Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Shiny Drought Is OVER!
how do you Breed those to get Shinies to hatch id like to get either a shiny Luxi or a Volchik?
(11-07-2016, 06:36 PM)Robbydog13 Wrote: how do you Breed those to get Shinies to hatch id like to get either a shiny Luxi or a Volchik?

The best chances of getting a bred shiny is to have one FRN (foreign) parent and one non-foreign parent.  That's actually how I wound up with Tonemy (though to be honest I wasn't aiming for it at all).  Your odds doing this are 1/171.  If you have a Shiny Charm (for completing the currently-available Pokedex), your odds are 1/128.

Catching that Costraw was pure dumb luck for me -- I don't have a Shiny Charm, so that was a 1/1024 chance!

And yeah... I'd love both a shiny Luxi or a Volchik.  Ask around the Breeder's Discord; I'm sure someone has a FRN Luxi or Volchik that they'd be willing to trade you! Smile
Lucky me i got a FRN Volchik from the Tradathon this last saturday and i also managed to snag a Shiny Chicoatl from the GTS also it looks really cute. I like doing Wonder Trading for about a hour per day just to see what i can get but its mostly crappy repeats.
(11-07-2016, 10:47 PM)Robbydog13 Wrote: Lucky me i got a FRN Volchik from the Tradathon this last saturday and i also managed to snag a Shiny Chicoatl from the GTS also it looks really cute. I like doing Wonder Trading for about a hour per day just to see what i can get but its mostly crappy repeats.

Nice find with your Volchik -- and SUPER job with the Chicoatl!!  Good luck breeding for that shiny.  WT is usually hit-or-miss with me... even when I get the typical Route 1/2 rejects, I remind myself that the more different OT numbers I have the better my odds at getting something decent from the lottery.  But seriously, do check out the Discord (@MonkeyLord83 see what you've done to us, now I'm advertising too!)... there's lots of friendly breeders there who would be happy to help you get started. Smile
@Eevee GOOD JOB! A SHINY OF YOUR OWN : D

I'm honestly glad you got it, you looked like you were dying for one (I mean you had saffron but still) and it's nice to have it after such a long while.
I wasn't advertising without a good cause  Angel
But I've actually stopped actively advertising Tongue
Enough people know abt it already, plus, with everything happening lately, I'm not in the mood...  Sad
Given said that, I'm still gonna tell people to go there when they seem like they clearly need the help the chat room can provide Wink
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
(11-08-2016, 12:23 PM)SmokedMemes Wrote: @Eevee GOOD JOB! A SHINY OF YOUR OWN : D

I'm honestly glad you got it, you looked like you were dying for one (I mean you had saffron but still) and it's nice to have it after such a long while.

Thanks... about time the RNG rolled in my favor! Big Grin  BTW, I took Saffron out to play while doing my hatching/grinding... you'll be pleased to know she's now a Level 40+ (I forget the exact level now) Felinger! Heart

@MonkeyLord83... hey, no shame in the advertising.  And thanks for coaxing me on there, BTW!
(11-08-2016, 12:36 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote:
(11-08-2016, 12:23 PM)SmokedMemes Wrote: @Eevee GOOD JOB! A SHINY OF YOUR OWN : D

Thanks... about time the RNG rolled in my favor! Big Grin  BTW, I took Saffron out to play while doing my hatching/grinding... you'll be pleased to know she's now a Level 40+ (I forget the exact level now) Felinger! Heart

@MonkeyLord83... hey, no shame in the advertising.  And thanks for coaxing me on there, BTW!

Oooh, Nice!  Glad to know you're enjoying her Big Grin . and i've still remained with good luck in terms of shinies (though i got none during the WT event) and it's nice to see someone else get lucky.
Seriously, with my luck...!  And I don't even have a Shiny Charm! Undecided  Cool

All I really want though is for this luck to continue into the Hazard Zone.  I would be so thrilled to see a shiny nuke appear for me... Blush

So this guy popped out last night while I was doing my hatching and obligatory-battling-to-spread-Pokerus-to-the-eggs...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=146]

His stats leave a lot to be desired, though (especially that Sp Atk!)... but still, shiny Chimical looks pretty darn epic. Big Grin

[Image: attachment.php?aid=147]

Took a while to come up with a good nickname... finally decided on "Phantomera" as a combination of "phantom" and "chimera". Tongue

So now I'm up to five shinies: two traded to me, one bred, and two wild encounters. And all within the past 2-3 weeks. I must be making up for all the shinies I never encountered in all the canon games.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OH DEAR GOD, look at that nice green colour....... <3
Why do you want to slip my default online-name into this one? Am I supposed to feel flattered?  Huh Well, I simply do. ☆
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`