Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bug Reporting Thread
(02-24-2017, 08:46 PM)Iron Wrote: Yes, there is a backup save file folder in the Uranium folder.

Ok, cool. Now to play the waiting game as the devs work their magic.
can someone help me i got this error script when i go to pc in pokemon center or using pc to change my team  . why always like this
[Image: dZY9HcM.jpg]
So, it's been two weeks, and I haven't gotten any word as to whether or not the dev team even saw the bug I posted. Could I perhaps get one? Moreover, is there an ETA for the next update patch?
There's rarely an ETA for anything in fangames. No point in asking.
Well, rarely isn't the same as never. I figured there was no harm in asking.
Here are a couple of issues I've run into recently. It's not an exhaustive list of bugs I've run into in this game, just things that happened recently so they're on my mind.

Sketch-related:

(1) Sketch targeting bug. This is probably the biggest issue of them, and also might be the easiest to fix. In official Pokemon games, Sketch can target anything other than the user, but in Uranium it targets only opponents (so, most notably, you can't use it on your ally in a double battle).

(2) Sketch PP-Up bug. Uranium lets you apply PP-Ups to Sketch even though they don't do anything (it keeps track of how many have been applied, and stops you after 3, it just doesn't change the number of PP). The official games have a sanity check that prevents you wasting PP-Ups in this way.

(3) Sketch Choice item bug. If you use Sketch while holding a choice item (whether it fails or not), you do not become choice-locked and can choose whatever moves you want for the rest of the battle. The way this should work (per official games) is that Sketch itself won't choice-lock you but you do become locked after choosing any move the next turn.

Other things:

(4) Duplicat/egg moves bug (if this is a bug). According to the Uranium wiki, Swabone can learn Glare as an egg move. To my knowledge the only parent that would work is Duplicat, which learns Glare naturally, but when I tried breeding this it didn't pass the move successfully. I'm not sure if Duplicat is meant to never pass egg moves, or not.

(5) Egg moves and Move Reminder bug. According to gen 6 mechanics, a pokemon born with an egg move should be able to relearn that move at the Move Reminder. This works in Uranium... as long as the pokemon hasn't evolved, but once it evolves that property is lost. (I tested this with Eevee and Synchronoise. If I overwrote it on Eevee, it still appears in the list at the Move Reminder. But when I evolved it to Flareon, it was no longer there. I also tested to see what would happen if it knew the move when evolving and forgot it later, to see if that made a difference, but no such luck, it's still not given as an option.)

(6) Nuzlocke mode earlygame crash. This was not discovered by me, but in a Let's Play I was following... basically, if you lose to Theo in the lab in Nuzlocke mode (very possible if you choose Orchynx, especially if you choose the "disable healing item use" clause), there's no game over (I think the scripted events where the professor talks about the battle etc take precedence) and you end up leaving with only the "dead" starter in your party. When you encounter a wild battle or trainer after that, the game will crash when it tries to send out a pokemon. I'm kind of shocked this managed to remain unnoticed for so long, there really should've been a sanity check added.

Edited to add: Just thought of another one.

(7) Nuzlocke mode pokeball bug. I've noticed that in nuzlocke mode, when you try to use a pokeball and get the "But $PLAYERNAME already caught a pokemon on this area!" (sic) message, the pokeball will still be used up. I found this rather frustrating, especially as I would often go there to check when I wasn't sure whether or not I was allowed to catch something (it's not always consistent what counts as an "area" for the purposes of nuzlocke, I've found). Truthfully I think the main thing this tells me is that Nuzlocke mode needs some kind of visual indicator of when a pokemon is legal to catch, kind of like the pokeball icon that's used to show whether you have something registered in the pokedex.

Second edit: here are some more.

(8) Sound volume issue. The jingle that plays when you successfully catch a pokemon always plays at max volume regardless of where you have the volume sliders set. (This is the only one I've personally observed, I suppose it's possible other things could be affected too.) I don't think it's a generic "sound effects" versus "music" issue, because other sound effects (e.g. from moves) do act as expected with the volume settings.

