Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bug Reporting Thread
Issue with Sleep Talk / Roar?

This isn't noted in the Wiki and I haven't heard any other discussion of it, but I just ran into this.

When Roar is called ahead of priority by Sleep Talk, if the opponent hasn't moved yet, the pokemon that is dragged out will use the attack that the scared off pokemon was going to.

Example:

Playing in VTS.
My lvl 56 Terlard vs my opponent's lvl 50 Geigaroach

Terlard (asleep) uses sleep talk, sleep talk calls Roar.
Geigaroach is scared off and replaced by Misdreavus.
Misdreavus uses Nuclear Slash.

I'm not sure if Roar is supposed to give the opponent their action at all, but it certainly shouldn't cause a pokemon to use another pokemon's moves.

(also, Sleep Talk calling rest is still broken. I know that one's known about though)
Suuuper new at this, but willing to grind to get what I want Tongue
Sturdy doesn't always work. I've had a lvl 1 Sturdy Snopach taken down by an Oblivicorn's Superpower (and also one other occurrence that I don't remember the details of).

Edit, 15 minutes later: Whelp, another Oblivicorn. It's Mold Breaker, I think? My bad lol
(03-20-2024, 10:55 AM)Pokekitty2 Wrote: Sturdy doesn't always work. I've had a lvl 1 Sturdy Snopach taken down by an Oblivicorn's Superpower (and also one other occurrence that I don't remember the details of).

Edit, 15 minutes later: Whelp, another Oblivicorn. It's Mold Breaker, I think? My bad lol

If an Obliv has Mold Breaker, yes, that would ignore Sturdy.
(03-20-2024, 07:15 AM)Pokekitty2 Wrote: Issue with Sleep Talk / Roar?

This isn't noted in the Wiki and I haven't heard any other discussion of it, but I just ran into this.

When Roar is called ahead of priority by Sleep Talk, if the opponent hasn't moved yet, the pokemon that is dragged out will use the attack that the scared off pokemon was going to.

Example:

Playing in VTS.

I'm not sure if Roar is supposed to give the opponent their action at all, but it certainly shouldn't cause a pokemon to use another pokemon's moves.

(also, Sleep Talk calling rest is still broken. I know that one's known about though)

can you recreate the first bug and get an image of the sleep talk roar thing happening? like when the opponent is using the wrong move? It would help the reporting
(03-20-2024, 12:13 PM)Redstone Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 07:15 AM)Pokekitty2 Wrote: Issue with Sleep Talk / Roar?

Example:

Playing in VTS.

can you recreate the first bug and get an image of the sleep talk roar thing happening? like when the opponent is using the wrong move? It would help the reporting
Sure!

It's rather difficult to time the screenshots, but I did my best. I've got a Fe-lazy here that knows only Sleep Talk and Roar, and I've stacked my team with level ones to try and get low-level (and thus low speed) opponents. Here, my opponent's Nuclear Nupin chose to use Thunderbolt, and I chose sleep talk. Sleep talk went first, scaring off the Nupin and dragging out an Orchynx, which used Thunderbolt.

I missed the moment for it, but the screen did read "The foe Pussycat used Thunderbolt!"

I can also get a video recording, at some point, if that's more helpful.
Video for the Sleep Talk / Roar bug:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-NgySo3...sp=sharing
Issue with Wish

When a pokemon uses Wish and is knocked out in the same turn, the Wish's "granting" is delayed by a turn.

Eample:
Turn 1
-Nucleon uses Wish! The foe Archiles uses Flamethrower! Nucleon faints.
-Go! Snopach!
Turn 2
-Snopach uses Protect! The foe archiles uses Flamethrower! Snopach protected itself!
-The foe archiles uses Flamethrower! Snopac hangs on using Sturdy! Snopach uses Hail! Nucleon's Wish came true!
Wish delay video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V-7pEMB...sp=sharing