Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins
Alright @Iron, you asked about how we're doing XP-wise on our Pokemon. Characterwise I already told you (see previous post).

First of all, both me and Shiva appear to be the least competitive if compared to the other charas and players, but that doesn't mean I can or shall be left behind, I wouldn't want that and try to not lagg behind battlewise. I prefer to rely on some sort of 'core' in my collected and tamed Pokemon, which consists of some well-trained and selected exemplars - this works out better for me than having to share XP among a larger bunch of potential battlers.  I regularly try to use other Pokemon, either because it's fun or to try out some combos/attacks. Some Pokemon of mine are more decent fighters than others. Allow me to become a bit more specific:

Yes, special challenges for Pokemon that'll grant boosted XP sounds like a fine idea, I'd be up for that. I can imagine something like facing strong Poison Types for Shiva's plants and fairies, or generally fighting at  disadvantage in her case - that'd make the victory even sweeter. Training Sessions could be specified for particular Pokemon or (from player's side) designed in a way that the training's fruitful = the Pokemon has learned a lot.

Edit @Mikaruge108: Woot for Soul Eater.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(02-15-2019, 10:34 AM)Iron Wrote: How's everyone doing on XP for Pokemon and player? How close are you to reaching your character stat goals?

For Terra, I still want to get Brawl and Channel to at least 4, max out on Nature, then get started on increasing Knowledge a tad, but beyond that the sagely monk doesn't have much left in terms of traditional XP growth. Gym Badge wise, I want the other Vitality Badge so that he goes up to an impressive *7 VIT, and I plan on getting up to 3 nat DEX after attempting Tanuki's Gym Challenge so that I'm not lagging behind in Ini or Dice Pools (especially for those non-Brawl and Channel ones....). That's all, really. The rugged wanderer is simple like that!

Pokemon Wise.....
......they are doing okay, but really want some other Moves to round them off, to summarize.

XP boosting challenges are a nice idea, but I'd personally like more Move Tutors or access to TMs to teach our Pokemon those hard to obtain ??? Moves, since going to Shiva for everyone single one of the Moves I'd like to teach Terra's Pokemon is waaaay to time consuming for either of us at this stage of the game (at least, that is what I'm seeing). That, and our characters finally getting their hands on a Key Stones and Mega Crystals so that we can Mega Evolve our Maxed Out Pokemon, but I have a feeling that is still a ways ahead unless the group decides to steal such things from the baddies.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Oh, good idea. Everyone, PM me any ??? moves you don't currently have a way to obtain (if you want those moves).
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
Well, about moves I have a few wishes of my own @Iron. Still need to get Slack Off for Rose, since a self heal it's pretty useful, since she can't learn Drain Punch or have a Shell who heal HP with each strike (forgot the name of the item). Also Rock Blast for Heracross since I very much temp to him one of my main attackers.

Drain Punch or Giga Drain for Typhon and both he learn via ??? as far I can remember. Swords Dance for Koa and Rose (if this option is allowed). Maybe Shadow Claw for Honedge for a better STAB ghost move. Ice Punch for Netune and Caesar since both learn as ??? when evolved. 

Ice Wind for Gustav for check against Grass-types (and the only Ice move he can learn in ???), and Dark Pulse too who is the last Pulse move left to learn.

And I think it's all for now. I sent your more details about moves @Iron!
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Huh, found something interesting and also scary about Mega Garchomp:

"Its arms and wings melted into something like scythes. Mad with rage, it rampages on and on."

That's explain why his wings become literally blades...it's must be a really paintiful process. It's times like this I did not capture Gible such time ago.
(02-18-2019, 05:34 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Huh, found something interesting and also scary about Mega Garchomp:

"Its arms and wings melted into something like scythes. Mad with rage, it rampages on and on."

That's explain why his wings become literally blades...it's must be a really paintiful process. It's times like this I did not capture Gible such time ago.

I like to think the nightmare fuel mega evolution pokedex entries are what happens if the pokemon doesn't fully trust the trainer.

We even saw something like that happen in the anime with Korrina's Lucario, and the Berserk status in Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is a direct result of staying Mega Evolved for too long as well.
(02-18-2019, 08:38 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 05:34 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Huh, found something interesting and also scary about Mega Garchomp:

I like to think the nightmare fuel mega evolution pokedex entries are what happens if the pokemon doesn't fully trust the trainer.

We even saw something like that happen in the anime with Korrina's Lucario, and the Berserk status in Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is a direct result of staying Mega Evolved for too long as well.

In Creshire there's definitely a difference between a bonded Mega Evo and a wild one.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
I'm a bit late, sorry for that - but yes, I'll share something I've been pondering about in Game Thread then, curious to see if my thoughts go into the right direction.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
This is how I currently feel.

[Image: tumblr_plxxlq97VG1vh0d58o1_r1_250.jpg]
PLOT INTESIFIES, excitement has been triggered
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(02-18-2019, 04:00 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: This is how I currently feel.

[Image: tumblr_plxxlq97VG1vh0d58o1_r1_250.jpg]
PLOT INTESIFIES, excitement has been triggered

So, that means we gonna go do some infiltration mission? That's a wonderful opportunity to put Heart stealth skills in action.