Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your first team in Uranium
Here's mine (attached screenshot).

I don't know about how hard it is to counter him in competitive, but in single player, Nucleon is overpowered beyond belief. Especially once you get to Tsukinami village and gain access to the Choice Scarf...

But yeah, I probably would have had a much harder time of it if I hadn't read spoilers on the wiki before playing. As it stands, I was able to make a mockery of Gamma Urayne, OHKOing on the first turn with Nucleon + Focus Sash + Mirror Coat, but I suspect that fight would have been a nightmare if I didn't see it coming far in advance.

Another memorable fight was the first fight with CURIE. I gave a Hafli berry to Pajay. Curie's Nucleon led with quick attack, Pajay used Sunny Day. Quick attack again, Pajay survives with 8 HP and uses Lava Plume. Pajay proceeds to clean-sweep all the way to Beta Urayne by repeatedly spamming Lava Plume before finally going down. Then I sent out Anderind, who was holding a Focus Sash, took a big hit and then finished up with Avalanche.

Can anyone guess what the theme is on the names? Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-16-2017, 11:53 PM)nburgin Wrote: I don't know about how hard it is to counter him in competitive, but in single player, Nucleon is overpowered beyond belief. Especially once you get to Tsukinami village and gain access to the Choice Scarf...

But yeah, I probably would have had a much harder time of it if I hadn't read spoilers on the wiki before playing. As it stands, I was able to defeat Gamma Urayne in one turn with Nucleon + Focus Sash + Mirror Coat, but I suspect that fight would have been a nightmare if I didn't see it coming far in advance.

Nucleon is, quite literally, uncounterable.  It literally has an answer for everything and will decimate anything that even attempts to wall it.  There are gimmicks and very mediocre pokemon that can attempt to counter it, but they're so few in number and/or incredibly niche that it doesn't even matter in the long run, since you can pack several pokemon to counter those few potential 'counters' Nucleon has.  In short, it's just as ridiculously OP in multiplayer as it is in the single player...

Hmmm...well, that's one way to beat Gamma Urayne.  Simple, quick...but yeah, players are unlikely to have that kind of setup if they don't know that fight's coming.  If you think Nucleon is bad, well...Gamma Urayne is even more fun.  But at least Overheat and Proton Beam cripple what it can do with special attacks and make it much more manageable...and then it pulls out Atomic Punch...
Pokerole Roleplay: Slapping plants and melting fridges as Nathan!
http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=816

Pokerole Side Game: Preparing for Trouble as Reiner!
http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=1674
If Nucleon is that OP in multiplayer, then the "gimmicks" or "incredibly mediocre pokemon" for countering it, might actually be worth using, if everyone is using Nucleon.

On the other hand, having a dedicated Nucleon counter that's not good for much else will probably make you feel silly when up against a team that doesn't have a Nucleon...
I can back that assessment up wholeheartedly, as I'm the one who did a guide on that Green Demon in the first place! Don't get me wrong, I love the Nuclear powered Evelution just like almost everyone else, but Atomozate + Hyper Voice + CS just makes it FAR too powerful for all but the Bulkiest Legendary/M-Evolutions/Pseudo Legends to take down, and even they run the high risk of being OHKO or THKO. I wonder just how many people saw the guide and start EV/IV training their own Eevees for an evolution that can literally solo the whole game once you get it....

Gamma Urayne is just as stupidly powerful as good old Nucleon, but since players will never get their hands on the guy without extensive modding/hacking the back game code (Which is the type of stuff that gets you banned and black list by the Dev team, comparing the two together seems...rather token, in all honesty.

That's the catch 22 of an overcentralizing Pokémon: You either prepare for its presence by creating a team comp designed to check/counter the threat, and get floored by off meta/savvy teams that get around your preparation, or run whatever the heck you like and stand more than a good chance of being blasted to smitherins

At this point, a Ban to Anything Goes (Where Mega Raquaza roams free and wild) is perhaps the only way to restore balance to online multiplayer, but that move obviously piss off a lot of people who breed/got a competitive Nucleon and lead to the emergence of new killer Pokémon to fill the vacuum. Balancing online aspects of games is never easy, nor does the workload seem to diminish....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

This is getting kinda off topic now, but one suggestion to deal with Nucleon being OP, short of banning him, might be a patch in a future update that removes the 30% base power boost of Atomizate.

I guess that was meant to be parallel to the effect of Pixilate, but for the Nuclear type it's a bit excessive, as it makes Hyper Voice more powerful than Proton Beam, and it makes Hyper Beam more powerful than Fission Burst. Hyper Beam is normally avoided in competitive due to being setup bait, but when something has an effective base power of nearly 200 before STAB is even applied, and the unparalleled coverage of Nuclear type... guh.
(09-18-2017, 03:57 PM)nburgin Wrote: This is getting kinda off topic now, but one suggestion to deal with Nucleon being OP, short of banning him, might be a patch in a future update that removes the 30% base power boost of Atomizate. I guess that was meant to be parallel to the effect of Pixilate, but for the Nuclear type it's a bit excessive.

Well, throw that into the Suggestions Sector and see what happens!~ It sounds actually not that bad, since there's still the effect of Atomizate turning Normal-Type moves into Nuclear = the ability would not be rendered 'useless'.

Nice team, by the way.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it."
- Gerald Way

[Image: tumblr_ojj74xpbFJ1vh0d58o1_540.png]  <3
Thanks for the suggestion, I went ahead and reposted it over there.
I literally JUST now beat the game for the first time and this is the team I have. I didn't hunt for any particular natures, but I did hunt for abilities on most of my team for the play though

Mimzy - Laissure Lv. 68
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Quirky
Item: Rocky Helmet
Moves: Earthquake, Rock Tomb, Outrage, Spikes

Pepper - Frikitiki Lv. 71
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Mild
Item: Charcoal
Moves: Seed Bomb, Fire Punch, Grass Whistle, Energy Ball

Dumbo - Dermafrost lv. 68
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Quirky
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Ice Punch, Poison Jab, Stone Edge, Ice Shard

Zeno - Yatagaryu lv. 69
Ability: Stormbringer
Nature: Gentle
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Thunderbolt, Discharge, Dragon Pulse, Fly

Mimi - Nimflora lv. 71
Ability: Natrual Cure
Nature: Mild
Item: None (for higher power Acrobatics)
Moves: Play Rough, X-Scissor, U-Turn, Acrobatics

Teuta - Navighast lv. 71
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Naughty
Item: Black Belt
Moves: Shadow Claw, Drain Punch, Brine, Mach Punch

I'm totally open to changes to my team, especially with moves and items. I'm about to beat Theo so I can get the Quadcopter and not have Fly as a move.

I don't remember my first Pokemon team, I was 4 year old and got Pokemon Blue for Christmas and after that I played Yellow, Crystal, Blue, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Pearl, Black, White, Soul Silver, Diamond, X, and Alpha Sapphire in that order.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lassiure, Yatagaryu, Navighast, and Fritiki all have guides in the comp section that will let you really get your Poke's worth out of your teammates, Acrobatics seems like redundant coverage on Nimflora and could be replaced with Quiver Dance (If it has it) or Sticky Web for better sweeps or team support. Dermafrost is fine where they stand, so no changes necessary there!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

My Current team is not the greatest its my first round and im at the 7th gym.

Archilles ((Starter
Pajay ((second strongest in party ATM))
Sponaree ((My favorite on my team))
Garlikid ((Strongest))
Colarva (newest ))
Volchik ((got awhile back in wonder trade))