuna's Stomping Tantrum onto himself? Eh, not that he knows of.

Kee however all calmly and unamusedly takes another sip of jack and coke, places the half-empty glass back onto the counter - in all the current quietness the icecubes clinking within in echo dangerously - and THEN eventually takes the time to answer that Roughneck in an unimpressed and definitely NOT afraid tone: "Say, are you colorblind, canned or simply dumb that you don't recognize a shiny Pokemon when you see one? She's not especially liking that you're calling her a 'pretty in pink' bunny, none of these terms match her appearance." There's a faint amount of provocation and 'you offended me' hidden in between the lines of these words, but it's plain nothing compared to how Octavia's giving herself: She staaaaaares and glaaaaaares at this mean guy, takes a bold stance ready to charge into this foe, and demonstratively waves her ribbons to let loose some glimmering sparkles, all to express 'I'm not an ordinairy Sylveon FUUUUUUUUUUU, say that again into my face!!!'.
[Image: 10j84ypn5me21.png?width=640&crop=smart&a...34f54af588]

(Not my artwork, ©Swiftalu on instagram)

Towards the bartender, musical rave-guy returns the apologetically look with a hand gesture of 'It's no big deal'. "With all the luck I'm having today, I really shouldn't complain about this situation. ╮( ˘ 、 ˘ )╭ *turning towards his toxic vampire and dear faeeveelution* Come on you two, we'll handle this real quick and thentry to enjoy a bit of peace." He's obviously delighted that he doesn't have to freeze anymore when making his way outside, and throws an agreeing look over his shoulder to said bartender as he does: "Fine, fine. You'll owe me at least one free highball for that, 'cause the stuff you serve is pretty good. ~☆"

Outside, Draven and Octavia take battle-ready stances and are ready to POUNCE without the hint of mercy, But Kee's calming them with ease and instead turns to + adresses his opponent, arms crossed and his attitude not leaving room for any nonsense. "You wanna battle then, huh? Well, fine. And to what conditions? Keep it fair, as the moment you attempt anything funny or start to play dirty, I will do so as well, much to the enjoyment of what you've called my wannabe-vampire."

Mechanics:
How about a 3vs3? Double Battle or not I don't care. Preferably without Item Usage (apart from Held ones) to save them for entering dungeons, and without fainting unless it can be assured that they'll be completely healed again for the 3rd Encounter = perhaps visiting the temple.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
"Two on two is fine by me!" Karen sends out Lotus and Shellos for the battle (I'll leave their reactions up to you)
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
@Dragonstrike
Regardless of her answear, Kogeki is ready for the fight. His first two choice Aspidocheles and Susano'o. (Nami in fact)

If you could do the honors Dragon to show a description of Aspido?
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(06-21-2019, 08:32 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: If its possible and wouldn't cost an Encounter, could Ran go out in Snowpoint and look for a Specialty Pokemon Food Store and Butcher's Shop? He wants to rewards his Pokemon with an excellent dinner, and giving Zorn some choice cuts of meat would be a good way of starting to pay him back for agreeing to fight for him during Candice's Gym Battle!

That won't take an encounter.  Some Gourmet Food sounds like the kind of thing you're looking for, and will be the standard cost.  It can be reflavored to be the kind of food ya want for each pokemon so long as you have 1 serving per pokemon you wish to feed.

The exception is diamonds for Diam, as that's not a typical foodstuff.  You'll have to go to a jewelry store or similar for that, and diamonds can get to be quite pricey depending on what kind ya get.
Teacher Jolene sends out...

[Image: Spr_4p_400_f.png][Image: Spr_4p_307_m.png]
...her Bibarel and Meditite!

Initiatives
Meditite: (5) + 8 = 13 (3 Dex)
Lotus the Roselia: (6) + 7 = 13 (2 Dex)
Shellos: (6) + 6 = 12
Bibarel: (3) + 6 = 9