Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins
That's remind me @Lord Windos: I might need a little more XP to raise my Stealth to 4. This infiltration mission will have some super Stealth skills and Terra training might help me raise my increase our chances of success.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(02-18-2019, 05:05 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: That's remind me @Lord Windos: I might need a little more XP to raise my Stealth to 4. This infiltration mission will have some super Stealth skills and Terra training might help me raise my increase our chances of success.

Terra would still be a bit frosty with Heart due to his suggestion in the past (its only been a few days since then, regardless of any apologies made that I may have forgotten about), but after hearing the reason why the collector requests the training he'd be all to willing to put aside any strife to help out. He has standards and a strong sense of moral justice, but he won't let those get in the way of doing the right thing .

On another note, I have to ask this: What Encounter No is everyone else is at? Terra is at *4, but I'm not certain about everyone else, save for Nathan having one free Encounter remaining due to booking it straight after his match against Angela. I think Heart and Shiva have finished their 3rd Encounter by now due to flashforwarding to their match (or not; again, not sure about the timeline here), and Spira has one more Encounter for himself left, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, OOC I don't mind if Nathan and the group conducts a raid on the Cliff-Side Almanac/Scimitar Base without Terra, for two reasons. One, IRL I am constantly busy, so not getting involved in that would save everyone time, and require less effort for me to come up with my chara's responses to those situation no doubt fraught with complications. Two......well, this may reflect poorly on me, but I frankly and simply don't want to deal with either Almanac or the Scimitars right now, and instead just focus on the group exploring the region, collecting Pokemon/Treasure/Gym Badges/engaging in Special Events, and simply doing our own thing until we finally decide to address that Sword of Damacus hanging over the region's head before heading off to do the Championship Gauntlet. After the Trips Through Time, I was hoping that the group could just explore and do battles without the world weighing on their shoulders for awhile , but now that the Scims have reared their ugly heads that wrecks that plan entirely...

Sure, Terra will miss out on getting any loot and XP from said imminent raid, but I consider that a fair trade for not having to deal with the Scims/Alamanc in the first place. As for IC reactions, my chara. would actually be alright with Nathan doing the raid ASAP, as he would understand that saving Keni/Oscar and fooling those scoundrels is a very time sensitive task, though he'd still be somewhat frustrated with the fact they went off without him/his protection and/or disappointed in himself for failing in his duty to safeguard them due to being too distracted with other stuff.

If you guys want me to participate in the raid, though, I will do so without compliant, as while I don't want to deal with the above issues, I rather suffer them than let you guys suffer them more without my requested aid. Having Terra join up would require the whole group to wait until the next day in game, though, since Terra has/has done stuff in the future of the current day relative to everyone else that prevents him from joining up then. Choice is ultimately up to the rest of you, mates.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(02-18-2019, 10:39 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

Nathan has 1 encounter left.  Spira technically has 1 left, I think, but only did a single training session before Gallade did the Teleport thing, so he might have 2.

Shiva and Heart have technically both used all 3 encounters for the day already due to flashforward shenanigans.  Their battle takes place after all the investigations, though.  (And also presumably before nightfall)

And as much as Nathan wouldn't like to say it, Terra isn't exactly a very stealthy character iirc.  Very strong battler, but probably not the best choice for a stealth mission...

Given that Shiva and Heart both want to join in, we might be waiting until the next day to do the infiltration.  It'd give Charizard and Grid time to recover from the battle with Angela without needing to use Revives and Potions, too.  However, I'm not necessarily planning to bring both of them, and there's one or two pokemon I'd definitely want to bring along since we're finally headed to an Almanac occupied location.  Nathan could easily be ready to go by nightfall, and the faster we infiltrate the Almanac Labs, the less likely it is that the Scims can move Keni and Oscar elsewhere before we start investigating.
I'll give my suggestion and preferance on when to get started on that infiltrating as well why I'd actually like for Spira to do come along in-game, please give me some time to type it up.

Now then, @Lord Windos: Of course you don't HAVE to come along - while it'd be optimal to keep the party together, forcing someone, in that case Terra, to get involved wouldn't be that enjoyable. I'm not that delighted to leave him behind and therefor refrain from a good battler in our ranks, but the reasons you are giving are speaking for themselves and Terra is, well, not the fastest/stealthiest chara, you get what I mean. (No harm meant!!)

My questions would be though:
- What would you like to do/will you do in the meantime? In-game, I mean. That infiltrating will take some time, there'll probably be Encounters. You're also sure you're fine to more or less wait until we're through outta-game as I'd guess GM would prefer to concentrate on us and the ongoing plot? It wouldn't be too nice if you'd come and rant what is taking us so long, you understand that one bad decision within the labs could mean that we're doomed.

- If Terra stays, would it be possible that he'd serve as some sort of coverage from outside, a bit like Tanuki was during us heading into Mount Sentry? Means, perhaps Shiva would update him about things and agree something like 'If we're not back in xxx hours, we're in trouble. Please come for help or send help in that case'. If you'd prefer to not even know that we're heading into the labs, Shiva will ask Angela for that.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Let me metagame a bit here, for fun's sake.

