Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game Thread] Lord Windos’ PokeRole Adventure 2: The Wild Lands
(03-23-2024, 09:00 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
"It's a bug, originally discovered in Unova. 'Bout as strong as a Pinsir, but nowhere near as mean."
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
Vernon thinks it might be wisest to catch this Pokemon, considering it attacks innocent beachgoers. And the current battlers don't have any Blocking moves, and Palossand would just slip through Vernon's grasp if he tried to interfere himself.

He just orders his Pokemon to try to faint it before it can escape - if that succeeds, Pokeball.
If it looks like it's about to get out of range, Pokeball at the very last second.

When the battle is over, Vernon will consider his options for flight if the running person turns out to be hostile. I'm thinking maybe floating away on a giant lilypad! If the person just wants to talk, Vernon will talk.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(03-23-2024, 08:54 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Penelope looks ecstatic at your acceptance, and soon enough you're rushed off inside the building, which is like a mini-water theme park in of itself. They had everything she described, and even some stuff she didn't, like a wave generator pool for Surfing or Gravity Deep Dive pools to see how far your or your Mons can go down before the pressure gets to you! You're lead the Swimmer's backrooms, containing many a place for private rehearsals, stalls for showing or preparing certain Pokemon, and showers and changing stations gallore! 

"Here you go! I'll let the supervisors and judges know about your participation in the Deep Sea Prelims! 'Til then take your time in getting to know the place - and get a look at the competition if you're interested, he he!"

You're left alone shortly - now's the time to summon a certain Dragon and make your pitch!

Nalu is more than qualified to particpate in any Swim Prelim, but they don't seem all to enthused about it - they much rather stick with you and the fun battle, after getting fished up by The Lady of the Lake.

After thanking Penelope and getting a quick look of his surroundings he would summon the derg in question.

''Come out Ecclesia, it's time for something new. Have you ever wanted to be the very best? To get all the *praise and honor* worthy of a champion? Well here is your chance. There just so happens to be a category for endurance in deep sea conditions which would be right up your alley.''

''So what do ya say
lady, wanna show the competition how it's done? I'm sure there'll be a real nice prize in it for us.''

After that he will check out the competiton (human and pokemon) to get a feel on who she'll be facing or not. Might as well go for a warmup in the Deep Dive pool if she's up for it.
(03-23-2024, 08:41 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

Seddi nods thoughtfully at Dodger's suggestion to teach everyone how their pokemon can use Max Revives in a pinch.  "Sounds like a solid plan, and even more reason to ensure everyone is gathered tomorrow night."

He also listens carefully to what Dodger is saying about the Afterlife club to Oz.  Definitely sounds like a place worth checkin' out when he gets some time to do so.  He'll have to coordinate that with Oz at a later date it sounds like.

If Dodger is going to be looking for pokemon for Oz though...

"Mind if I make a suggestion about something specific to keep an eye out for, Dodger?  Given we'll be facing a Ghost type, a pokemon with Foresight; Odor Sleuth; or Soak would be particularly potent when paired with some of my pokemon.  Especially Soak.  Have a few aces up my sleeve that unfortunately just don't work against Ghosts, so I'll probably be doin' a little diggin' for a critter with one of those moves myself."

Seddi gives Ceruledge and Rabsca a glance to check up on them and what they think.  Ceruledge still looking baffled and wary is to be expected of course.  Rabsca looking genuinely frustrated though gets a brief eyebrow raise from Seddi.  Ceruledge not being able to get a read on someone is one thing.  The Psychic bug being unable to do so?  Hmmmm...
Quote:How, exactly, are you going to Answer this man?

Hmm. Bernhard does certainly take their time to respond, seems to contemplate and consider their answer for quiiiiite a while. For long, there was nothing but silence between them and that man, making it seem like Bernhard refuses to answer. But as they eventually do, a certain sense of pride rings through.

