Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] Getting the Punks
With Version 1.1.0 rolling out recently with the released of the 2 highly anticipated Pokemon, Praseopunk and Neopunk, people have been wondering how to get them. I'm here to let you in on the secret if you haven't figured it out yourself and just wanna get it over with. If you want to explore it yourself, ignore this thread and move along! Wink

Disclaimer: At the time this guide was first written, it was more theoretical than experience given I hadn't gotten to the actual doing myself, I just spent enough time stalking the Discord before and after the Punks were released, with and without people knowing I was there, that I know exactly what's needed to be done in order to get them. And I'm only writing this because no one who has actually done the deed bothered to do it yet. I've since done the deed due to bad weather in Vietnam making it hard for me to do anything that requires an Internet connection without getting 6 kinds of lags. Now, without further ado, let's get to it!

1. Requirements and preparation:

- This is a post-game event, so you'll need to finish the Championship at least once before the event even have a CHANCE to trigger.

- You have to NOT have either one of them yet. Right now, according to my sources, there are some floating around on Wonder Trade. So you should avoid WT for the time being to be on the safe side. For people who have captured them, I kindly ask you to refrain from WT-ing them and ruining the experience for those who haven't caught them.

- You need AT LEAST 2 active Pokemon in your team (not-fainted), and it is advised that these 2 are decently leveled as you'll face the Punks in Double Battle and both of them are at lv90. Otherwise, Drilgann is a solid choice as its typing (Dark/Ground) gives it immunity to everything the Punks (Psychic/Electric) can throw at it, and thus makes it a natural predator of the Punks.

- Stock up on balls. As they are lv90 and genderless, theoretically speaking, you'd want a lot of Ultras since the usually effective Level Balls and Love Balls will not have the x8 catch rate. However, the catch rate of the Punks themselves are not bad, but why leave any room for chances?

2. Finding and catching:

It's a PC randomize event, so all you have to do one you've met all the requirements and made all necessary preparations is to go to any PC and start spamming. By spamming, I mean access and exit, rinse and repeat, until you get

Hitting C or whatever you changed C (select/interact) to will transport you into the realm of the Punks, where you'll have to finish a little mini-game before the battle against the Punks. It is a good idea to save after you finish the mini-game just in case.

It's a double battle, so you'll have to faint one and catch the other. If you accidentally faint both, you can try to access the event again by repeating the above steps. But the Event will be locked after you have captured EITHER ONE.

3. What's next?

The Punks are breed-able species, so to complete the Pokedex, all you have to do is breed the one you catch and see if you can trade it for the other one. I'm sure other people on this forum would love to make that trade. 

Otherwise, I'll breed, trade and giveaway them myself on my thread once I can yank myself off Marvel Heroes and don't have too much irl stuff to handle.

4. Credits and thanks:
@EeveeBailey for the "error message" picture.
The Breeders Collective's Discord for the help and information that was essential to this guide as well as the warning about the Punks that are floating around on WT.
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
Just wanted to add a quick addendum to the guide...

From what I've heard on the Discord (didn't do this myself), it is possible to accidentally come out of the glitch screen if you get carried away with the spamming and hit X (or whatever your "cancel" mapped key is). If that happens, not to worry -- you haven't missed out on your chance forever, just resume spamming the PC and it'll eventually come up again.

Also, selecting the other two PC options -- your PC (item storage/mailbox) or the Hall of Fame -- will just return you to the glitch screen main menu. You have to select the one that corresponds to Twitch's PC (the Pokemon storage system) in order to enter the event.
nah, they have a decent catch rate. you'll probably get them in the first few balls. They have a catch rate of 90, that's 11% chance of getting them in a pokeball at full hp. As reference, a normal hagoop have a catch rate of 50. you weren't able to get this information because you didn't bother to ask people who have caught them before writing this, as you are implying. Think about that.
Gargryph is love, Gargryph is life. 
Find me at Breeder's Guild PU for trades.
(01-07-2017, 08:20 AM)Bayneko Wrote: you weren't able to get this information because you didn't bother to ask people who have caught them before writing this

:facepalm:
I got the info from wiki already. I WASN'T saying "abysmal catch rate" as in the Pokemon catch rate, it was more like "in comparison to other balls", as Level and Love balls work better on low level and opposite gender, think about THAT before jumping to conclusion and assume you understand what I said or meant. Then again, if you actually do that for ONCE in your life, you wouldn't be you. Tongue
MonkeyLord83. 

on a side note, if they trigged the event bud didn't want to do it, they could use an escape rope. I don't have first hand knowledge on this but i believe that's what @phantomunderyourdask did.

PS, hope you didn't leave a pulm mark on your face.
Gargryph is love, Gargryph is life. 
Find me at Breeder's Guild PU for trades.
About that catch rate, Monkey... I got Neo on with around 1/8 of its health, no status condition and in the very first Ultra Ball I threw at it. Don't kow if that was plain luck, though.

(01-07-2017, 09:11 AM)Bayneko Wrote: on a side note, if they trigged the event bud didn't want to do it, they could use an escape rope. I don't have first hand knowledge on this but i believe that's what @phantomunderyourdask did.

Lolz, not really. It went like this:

- Decided to hunt for one of those punks (In my case, Neo)
- Finishing preparation and saving infront of the PC
- Start with spamming log-ins
- PC glitched after about one minute of trying
- Accidently logged out of the glitched PC because I totally did not expect triggereing the event that fast

(Not complaning though, because the PC glitched again after two additional minutes of trying Tongue )
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Monkey, I swear if you keep vanishing on us, I'll have to use a Chainite to keep you here longer than a few minutes! Regardless, thanks for, yet again, the great guide! Remember, don't be a stranger!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
*bump up since Selene no longer update her thread*
MonkeyLord83.