(9) Copycat. This move doesn't appear to do anything, regardless of circumstances. I've mainly noticed this because I've been fighting a lot of duplicat recently; I have not tried using the move myself to see if it behaves differently when used by the player.

(10) Issues with trading and pokemon's "obtained location" and obtained level. This actually might not be something that is possible to fix, depending on how the save structure is set up. In the official games, when you trade a pokemon, it doesn't actually change any of this information, just masks it if you aren't the OT (some games even still displayed it, just with slightly different text, e.g., changed "met in X location" to "probably met in X location"). In Uranium it's actually overwriting, so even when trading a pokemon away and then back to the OT, it will change to "Faraway Place" and "Traded at Level X" (let's also note that that level is probably incorrect, because that doesn't seem to get edited, so if the pokemon was hatched from an egg it will always display as "Traded at Level 1" even if it was, in fact, leveled up before trading).

(11) Window recentring bug. I know this was fixed in most instances (e.g. the options menu), but it still happens when changing files on the main menu screen. If you've moved the window and then go to swap to e.g. the second file slot, the window is still moved back to the centre of the screen.
I've already reported this on the google form about 2 weeks ago. Currently I am in Nuclear plant Zeta, wearing the radiation suit in-game I beat the first 2 hordes and on the third on the captured a nuclear Baariette and there are the huge rocks the are stopping me from progressing I saved after every horde just in case because I heard if you lose to one your stuck, but now the rocks are permanently there. I am on version 1.0.1 and will update my game soon.
(04-01-2017, 03:14 PM)Fireface Wrote: I've already reported this on the google form about 2 weeks ago. Currently I am in Nuclear plant Zeta, wearing the radiation suit in-game I beat the first 2 hordes and on the third on the captured a nuclear Baariette and there are the huge rocks the are stopping me from progressing I saved after every horde just in case because I heard if you lose to one your stuck, but now the rocks are permanently there. I am on version 1.0.1 and will update my game soon.

Thats not a bug at all. You push the rocks out of the way with your suit's strength module. You need the power cell in the east wing if the plant.
[Image: PU-HazmaArms.gif]
(04-02-2017, 12:25 PM)ReeNormies Wrote:
(04-01-2017, 03:14 PM)Fireface Wrote: I've already reported this on the google form about 2 weeks ago. Currently I am in Nuclear plant Zeta, wearing the radiation suit in-game I beat the first 2 hordes and on the third on the captured a nuclear Baariette and there are the huge rocks the are stopping me from progressing I saved after every horde just in case because I heard if you lose to one your stuck, but now the rocks are permanently there. I am on version 1.0.1 and will update my game soon.

Thats not a bug at all. You push the rocks out of the way with your suit's strength module. You need the power cell in the east wing if the plant.

I'm sorry in advance... I'm in route 08 after talking to Theo, I already beat the 3 hordes that you fight 1 after another with a decent space in between them.
Here are some photos: http://i.imgur.com/NzOsVSl.png http://i.imgur.com/FywI97g.png http://i.imgur.com/DLRMxcg.png
I'm 100% trapped and really want to beat this game. Hope you can help...
(04-02-2017, 04:48 PM)Fireface Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 12:25 PM)ReeNormies Wrote:

I'm sorry in advance... I'm in route 08 after talking to Theo, I already beat the 3 hordes that you fight 1 after another with a decent space in between them.
Here are some photos: http://i.imgur.com/NzOsVSl.png http://i.imgur.com/FywI97g.png http://i.imgur.com/DLRMxcg.png
I'm 100% trapped and really want to beat this game. Hope you can help...

Wrong way, try looking for other ways, because that's not a bug, it's simple gameplay, and if you can't find your way out, it's got more to do with your skill and experience in Pokemon games in general. In other words, git gud!
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord