Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Competitive Guide: Navighast
Hmmm...it seems you mistook Brine for Scald in the Nasty Plot set, Windos. Might want to correct that.

Also noticed that you wrote Thunder Punch instead of Ice Punch in Thunder Punch's section in Other Moves when mentioning the pseudo-Boltbeam combo.
(10-15-2017, 07:06 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: @shademonkey

- On the note of Glare being an egg move for Swabone...I'm trying to remember if egg moves can be passed down while breeding with a Ditto/Duplicat.  It's not something I think about too often, tbh, but...

Well, I thought of this question just now because Duplicat learns Glare at level 1.

- And on the note of Shadow Sneak, Minyan learns it at level 50 and is in the Human-Like egg group, so that egg move is most certainly obtainable!  Sableye works too (learns Shadow Sneak at level 25, also in the Human-like egg group).
I'm not sure having a possible egg move father necessarily means that the offspring WILL learn said egg move... Like, you know, every Field mon doesn't learn Eevee's Quick Attack or Last Resort. But I do hope Navighast learns it that way, anyone wanna try if it works? 

(10-15-2017, 07:15 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: @shademonkey : Thank you for the input, mate!  I am less than pleased to learn that both Glare AND Shadow Sneak are unavailable for the dead captain, as they give him perfect Paralysis procing on all types AND double Priority to work with, along side its other malicious tricks. Not to pleased by this, devs!

As for Superpower/Hammer Arm over Drain Punch, I always favor sustainability over raw power, and enough SD behind any move makes them move more than powerful to sweep anything under the rug despite its low BP. I'd slash those moves in...if it were not for the fact that Shadow Sneak being a ghost in the pirate's moveset as of now means that Mach Punch + Shadow Claw is pretty much the only way to go, as priority is much to good to pass up on in favor of SP or HA. *Grumbles....*

I'll nick Glare and move it over to the 'Moves that Navighast SHOULD have*, along with Shadow Sneak. I'll also clean up the moveset in general, as you make a strong point about ShadowBlast being the most optimal combo on their, and I'll move Wil-lo-wisp to the fourth slot, as it can still be argued that burning an Phys. Attack is just as good as Coverage options.

I'll redesign the Deadman's  based on your suggestions, as it in hindsight what you suggest makes a lot sense, and something that I should have caught the first time around when I first devised this set. Having Mach Punch on a the CS set is sort of redundant, given that anything the priority can help against end up outspeeding it anyway with their own OR can survive a hit and retaliate with a much more robust and devastating attack.

Still, Mach Punch on a Choice Band Set, on the other hand.....that has some scary potential behind it!
Yeah, Mach Punch + Shadow Claw is pretty much the only way to go (for now?). I had the same disappointment when I saw that there was no way to teach Haagross Volt Switch, which would have been a staple on literally every one of its sets.

What I meant about Will-o-Wisp fitting best on the Physical set is that you have two reliable Ghost/Fighting moves at your disposal and that's most of the time everything you're going to need. On the Special set though, you're running Focus Miss, and that alone should make you think twice about clicking the move. Best to have a backup plan.

Smile
I don't know how it should work (there's no precedent in official games because Ditto never learns anything, though I guess it could be interesting to hack an illegal moveset on one and see what happens), but Duplicat didn't pass down egg moves in Uranium last time I tested it and none of the updates since have suggested that's been changed. I wanted the Glare/False Swipe/Scrappy combination for catching things, so I actually attempted to breed Glare on via Duplicat and it does not work.

If there's another viable parent now it might be possible; I still don't know what all of the 1.2 moveset changes were, so I guess it's possible there could be, but there definitely wasn't prior to that.
(10-16-2017, 05:04 AM)shademonkey Wrote: I'm not sure having a possible egg move father necessarily means that the offspring WILL learn said egg move... Like, you know, every Field mon doesn't learn Eevee's Quick Attack or Last Resort. But I do hope Navighast learns it that way, anyone wanna try if it works?

I somewhat doubted that it'd work as I already tried the same thing on chainbreeding Leaf Blade on Swabone before the move has been released (move didn't got inherited), but I got curious and gave it a try.

First thing I noticed that Sableye learns Shadow Sneak on Level 16, not on 25 as the wiki says. Neat! Now, here are the breeding partners:

"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(10-16-2017, 11:39 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 05:04 AM)shademonkey Wrote: I'm not sure having a possible egg move father necessarily means that the offspring WILL learn said egg move... Like, you know, every Field mon doesn't learn Eevee's Quick Attack or Last Resort. But I do hope Navighast learns it that way, anyone wanna try if it works?

I somewhat doubted that it'd work as I already tried the same thing on chainbreeding Leaf Blade on Swabone before the move has been released (move didn't got inherited), but I got curious and gave it a try.

First thing I noticed that Sableye learns Shadow Sneak on Level 16, not on 25 as the wiki says. Neat! Now, here are the breeding partners:

Omg @PhantomUnderYourDesk that's brilliant  Big Grin Well, Swabone's wiki page does mention that Shadow Sneak can be passed on, that's one problem solved!
Ah, so they updated Sableye's level up moves to match its OR/AS update at sone point?  Neat.  Sounds like the wiki needs some updating on a lot of fronts, particularly for the pokemon from the main games.

As far as passing egg moves goes, I assume the wiki's lists for them are still accurate as far as which ones are considered egg moves.  It certainly needs updating for which ones are obtainable, though.
Okay, so there might be a precedent for Ditto not passing egg moves in the main series after all: in Gen 2, there's a Glitch that allows a Transformed pokemon to learn any move permanently, overwriting Transform.  It's a little vague, but this thread on Serebii seems to suggest that Ditto can't pass on moves it learns with that glitch even if the egg moves are valid for the offspring (otherwise, it'd be possible to get Staryu with their unobtainable egg moves from G/S, for example).

It might be because the gen 2-5 games are only programmed to let male pokemon pass down egg moves.  And starting in gen 6, that was changed to male and female, but still didn't include genderless pokemon.