Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] THE HUNT IS ON! An In-depth Guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [Ver. 2.0].
I wish, I wish, with all my heart, for HA Luxies to come up us~! Oh, merci..... Glad to see your guide is still going strong, though, Monkey!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(11-02-2016, 04:37 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: I wish, I wish, with all my heart, for HA Luxies to come up us~! (...)

Windos, we all know you want that. We all know. *patpat*
I want one, too.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Guide updated.

And bumped to the top.
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
Well, I gave this guide a good read-through, and now that I've finished the main game and gotten my very own Pokeradar, I'm eager to give it a try!

I can remember using the Pokeradar in one of the canon games (Platinum comes to mind, though I can't recall clearly... if that was the one that had the mansion with the rich guy always putting rare 'mon in his garden, then it was that). I remember feeling so gratified when I figured out how to chain Eevees -- I must have gotten at least ten of them in a chain before it broke!

There were a lot of good tips in here that I definitely didn't know earlier... using Repels being one of them!

By the way, I don't recall reading it in the guide (I may have and overlooked it), but I assume running away from the encounter breaks the chain here in Uranium, right? Seems like in the canon games, you either had to catch or KO the Pokemon in order for the chain to continue.
(12-16-2016, 12:58 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: [...]
By the way, I don't recall reading it in the guide (I may have and overlooked it), but I assume running away from the encounter breaks the chain here in Uranium, right?  Seems like in the canon games, you either had to catch or KO the Pokemon in order for the chain to continue.

It does, and I didn't specifically said it, but I did say when explaining how chaining work that to continue the chain, one must faint/catch the Pokemon... But given how people are, I should probably edit in and specify that at some point...
MonkeyLord83. 

Although I still don't have pokeradar, the guide is very helpful. Cute Charm works very well :D, it is much easier to encounter a female of low female ratio specie. Thank you.

But I have more (maybe stupid) questions. I am not sure I understand what chaining is. Is it a row with same specie encounters until I don't defeat nor catch a pokemon?

I am thinking about a special cases: In Moki town, there are only one specie areas (Chyinmunk in grass, Fortog when fishing with Old rod.) When "autochaining" (without stoping to defeat/catch a pokemon, will it increase probability to encounter a shiny? Will fleeing from battle set a shiny probability to starter chance 1/1024, right?
Nekra88 at Pokemon Uranium Wiki.
-------------------------------
I am looking for disable smileys (yellow circles) in all my posts and signatures forever. (I prefer text ones.)
-------------------------------
I do not like discord. (This forum is clearer. In addition I am just registered here.)
(12-21-2016, 04:08 PM)Nekra Wrote: Although I still don't have pokeradar, the guide is very helpful. Cute Charm works very well Big Grin, it is much easier to encounter a female of low female ratio specie. Thank you.

But I have more (maybe stupid) questions. I am not sure I understand what chaining is. Is it a row with same specie encounters until I don't defeat nor catch a pokemon?

I am thinking about a special cases: In Moki town, there are only one specie areas (Chyinmunk in grass, Fortog when fishing with Old rod.) When "autochaining" (without stoping to defeat/catch a pokemon, will it increase probability to encounter a shiny? Will fleeing from battle set a shiny probability to starter chance 1/1024, right?

As I explained in my guide (admittedly, recently, after @EeveeBailey pointed out that not everyone will automatically gets it), that's NOT how it work...

(09-19-2016, 02:37 AM)Quote from Original guide Wrote: a) The Basics:
When you step into the patch, and you use the Pokeradar, there's a chance that one or multiple bushes will shake. If you walk to any of those shaking bush, a pokemon will be in there. If you faint or catch that pokemon, there's a chance more bush(es) will shake, and if you walk to those bushes, there's a chance* you'll meet the same pokemon you've just fainted or caught (This means NO running away from the Pokemon, if you run, the chain will break, more on that later). This is called "Chaining", and it's something you have to do if you want to eventually catch a shiny or a mon with HA.

*By "there's a chance", I meant you can either meet them or chain can break, not that you can meet anything other than the Pokemon you're supposedly chaining.

Now the Chain can be broken under these conditions:
- You step out of the patch of grass;
- Running away from the encounter (Like I said, you have to either faint or catch the Pokemon if you want to continue the chain);
- You encounter a wild pokemon (pokemon that's not the one you're chaining/not in the shaking bushes);
- You step into a fake bush (some of the shaking grass can be fake, and it's hard/impossible to tell in Uranium);
- Using your bike, that's right, once you've started a chain using radar, you have to continue through on foot until you've caught what you wanted or the chain breaks;
- Changing map;
- Absolutely no reason at all. That's right, it can happen sometimes (40% of the time to be exact) even when you've done everything right.

*Note: The Pokeradar ONLY works in patches of grass, and DOES NOT work in caves or on water.

Chaining IS a process ONLY doable WITH Radar, and for it to be called chaining, you must be able to do it RIGHT AFTER using Repel, and you have to faint/catch the Pokemon over and over again for the chain to even have the CHANCE to continue. Running away from battle = chain breaks/ends. It is NOT simply a row of same species! There's simply no such thing as "automatically chaining", as "chaining" itself by definition involves the use of the Pokeradar.
MonkeyLord83. 

Than you for clarifying that for not only for him, but many confused people out there, including myself to some extent~! You are doing a thankless job, you know...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Guide updated again after I realized some people weren't aware the radar also works in patches of seaweed underwater.
MonkeyLord83. 

Bump to top for fast access
MonkeyLord83.