Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins
(11-16-2018, 10:45 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: You know, there is something who was bothering me for quite awhile: What is the humans in the Pokemon world eat? Its a dumb question but the fundamentals: Humans eat both meat and vegetables. So where they eat the meat? From the Pokemon. 

If you think about it, it's a very dark thought since pokemon is in general sentient beings, even more smart then humans. So, the thought of people...eat their Pokemon friends is very much dark. 

A salad of Cottonee leafs? Pignite burn with cheese? Sushi of Milotic? Legs of Mudkip? That might be a huge protest or people who don't eat meat in any way. Maybe even great portion of the people are vegetarian?

Or maybe the industry in the pokemon world evolve so much they made a artificial meat who can substitute real meat, because Pokemon is more or less like the animals in our world like dogs, cats and hamsters. But animals with super powers like control fire or shoot electric energy from their tails.

And if they not that answer, than maybe there is real life animals there like real cows or Chicken since I remember see some real world animals in the most oldest episodes of the anime who show normal fish and real birds. But if there is those real life animals, where are they? Is their extinct by the population of Pokemon and predatory hunt of humanity? Or they created in cativary to serve as a substitute food?

In summary: The Pokemon world have a hide dark story. Or a story who do not make sense. If anyone could have a better explanation, I would like to hear it.

Yeah in Creshire they've had cheap synthetic meat for a hundred years. Even Sarimanok had the capability of growing meat, but that was a rich-person thing back then. 

It's also possible there are non-Pokemon animals. There've been a few in the anime, and references in the games, mostly to bugs and maybe to things like fish. Plus, Pikachu is the "Electric Mouse" Pokemon - what's a mouse? Do mice exist alongside of Pikachu? Is there a milk cow you could raise if you didn't want to raise a Miltank?

Phantom, are you allowed to say what fangames you are doing concept art for?
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(11-17-2018, 03:23 PM)Iron Wrote: It's also possible there are non-Pokemon animals. There've been a few in the anime, and references in the games, mostly to bugs and maybe to things like fish. Plus, Pikachu is the "Electric Mouse" Pokemon - what's a mouse? Do mice exist alongside of Pikachu? Is there a milk cow you could raise if you didn't want to raise a Miltank?

On that topic, most of the real life animals are mentioned earlier in the lifespan of the Pokemon series, when there weren't as many pokemon to fill the background.  A lot of early TCG cards had actual birds and such pictured in them.  As more and more pokemon were introduced, fewer and fewer references to real life animals needed to be made to fill environmental niches without everything looking the same (not many dog pokemon in gen 1, so real dogs were shown in the anime so that Growlithe weren't literally everywhere in the background whenever a dog was needed.  Lots of dog and dog-like pokemon to fill that niche now, though!).

There's also the infamous mention of an Indian Elephant in a gen 1 pokedex entry.  And also the mention of various real world locations early in the series' lifespan (such as Mew being discovered in South America's jungles).

It is possible real life animals could exist in the pokemon world but are just few(er) in number compared to pokemon.  Or it could be that 'mouse' is just a classification rather than a reference to an animal that's just a normal ol' mouse (someone had to come up with the term somehow, somewhen, and the subject material that spawned that word probably doesn't matter a great deal since it could have easily just been a general term even if it had an adjective tacked on with it when it was first invented.  Classification systems have to be broad and flexible, after all).

That's my thoughts on that, tbh.  I'm cool with whatever interpretation, it doesn't particularly matter much to me.
Creshire definitely has bugs, that's about as far as I've worldbuilt on that score. Fish would probably be OK too.
Current project:
(11-17-2018, 04:01 PM)Iron Wrote: Creshire definitely has bugs, that's about as far as I've worldbuilt on that score. Fish would probably be OK too.

And there is the Darwin Theory. "Only the most adapting and strong species can survive and evolve". If we compare the population of Pokemon to normal animals, the pokemon is in more quantity, along to have stronger powers. I believe the animals would extinct since there is no way they could sustain themselves in find food. Maybe animal who eat plants could survive, but predators would problably die.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(11-17-2018, 04:01 PM)Iron Wrote: Creshire definitely has bugs, that's about as far as I've worldbuilt on that score. Fish would probably be OK too.

Ooh, fish.  That works well with Nathan liking seafood and the like (maybe he'll start using that Old Rod he got from Valder more often, thinking about it...).  And I guess if Grid ever follows his insectivore instincts, Nathan would probably be okay with that so long as the bulk of that diet was the generic non-pokemon bugs.
(11-17-2018, 03:23 PM)Iron Wrote: Phantom, are you allowed to say what fangames you are doing concept art for?

I don't know actually... It'd probably be okay, but I somehow don't want to openly spoil things or shout it from a rooftop, and the projects are relatively unknown. Since you asked though, I'll let you know in a quick private message.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
@Lord Windos, if you're going to use Fake Out, Gallade can attempt to put the Flinched Scimitar to Sleep while they can't Evade so they're out of commission immediately and we can focus on hitting the other ones.
(11-19-2018, 12:22 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: @Lord Windos, if you're going to use Fake Out, Gallade can attempt to put the Flinched Scimitar to Sleep while they can't Evade so they're out of commission immediately and we can focus on hitting the other ones.

I didn't think of that, so I'll amend the orders I gave to replace the first Slash with a Fake Out on one of the Scims ! Okay , @Iron ?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Sure.
Current project:
I have a plan I have been thinking...it might not work but its wortly a try.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.