Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Question about step counting for hatching eggs and surfing
I was wondering if there were steps counted while surfing.  I had an egg in my possession while I crossed the water in route 12, and did not seem to progress any in the hatching process.
Ask either Cody or the dev team if this is actually the case, and if it is, they will probably update the game to include a fix to this problem. I think the reason this has not come up yet is most breeder usually hatch their eggs on the same route the daycare is, so bugs of this nature might have gone under the radar...

Just make a bug report, and post it in the bug thread, ok mate~?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(12-24-2016, 08:21 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Ask either Cody or the dev team if this is actually the case, and if it is, they will probably update the game to include a fix to this problem. I think the reason this has not come up yet is most breeder usually hatch their eggs on the same route the daycare is, so bugs of this nature might have gone under the radar...

Just make a bug report, and post it in the bug thread, ok mate~?

Yeah, I usually hatch eggs on that route, too, but this was the last egg after I'd gotten a few 5IV Orchynx, and I was getting bored LOL.  I didn't wish to report it as a bug if it wasn't actually supposed to be a bug.  I don't recall hatching a bunch of eggs while surfing in the official games, so wasn't sure if surfing counted towards the step count or not.
Whether or not its considered a bug or not, I think this is a problem that needs to be address. It takes long enough to hatch eggs without a Flame Body Pokémon to expedite the process; why add even more barriers to hatching them?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
If my notes are still correct, Steps are counted whenever you...
  • Walk
  • Run
  • Surf
  • Use the Bicycle
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody
Which egg? Cuz if like, it's one one of those 9k-22k steps egg, route 12 is hardly anything :v
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
It was an orchynx egg. I'm gonna try again with a different pokemon egg.
I'd try getting an egg and exclusively surfing on Route 12 until it hatches. That will tell you if steps work or not.