Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokémon Sun and Moon Anime
I didn't see a thread for this yet, so here you go. Discuss the newest episodes of the Sun and Moon anime here! Whether it be about the story so far, the characters or your opinion on our new Ash, everything's welcome! The only thing I'd like to ask of you is to keep events that happen in future episodes (by which I mean episodes that have not yet aired anywhere) within spoiler tags.

Other than that, discuss as much as you want!

Personally, after watching the first two episodes, I can safely say I do like this new Pokémon anime. Granted, the art style is pretty different, as is the way the story progresses, but it hit the mark, at least for me. So far Ash doesn't seem to really have 'dumbed down' as I've heard people mention- to the contrary. While I did like the Ash of XY, he seemed to be a little too serious for being Ash, at least to me. I find this slightly more easily excited Ash much more fun. He also hasn't been given the complete reset treatment- Pikachu was able to stand up to three Salandit at once in episode 1, and even against Tapu Koko in episode 2. Although Pikachu did get kind of beaten up by the Tapu, but that's to be expected since Tapu Koko's skill in battle is near-legendary, quite literally.

As for the other characters. We haven't really seen a lot of character development in Lana or Sophocles yet. Lana seems to be more of the quiet kind, while Sophocles can be more direct, from what I've seen. As for Ash's other classmates (Mallow, Lillie and Kiawe), they seem to have revealed more of who they are. Mallow seems to be an outgoing and friendly person, as seen when she instantly offered to help Ash when he reached the Pokémon School, but can also be a little headstrong. Whenever Ash is around, it's usually either Mallow that talks the most, which likely means that she has already taken some liking to him. Lillie's character is really interesting, as she is depicted as someone who studies Pokémon, yet she is afraid of them. She seems to be more amiable than her game counterpart, too. Kiawe seems to be the most distant of the group, a bit like the strong loner. This can be seen when he is a bit reluctant to help Ash with his trials and Z-ring mastery. I could see a rivalry between Kiawe and Ash happening later on, since it's quite obvious that from the current group, Ash and Kiawe are by far the strongest battlers.

I find the designs quite interesting. Ash's hair and eyes seem to be somewhat different, but I don't particularly dislike it. The battle animations don't seem to be too bad, either- the battle between Ash and Kiawe against the Team Skull members was pretty cool.

I was a little iffy at first, but it seems like Sun and Moon anime will be able to keep me interested after all. The story arc is different, and doesn't really give the classic Pokémon anime vibe, but again, that's good in my book. At least for now.
Oh, I just found out about the Sun/Moon anime and instant-watched the first episode. Thank heaven it's English subbed...

And I agree on you, it looks a bit different than what I'm used from it, it actually reminds me a bit on Origins... that's awesome! The quality of everything seems to be increased, which is highly appreciated (not saying it was bad, but you can see a difference if comparing), and seeing Ash/Satoshi so excited about everything while being actually NOT annoying this time is pretty great.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Well, to be honest i dont feel good to watch the anime. Dont get me wrong i like the animation used in the battles who is really cool
But i honest tired to watch pokemon. After the League of Kalos, and Ash losing his fight to Alain. Heck, i was expecting to him finally win the Pokemon League, and Challenge the Elite Four. He dont need to defeat all of them, but they couldnt at least let Ash win the League just one time, and finally challenge the Elite Four? Yeah, i know, the Anime of Pokemon its made to merchandise the game of Pokemon, but i think it wouldnt hurt to let him win the League just one time. 

And based in what we know about Nintendo and gamefreak we can already think about the recipe of the anime:

GameFreak and Nintendo, you are so predicable sometimes. Like i say i think the anime Sun and Moon looks cool, but after what happens in Kalos, i dont feel good to watch this new season. *Going to hide to not receive rage from the fans*
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
A lot of the issues you describe are symptoms of a show for 10 year olds. You should check out the newer Pokemon Origins and Pokemon Generations for somewhat more mature shows.
Correct, @Iron. The few episodes of Origin... were awesome. I haven't watched Generations by now, but it's like the series jumped on a totally new level in these spin-offs, in quality and general theme. (Or it just felt like this for me...)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(11-22-2016, 04:48 PM)Iron Wrote: A lot of the issues you describe are symptoms of a show for 10 year olds. You should check out the newer Pokemon Origins and Pokemon Generations for somewhat more mature shows.
I watch all the episodes of Pokemon Origins and i following the release of episodes from Pokemon Generations. I like very much both of the two, but i kida expected to see Generations follow the system in Pokemon Origins, but it is really a cool series to watch, both Origins and Generations. 
(11-22-2016, 05:01 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Correct, @Iron. Those... were awesome. It's like the series jumped on a totally new level in these spin-offs, in quality and general theme. (Or it just felt like this for me...)

Yeah. And at least the Protagonist became champion of Kanto. *Grab Ash and whisper in his ear* You really should learn a thing or two with Red, you twat *Then kick him in a cliff*
Well, I have not watched past the first episode yet, because I want to finish my Moon-playthrough first (I've bought it at the release, but I'm a slow player who explores every little corner in-game and talks with every dumb NPC, plus I've been too busy lately with other concerns to play at all, okay? -_- ), but I randomly found the following. It looks like it's not just the game who gets rid of a few old characteristics.

There's also this: Link to the post, because I could not find the actual video #HugToNearDeath
(It's none of my blogs. It belongs to it's respectful owner.)
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
The only thing I care about that is Sun and Moon related is the game, so the anime is not of interest to me, beside hearing about how Team Rocket actually won a battle for the first time against Ash and Co. What a treat that was!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Honestly the only thing i look forward to in the anime is how Team Rocket plays out and the evil organizations in that region. Those episodes were always my most favorite ones.
"Work smarter, not harder" ~Unknown

Ingame Name: Xenoic 
Online ID: 246632
So we are finally close to the Pokemon League...any tips against who gonna clean the floor with Ash face? My bets on Red this time. The Ash who actually work.