Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Problem with Genderless Egg Moves
(02-15-2017, 06:32 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Eh... where did you get the information from that it learns Synthesis as an egg move?  Because...see spoiler.
Or am I getting something wrong here? Like, if I want a Nupin knowing Synthesis from the start onwards, do I have to teach that move to Gellin via Tutor, and then mate it with the Duplicat?

... I also stumbled over this: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrhQXmsl8MQj_naTC7c_E...wmSTkVCJDg]Is that what Gellin would look like if the old design of Nupin would have been kept? Because I quite like its current design, but this old version does not look bad at all.

Oops, got the wrong move by mistake, my love! I was thinking of Seed Bomb, and must have (somehow) got it mixed up with Synthesis. Derp.... Well, just teach it any move it can pass on as an Egg move, and it will do that. The problem is that their is no way to get some of those moves on Gellin without some very duplicitous business, so that is why I want some change to the way Egg Moves work for Genderless Pokémon...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Oh... I just realised teaching Seed Bomb to Gellin is is rather ironic...
[Image: tumblr_olj0j8IASU1vh0d58o2_540.png]

Oh well, I guess egg moves don't always follow logical manners. But they're fun to breed...
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Indeed. Umbreon and Synchronise...
They were likely initially planned to have genders, but became genderless later on down the line in development. And rather than going through the process of removing the egg moves, they just changed the genders and left the programmed egg moves in since they wouldn't naturally crop up anyway.
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