Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good counter for Electruxo-M?
Whaaaaaaaaat? You guys don't know? Water moves are boosted under rain. That includes Hydro Pump. 20% chance is still something to consider though, so be careful.

Same goes with Sunny Day. Fire moves are boosted in the sun.

(11-03-2016, 06:40 AM)Reeveelution Wrote: Whaaaaaaaaat? You guys don't know? Water moves are boosted under rain. That includes Hydro Pump. 20% chance is still something to consider though, so be careful.

Same goes with Sunny Day. Fire moves are boosted in the sun.

Actullay I did mention that it does get boosted.
But I guess what you misunderstood was the quote:
Hydro P. is not boosted by rain.

What I meant was that the acc. was not boosted.
In comparison, Blizzard is boosted to 100 acc. from 70% when there's a hailstorm.

So it was a misunderstanding.
But thank you!
We might not have known, and in that case we'd be happy to know. Smile
Ah that is correct. Tongue my bad then. Thanks for clarifying!

How you deal with Mega Electruxo depends on what archetype your team is. (The concepts I'm going to talk about in this post are pretty advanced from a competitive standpoint, so not following this advice might be the best option.)

First, the basics: it's very easy to list a bunch of Pokemon that can check Mega Electruxo (that is, beat it if they're given a free switch) but what really matters is those that can counter it. Actually, regular SpDef Metalynx counters Mega Electruxo well enough, so you can use your mega slot for something else. Aside from that, it's just bulky Ludicolo, which is bad.

Anyway, on to the advanced competitive concepts. You might be familiar with common "archetypes" of teams, such as hyper offense, offense, bulky offense, balance, semistall, and stall. The reason why these archetypes exist is largely due to the concept of momentum.

Imagine you're running an offensive team, with strong, fast, frail Pokemon. If you're ever in a disadvantageous position, it's troubling because your team has a hard time switching into things. For offensive teams, having the momentum in your favor as often as possible is crucial. That way your have the opportunity to use the fact that the tempo is in your favor to overwhelm the opposing team with offensive pressure, which is how offensive teams win battles.

Now, imagine that you're running a very bulky team with Pokemon that aren't very strong. These teams function very differently in that they have switch-ins to most everything. If they're in a disadvantageous position, it's not as bad in the short term because they can just switch to their counter.

So, why do these archetypes exist? It's usually not a good idea to mix these archetypes due to the momentum drain. Putting Chansey on an offensive team is typically counterproductive. It's so weak and passive that by switching into it, you forfeit a lot of your momentum, and using a Pokemon that kills the tempo is typically not good for offensive teams.

Similarly, it's generally not a good idea to put, say, a Mega Lopunny on a stall team. Mega Lopunny can't switch into much, which is counterproductive for a stall team because they could instead use another mega that can actually switch into things. Stall teams have weak Pokemon and so it's not like Lopunny can just kill everything.

These last two examples demonstrate that how you deal with Mega Electruxo can depend on which type of team you want to build. If you want to build a bulkier team then you should use a Metalynx with full investment in bulk. Such a set might not be a great choice for a hyper offense team because although its attack stat is high, it's not that strong uninvested and is more of a wall.

If you want to build a more offensive team, then unfortunately you can't really switch into it. You have to beat it by outplaying it and keeping the momentum in your favor. This is achieved by smart double switches and pivoting moves (U-turn and Volt Switch). Obviously if Mega Electruxo gets a free switch then you might have to sac something, but if you're running an offensive team, a good portion of your team will be able to outspeed it and weaken it, and a few of your mons, even if they're slower, will be able to survive a hit and hit it back. You don't necessarily need to be able to OKHO it, but if one team member sacrifices itself to weaken it for another team member to pick it off, then it's a 1 for 1 trade.

This might not sound like a good strategy, but the reason why is because Uranium's Pokedex is kind of whack. It's very unbalanced and a lot of things are broken. Once a lot of the broken things are gone there won't be such an impossibly immense pressure on teambuilders to adequately cover every threat. Perhaps Mega Electruxo is even one of those things. But I digress.
Very well thought out analysis, one that I agree with for the most part. Quite nice to see you back here too, Matt. Its been awhile since I seen anything from you, and that was your hyper offensive Harptera guide. Not a fan of Glassy Pokémon myself, but it certainly has its place in the meta~! Hope to see more from you, once everything here in the comp. scene stabilizes a bit.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650