Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yatagaryu sketch :v
(11-10-2016, 08:19 PM)Bayneko Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 01:43 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: All right, so first of all... sorry for the poor image quality, I was trying to take a picture with my cell phone (which isn't the best camera in the world).  As I mentioned before, when it's done I'll bring it in with me to work so I can the scanner to upload it.

I've got all the colors in, now just to figure out how to shade it properly.  If anyone has any suggestions on how/where to shade it better, lemme know!

OMG ITS SO PRETTY , CAN'T WAIT TILL IT'S DONE XD

oh, by the way, that weird part behind it's left wing is actually another claw feet haha.

Argh... I couldn't tell if that was his foot or part of the ruffle around his upper leg... sorry about that! Sad

I'll have to see if I can coax my orange pencils into covering up the gray, but it may look weird... anybody know any good ways of erasing colored pencil?? Confused

(Might be easier just to reprint it and try again though... ohhhh... what to do??? Huh )
(11-11-2016, 12:29 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: (...)
I'll have to see if I can coax my orange pencils into covering up the gray, but it may look weird... anybody know any good ways of erasing colored pencil?? Confused
(...)

Lol, sorry, there is no good way I know of Tongue I'd try to erase the wrong color as best as possible using a good quality eraser, but chances are, not all of the original color will wear of. No problem though, cover it with the color you want on that part! Might look weird, but I'd give it a try.
Oh, and when erasing, do it very carefully, because too harsh erasing will rough the paper up, especially if you're using usual copying paper, and the colir will look ever more weird on that part.

(I have no idea why I'm actually giving such a detailed advice... in fact, I totally sound like some kind of art teacher here...?)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(11-11-2016, 12:29 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 01:43 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: All right, so first of all... sorry for the poor image quality, I was trying to take a picture with my cell phone (which isn't the best camera in the world).  As I mentioned before, when it's done I'll bring it in with me to work so I can the scanner to upload it.

I've got all the colors in, now just to figure out how to shade it properly.  If anyone has any suggestions on how/where to shade it better, lemme know!

OMG ITS SO PRETTY , CAN'T WAIT TILL IT'S DONE XD

oh, by the way, that weird part behind it's left wing is actually another claw feet haha.

Argh... I couldn't tell if that was his foot or part of the ruffle around his upper leg... sorry about that! Sad

(Might be easier just to reprint it and try again though... ohhhh... what to do??? Huh )

It's really pretty, so don't worry haha. You're making it come to life xD.
Gargryph is love, Gargryph is life. 
Find me at Breeder's Guild PU for trades.

btw, this is for you :3 
[Image: azDqMAM.jpg]
Gargryph is love, Gargryph is life. 
Find me at Breeder's Guild PU for trades.
(11-13-2016, 08:51 AM)Bayneko Wrote:

btw, this is for you :3 
[Image: azDqMAM.jpg]

Ooh, he's pretty! Heart

Once I get more done to your Yata, I'll pop back in for him... gives me extra motivation to finish! Tongue
This was.... a very long time in the making, but shading and I don't always see eye-to-eye, so I wanted to make sure I took the proper time to actually do this halfway decently.

Thanks again to @Bayneko for letting me color this sketch... your art is absolutely awesome, and I enjoyed getting to be a part of it! Big Grin

(And once again, apologies for the crappy cell phone camera picture...)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=598]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)