As GM I don't mind splitting the party in this case - you have communication and good transportation available to you, and that will matter even less if you ever get Fly. Plus I don't have to worry about Windos getting bored OOC because he's busy. Specifically designed to be an encounter where your choice of party size is up to you.

I'll also give you the hint that I don't intend for this to be a mega-encounter, unless you turn it into one. More along the lines of the Scimitar base under the lake, with the Zubat and the Neverstone and all that. Or the Combee dungeon.

As characters and players, though, it makes sense to be prepared for anything. Who knows when one botched Stealth roll or bad decision or misunderstanding could bring down the wrath of the entire base or force further explorations.

For exploring the region, you're getting close to a power level where you can just sweep in, ignore all obstacles, and just have a good time! The exception being these big plot-level threats, of course - the Team Rockets and Kyogres. We're not too far from wrapping up most of the threads I've introduced, but everything does take a long time to resolve.

If you left now you would indeed suffer penalties if it came to fighting. That's all I'll say about that.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
Advance the day y/n?
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(02-19-2019, 02:29 PM)Iron Wrote: For exploring the region, you're getting close to a power level where you can just sweep in, ignore all obstacles, and just have a good time!

I-I don't think my chara's that strong!! :o Sweeping and OHKO'ing everything is also boring because it's no challenge.

Both Nathan and Spira have one Encounter left for the current Day (I guess), but apart from that I'm fine with advancing the day and get started!~ My, I'm curious and excited to sneak in there, can't wait what awaits us. ^^ I'm not yet fully decided on a party to bring along though, will think about it during dinner.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(02-19-2019, 02:42 PM)Iron Wrote: Advance the day y/n?

Well, there still a little thing I might need to do before head towards the next day in game.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(02-19-2019, 03:42 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Well, there still a little thing I might need to do before head towards the next day in game.

Oh... Care to share what it is? Or in other words, I guess you can agree or disagree on my suggestion to meet up at the shack the next morning and then get to that.

Shiva practically just needs to buy some meds for added security and swap her party to be ready, she'll likely even sleep over in Cress City directly.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(02-19-2019, 12:58 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

Thank you for understanding, dear! As I said, though, if push comes to shove Terra WILL help out the party, but I personally just want him mostly not involved in said Cliff-Side Scimitar Base Raid, due to me being busy OOC and just not wanting to deal with the Scims right now. What's more, due to him taking a 4th Encounter, he'll be suffering - 1 on all his Rolls the next/current in game Day, so on top of him not being all that suited to Stealth he's worse at everything too, so all the more reason to leave him out and explain things in summarized post!

For what I would do the next/current in game day, I'd first sell/put on auction all the Pokemon/Items I want to currently sell right now, re-arranged my party, then either do some good old fashioned fishing or something else equally stimulating in TV to fill the time(as Terra wouldn't leave the town within a week until the group leaves it with him ). Most likely will create a celebration for Dunny, Pixie, and Michael in that day too, to reward them for their hard work and bonding during their 3 day Safari excursion too, so I am certainly no without things to occupy myself at me own leisure!

On the other hand, if Terra DOES get roped into helping out, it probably be best as a reserve/backup unit that will come rushing in to the rescue, in case Stealth/undercover work gets botched. He'd most likely wait on the Route nearest to the base in some sort of disguise (He's an Old Contest Preformer, so he has some cosmetics that make it difficult for his regular self to be recognized) doing training/fishing in the meantime, then come to aid the group if needed by either brute forcing his way through or acting as a distraction to divide the Scims/Almanac's attention. He'd probably appreciate a Teleporter on hand if he remains outside to do the second, in case he needs to scram, but he could always resort to other means of getting away if need be....

Speaking of Stealth, remember everyone but Mika and Heart has their Scimitar Attire/Robes and Masks, so those can be used to go undercover. Also, bringing Grid, Porygon Z, and/or Rotom to blitz the security systems would be for the best too, along with a Magic Room user (Lilith) and Pokemon that can bypass barriers (Ghosts, Infiltrator Cottonee, etc.) and Heal Pulsers for obvious reasons. That, and if your at that base, Nathan can do that favor for Dagney and get even MORE dirt on them and Alm's shady biz. Just me suggestions, though, so take them as you may, mates!

(02-19-2019, 02:29 PM)Iron Wrote:

You, metagamming? I must be dreaming something good!

Jokes aside, if the Cliff-Side Scimitar Base Raid isn't too big of a deal (unless it's MADE that way), then all the reason to keep party size to a minimum, so as to not let that bog down the campaign too much. As the saying goes mates, too many cooks spoils the broth!

Glad to hear that Terra and co are on their way to becoming Super Ace Trainers, as that'll make things all the more sweet and joyous! Dealing with the Scims will be a fun thing for me to do later, and Legendaries I have reason to be paranoid/skeptical about them until given a reason not to, but all said and done I mainly just want Terra to get all the Gym Badges/Plot Devices he can before I/he feels ready to tackle the Skull Ruins and the Championship Guantlet , as those are the endpoints campaign is ultimately boiling down to.

(02-19-2019, 02:42 PM)Iron Wrote: Advance the day y/n?

I'm ready, but I can afford to wait if everyone/some are not!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650