"It is true to a certain degree and depending on you intent, dear citizen. Very much and especially so on the latter: The more pure and honest your intent, the better the results and the healing properties. Their presence alone is enough to ward off poisoning, and what essence of their veil my exemplar has granted me is a prized source when it is coming to healing and revitalizing creations. Their HORN however..." *another long pause* "...more so, though ONLY if received in an intent as pure and honest as Galarian Rapidash itself. As a gift or token of trust, to be specific. Unsavoury acts, hunts of unspoken force, being driven away into constant and utmost waryness, all done to these unicorns when the species was higher in numbers than it is nowadays even in its home region Galar, and fake horns - or medicine made of it - sold at horrendous prices are still sought out, even in today's time."

"Do excuse my open question and assumption: Are you or a close one, perhaps, in need of these healing skills? For I have solely the afforementioned Veil Color - something to be used in my arts; it is useful for healing arts and medicine to be specific - and my own magical and alchemistic talent to offer you. Nirix has been with me for long, quite long - though not long enough to part with their horn yet. Too strong and rooted is the species' waryness and reservation towards humans that have done unuttered harm to his kin..."

It is not so that Bernhard is beyond helping those in need - he will, if it is possible for him and if he's approached in a polite and respectful manner like that man did (twice so if you butter Bernhard up further with a decent reward, triple so if you're a fellow Magus). For Bernhard certainly did pick up the desperate and faint hope in that person's voice.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(03-24-2024, 07:58 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Seddi nods thoughtfully at Dodger's suggestion to teach everyone how their pokemon can use Max Revives in a pinch.  "Sounds like a solid plan, and even more reason to ensure everyone is gathered tomorrow night."

He also listens carefully to what Dodger is saying about the Afterlife club to Oz.  Definitely sounds like a place worth checkin' out when he gets some time to do so.  He'll have to coordinate that with Oz at a later date it sounds like.

If Dodger is going to be looking for pokemon for Oz though...

"Mind if I make a suggestion about something specific to keep an eye out for, Dodger?  Given we'll be facing a Ghost type, a pokemon with Foresight; Odor Sleuth; or Soak would be particularly potent when paired with some of my pokemon.  Especially Soak.  Have a few aces up my sleeve that unfortunately just don't work against Ghosts, so I'll probably be doin' a little diggin' for a critter with one of those moves myself."

Seddi gives Ceruledge and Rabsca a glance to check up on them and what they think.  Ceruledge still looking baffled and wary is to be expected of course.  Rabsca looking genuinely frustrated though gets a brief eyebrow raise from Seddi.  Ceruledge not being able to get a read on someone is one thing.  The Psychic bug being unable to do so?  Hmmmm...

You get a grin and thumbs up from the Quicksilva Speedster, and he nods along at your suggestions of possible acquisition targets for the hunt.

Until you brought up the idea of Soaking the GWH, which caused him to freeze and a thoughtful but conflicted expression to appear.

"Uh....huh, never thought about doing that to a Malefic. Usually go with a more, ah, how to say it....decisive approach to taking those mean Sucker Punchers down. The quicker, the better, 'fore they can wise up and start ramping up to the A Game, Nasty Plots and all. Nyan is specialized in that style of combat, but...well, you two saw how THAT turned out. Such Tricks are Effective, especially if so happens that the Mon you're Hunting is 'weak' to them. Not sure if you two know or not, but the more Strange, Special, and POWERFUL critters have additional vulnerabilities compared to the common 'Mon[/u]. Similar to how the Legends were before, all virtually invincible outside of specific Banes or circumstances, but... *Grimaces* ....yeah. *Sighs* Anyway, it's usually hard to suss out such things 'less you're the Alakazam sort, a real Sherlock, or just have plenty of experience, but if you can find and hit'em in those areas? *Pounds a fist into a open palm* Blam! Fighting those Toughies becomes a whole lot more manageable - not easier, Inferno no, but the Metronome is tilted more in your favor."

*Sighs, rubbing bridge of his nose*

"That being said .... exploiting such 'weaknesses' with Pseudo and beyond is a more Iron Barbed matter than you thick. Especially with the Malefic Monstrum. Suffice to say, fucking with them like so will not only be harder than not - more so than ever with the clever and old ones - but....they're going to take it personally. Real personally. The more devastating effect of what you end up cooking up for them, the more serious or vindictive they get. Or, Stars forbid, Interested. Trust me when I say you don't want to be on the receiving end of a Hunt by a Malefic - plenty of horror stories and ol' stories are born from a person catching that sort of attention from creatures like them...."

