Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins
(03-21-2018, 05:11 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(03-21-2018, 04:58 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Ermagerd, this is ADORABLE!!!

Yes, I really did just say that out loud.

Well ain't that cute as a button! We soooo need to set up as similar scene in game, and get a few pictures of them!

Well, Nathan's already got more than enough flowers already, so...
I dignify the idea and patience it needs to create such a 3D image, and now I know what I could possibly do with the cards I have several times. Or what to draw when I have the time and muse.

Hum, guess we'll get to outplaying Ven's and Shiva's evening tomorrow as I'm somewhat pretty tired tonight and maybe shouldn't risk snoozing off in front of the screen. Sorry for thant, night!~
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Huh, I just had a random thought, @Lord Windos. You said you'd want to partly 'feed' Malphena Ven's own fear, but how to want to put him into a scared state if he's such a tough man with iron grip on his emotions? Shall Shiva somewhat help by showing pictures of Fairy Types in her book or telling stories about them? As for our two charas hunting together for the sake of their Pokemon, I like the image of your Misdreavus feeding on the fear of the ptey when cornered, my Litwick on its life force when defeated (or before already), then devourering it. Puts the prey at several good uses!
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(03-21-2018, 11:56 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Huh, I just had a random thought, @Lord Windos. You said you'd want to partly 'feed' Malphena Ven's own fear, but how to want to put him into a scared state if he's such a tough man with iron grip on his emotions? Shall Shiva somewhat help by showing pictures of Fairy Types in her book or telling stories about them? As for our two charas hunting together for the sake of their Pokemon, I like the image of your Misdreavus feeding on the fear of the ptey when cornered, my Litwick on its life force when defeated (or before already), then devourering it. Puts the prey at several good uses!

Well, Ventus has a pretty extensive control over his emotions, as he can not only deliberately repress, erase, control, and manage them well beyond what a normal person could do, but he (to a much great extent than a normal bloke) transform them, alter them to suit his needs, or outright fabricate/warp them if necessary. If he wanted to, he could experience the feeling of emotional agony by just by willing, or force himself to love something he would normally hate with all his passion. Doublely so if he's drawing on past experiences and memories for a specific purpose in mind. Its a big reason why he's such a great people's person, and able to put on an act almost impeccably, as if you can not only read other's peoples emotions to a fair degree, but finely tune and modify your own + your behavior......well, it certainly helps!

Of course, having the ability to make your own emotions highly fluid/subject to change is VERY much a double edged sword, as if he's not careful he'll lose himself in the act, so to speak, or his own deepseated issues and concerns could end up overriding his regular emotional state entirely, and his thoughts/personality if extreme enough. That, and changing your own feelings/creating wholecloth them blurs the line at what is exactly false or true beliefs/respone, since how can he be 100% sure if what he's saying/doing/feeling alines with his true self, or its just an sham/ruse/mask he's putting on to accomplish a goal? Its why despite his best efforts and firm iron clasp control over himself his emotions/feelings STILL give him problems at times, as his conscious/sub-conscious mind can still twist them or conjure them up into the either if he's not too careful or a right trigger is in place (Such as Ven's nervousness/shyness around Shiva being romantic with him, and how he suddenly feels genuinely inadequate/like he's scum when normally he doesn't, for example. Being able to hide his true emotions or outright lie to Ralts is another.). Let's not even get start how his darkest depths could have a field day with such talents....

In short, Ventus not only has a strong emotional control and durability/resilance, he's able to manipulate and create them like no other! Its risky and dangerous if not used intelligently and with great care, though, what with all the 'losing yourself' and threat to unintentionally/overintentionally brainwash himself aspect (Going Fully Unfettered could be consider an extreme of this phenomena), so its not something he employs unless given greatly sufficient reason or motivation. Still doesn't stop it from unintentionally happening from time to time when his control slips or gets to into/worked up over something (or vice versa....).....

What all this amounts to is that Ventus can create genuine feeling of pure distilled fear based on his own memories or not to feed Malphena if necessary. It would be obviously unpleasant for him, but with a solid purpose/his control/his resliance/ etc.. backing him up, the fear would be blunted/quickly recover from it, and allows him to dissocioate from it to a degree/not lose himself in it.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Alright guys, I'm currently studying for a test right now, so no posting from me until later on this evening. Grades have to come before games, sadly.....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Have fruitful studying then, my dear!~ *leaves cookies there as a snack during breaks* I'll wait for you to sail the ship between our charas. GM seems busy too, so it coincidently matches.

Concerning what you described up there/responded to me: Whoawh, it won't even need a 'trigger' for Ven to feel fearful so to speak? Or in other words, he can make himself experiencing fear on will? That's pretty cool despite it sounds very unpleasant and like something that indeed can go wrong very easily if not taking care or handled without great rigor.

Though it makes me wonder whether a Pokemon like Misdreavous would notice the 'difference' between real triggered fear and this semi-made up fear, and whether she'd even care because fear is fear. Resilience (you wrote resiliance, forgive me if you're meaning something different) is something that I'd want Shiva to develop during this and her journey.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Misdreavus is not an obligate phobiavore. Ven can create enough fear in himself to act as a treat for her, but teaching her to do that (when her previous trainer did not) will have gradual effects on her personality. Just like Arbok with hunting.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
Hey, Iron, how much of a good idea is it actually if we'd actually move on to that B&B now for me and Windos, means you'd introduce that place to us and we then do with it what we like, or fasten things a bit more get to that candlelight dinner directly so that I can add my part, and he and Ven can do as well once being free? I'm mostly curious what's so special about that Luvdisc.

EDIT: Thank you!~
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Awww, that Luvdisc has some nice moves and even knows Attract already!~ Humm, though before I ultimately decide whether to seperate it from the other Luvdisc of the B&B or better not due to 0 Loyalty - Would I be able to battle on land with it, Iron? Probably not, but what about on land + in the rain?
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
It's a pretty flat fish, so puddles would be enough.

The 0 Loyalty is for a couple reasons. 1, it wasn't raised with battling in mind, and it's not used to danger or anything. 2, it cheers for every couple who comes through here and is not loyal to any one.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."