Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game Update] Official Development statement from Twitch and JV
(09-21-2016, 06:48 PM)CodySP Wrote: Howdy Uranium fans,

As some of you have heard, JV and Twitch have finally released an official statement as to the future of Uranium and the part they'll play in it, you can see the official statement here: http://pokemon-uranium.tumblr.com/post/1...-longer-be

To summarize, they had this to say:
Pokemon Uranium Official Statement Wrote:We, the developers of this game, will no longer be providing updates or support for Pokémon Uranium.

Thank you all for playing.

In correspondence with the news, along with the decisions that have been made, The Unofficial Forum will take the place of the original to now become the main hub for communication and a one stop shop for all of your Uranium needs. We look forward to continuing the healthy growth of the forum and interacting with Uranium fans from all across the globe. 

In addition, After Talking to @Androziel I can confirm that development will continue by not only them, but the talented group of people who have contributed to making Uranium bigger and better. More information on patches and updates to come in the near future Smile

We wish Twitch and JV all the best and thank them so much for their hard work!

I've been given the blessing from Twitch to keep the forum running and on top. Welcome to the new Official Uranium forum Smile

~C

So... this is hard to swallow. But okay, I don't blame them, it's their choice and I indeed thank them a lot for creating the game. Wishing them both all the best.

But I'm hell of glad that the fandom, which I quickly became a member of, remains. It'd be even more sad if it all disappears in shadows. So this will now be the official forum, I thank you again for creating it and thank everyone who made the great Online features possible.

And... well, I can say I really look forward what you, Androziel and ReeNormies have in mind for further updates. *say shyly* Because from the first time I saw Baitatao and Krakanao in the Tandor Pokedex, I was like "Neeeeeeaaaaaaat! Wanna have! *dies*" ^^

(09-21-2016, 09:30 PM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote: @CodySP, can we get someone to advertise on Tumblr? I don't use that so I can't be my usual blabbermouth there. And I'll do my part in word spreading as always, but it won't be an easy task and I'm a whole lot busier these days than I was a while back...

Uh... *looks down and says quitly but with a smile* I would glady advertise it on Tumblr, since I'm quite active there...
Oh, and thank ya for that +1 positive Reputation! Lolz...
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Sad news but understandable and I wish them the best.

All I hope for is just for the game to be rounded off, Angelure, the missing legendaries the punk twins and to be able to get the trade evos unless a new online server is coming.
(09-22-2016, 02:41 AM)CodySP Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 02:08 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: Its always somewhat disheartening to see developers abandon ship, as is the case here. Still, the fact we have several people in the community working together to make Uranium a better game keeps me from being bitter!

I would offer to advertise the game, but I unfortunately am an abject social recluse. In fact, this is the first forum I have joined since the early 2000s (My, isn't that sad?). Only I can do now is continue making competitive guides for the 'mons in the game, and hope people stick around to read them.

Oh, and congrat CodySP and co, for basically becoming the new managers of Uranium! While you do not own it, per say, since you guys are a big part of the concerted effort to keep the game lively, it is practically yours at this point. I know you guys/girls will continue to do a great job!

Keep those guides coming, I'm learning so much! 

As for the state of the Game, upcoming patches will be dubbed official and we'll see where it goes from there. I'm sure @Androziel and @ReeNormies have some diabolical awesome schemes.

Can't wait until there evil plans come to fruition! Mwhahahahahahahahahahahaha~!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(09-22-2016, 08:32 AM)Sparcely Dun Wrote: Sad news but understandable and I wish them the best.

All I hope for is just for the game to be rounded off, Angelure, the missing legendaries the punk twins and to be able to get the trade evos unless a new online server is coming.

AN ONLINE SERVER HAS BEEN AROUND JUST DAYS AFTER THE OFFICIAL ONE GOT TAKEN DOWN!
Look around this forum for a link to it! Currently, @Androziel and @ReeNormies had fixed the pokeradar and are planning to release more stuff soon
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
(09-22-2016, 08:32 AM)Sparcely Dun Wrote: Sad news but understandable and I wish them the best.

Well, the thing is, there is already servers in place for trading. If you have fully updated your game, you should be able to access GTS and Wondertrade at any Pokémon center. If you have not, CodySP has written lovely walkthrough on how to.

EDIT: Damn Monkey, you ninja'd me! Tsukinami Village would be proud.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Well I completely missed that, see you're one step ahead already.
I joined this forum JUST to offer my help with the game. xD

I find some sprites to be....um, lacking. Severely. Especially Orchynx and Chyinmunk. And Eletux of course. (blegh!) I was wondering, who could I get in contact with, to ask about redoing some sprites? I've got a few I did a while back here: http://sta.sh/21tvjlctrf05

And I have a huge idea too: We need to make Pokemon Breed Variations a thing! You know, like, when two Pokemon of a common egg group are bred, the offspring is a combination of both Pokemon, not just one species. That just doesn't make sense. We can even recruit volunteers, like myself to do the sprites!
(09-22-2016, 11:11 AM)breIoom Wrote: I joined this forum JUST to offer my help with the game. xD

I find some sprites to be....um, lacking. Severely. Especially Orchynx and Chyinmunk. And Eletux of course. (blegh!) I was wondering, who could I get in contact with, to ask about redoing some sprites? I've got a few I did a while back here: http://sta.sh/21tvjlctrf05

And I have a huge idea too: We need to make Pokemon Breed Variations a thing! You know, like, when two Pokemon of a common egg group are bred, the offspring is a combination of both Pokemon, not just one species. That just doesn't make sense. We can even recruit volunteers, like myself to do the sprites!

@Androziel @ReeNormies tagging you 2 here so you know of it, whether it work out or not, well, that's not something I can predict...
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
I'm a bit disappointed at the news. Part of me feels like that they had a responsibility to finish what they started, but at the same time I wouldn't want something that they didn't put effort and passion into and instead just churned out to shut us up, so I can forgive this.

My big question is how the game is going to be updated now, since the "Check for Updates" option in the game keeps looking for the now-dead server and IDK how to set it to something else.
@treehugger0123 :

http://pokemonuranium.co/showthread.php?tid=59