*Shakes head*

"Sorry, got a bit sidetracked there. Point I'm making is that Tricks like that? If you get them to work, you'll reap all kind of Fortune, and you won't know if it'll be for the better or worse until it's all said and done. Going for a more 'fair' and straightforward way of Fighting them might be Inferno-ish, but at least most of those baddies won't immediately go full aggro from my experience - though you never can be certain when dealing with them. *Frowns thoughtfully* Then again I don't think you two are quite on the level yet to pull stuff like that or plans similar to mine without a heavy Helping Hand, so....hmm. *Sighs* Anyhow, that Soak strat you suggested? Pretty sure it'd work real well on a Wander Hurricane, based on what gleaned from my tango with one yonks ago. As a Pseudo Spiritual Weather Entity I think that would mess with it something FIERCE; heck, I'd say screwing with the Type and Ability of most of them would hit Payday, one way or another. *Shakes head* It would also piss them off just as fierce too. And that's before they could possibly adapt to such a change. Malefics are resilient and clever buggers, and much much more, and that's not even getting into some of the Stranger Tauros shit they can do or just ARE. You go fundamentally Changing a Malefic like that and who knows what trouble bubble would come from it...."

*Shrugs*

"Still, don't let my ol' wisdom spook ya out of trying that idea of yours, or brainstorming anymore you'd thick would put a real stick in the caw of that dang living storm. Risks stretch alls the ways into the stratosphere, but the plays you make might earn you the bullseye you nee to succeed. You just got to be prepared if you're going down that route, s'all right mates?"

"*Nods* In anycase I plan on sharing...well, my general plan and strats I've been making and baking for dealing with GWH all these years with everyone joining me in Hunting it down. Once it's laid out hopefully everyone can chip in and help improve or add onto it, like that Soak Idea of yours. How's that grab you two?"
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Oz nod her head towards Dodge suggestions of places to find a new partner. "Resident Distinct, the Ports or Military District as the best places. Bounty offices also good. The government and Military District offices are the best places.  And Afterlife can also have some interesting choices. Got it. Might take a look in the Military District office later, since it was your suggestion. Might come pricey, but since its a Malefic Monstrum we are talking about, we cant leave ourselves be cheap. Might take a look there to find my 4th Pokemon."

Oz is happy for Hecate enjoying all the affection. She give a few more hugs.

Oz towards Seddi and Dodger suggestions...She nods in agreement. "Sounds a good plan of partner. If that Malefic Monstrum is ghost-type, Fortuna migh be able to use her dark moves against it. Persephone maybe for a lesser extent, but she might be vulnerable too. Hecate is Psychic/Fairy, and despite her mega form grant her a enormous power boost, it makes her double vulnerable to Ghost-type moves, so I might avoid make Hecate go Mega during our battle, only if it was necessary."

"She can do one special move while in Mega, but it is risk since it is a AoE move, and depending of the situation might not grant the final strike against ou enemy. She however is pretty tough in the defense department, but despite that, it would be good to have a strong backup and only her Mega Evolution as a last effort. Persephone have Lucky Chant who might protect us against powerful strikes from our enemies and grant us good luck. And Fortuna have two moves who might come in handy: Tailwind and Quash, so grant us speed and give our enemy a bad time in speed."

She look at Dodger. "I go with your guys idea, since having sinergy to battle such powerfull enemies migh help us. I think we should go now, since we have a long day ahead of us."
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(03-24-2024, 10:20 AM)Lord Windos Wrote:

Seddi calmly nods as he listens to Dodger's musings on Soak and Pseudos.  "Oh, I'm well aware that stronger critters still have vulnerabilities.  I've even had some experience with those kinds of vulnerabilities being exploited already.  I'd normally go with a mostly straightforward approach myself, but that beastie's typing is going to be a thorn in my usual team's side.  Need to either get creative or come up with a different plan of attack."

The mention of sharing strategies and fine tuning them tomorrow night gets an approving nod from Seddi.  "Sounds good to me.  That's part of the point of that gathering, even.  Interested in hearin' what folks think about various plans and how we can make them happen."