Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
Shiva does notice the brief sideways glance from Gallade, but doesn't end up returning it: She has pretty much anticipated such a reaction from the noble psychic fighter, and she really can't blame him nor his owner and best friend for this. It's Lilith who now moves her gaze towards them two to muster them all calmly while Shiva herself grew unconfident, timid and began to observe a super-interesting patch of grass beside her feet both to aboid looking at anyone and to conceal her light blush.

The more she thinks about it, the more clear it becomes that she'll do much better to keep her Almanac a secret. That's fine. "Well, eh... It's very okay to prefer natural evolution stones... But I-I find it a good thing that they're trying to reproduce them artificially. Y-you know, for people who aren't Trainers, for people who either do not want to or are unable travel to search for the natural ones. And to make the rarer stones more available. If they'll make it to even create a stone that'd mimic the process of being traded that'll be useful to help a Kadabra, a Maschoke and so on." She stops here, thinks it'd be better to NOT say that in case she won't make it to find a Sun Stone for her dear fluffball in Elanor's mine...

As Terra steps forward and claps her shoulder, Shiva winces a bit and returns his stern look with a shy and apologizing one of her own. "I'm... I'm sorry...", she whispers to the mountanous monk as she goes back to look at the ground.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
In response to Terra, Nathan just mumbles, "...it's not about Almanac..."

It doesn't seem like he'll elaborate further, though.

In response to Shiva, Nathan doesn't say anything.  In this time, that's a perfectly valid point since Almanac isn't a super shady, large organization yet.  Heck, in 2017, it might still be true for select products of theirs.  There's plenty of other stuff he could still say, of course...

But this isn't the time for that discussion.  Nathan's only commenting on the synthetic evolutionary stones right now because Spira asked about them.  That's all he intended to comment on as far as 2014 Almanac is concerned.  His opinions on them are his own, and nothing more.
(11-15-2018, 04:46 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Hummm... With that information Shiva thinks she's able to see things more clearly, or in other words things begin to make sense for her now. The tiny mosaic pieces begin to form a picture - a vague one and one based almost completely on her guesses, but a picture anyway. How curious.

The simple thought of heading deep into these dangerous Ruins somewhat being the root of all evil STILL gives her shivers, but it's not like she's taken personal precautions and preparations in the longshot shall the group head down there sometime - somewhat she's SURE they will eventually. "He searched for something definite down there? That sounds like... Well, like these hooded figures wanted to make sure that he'll be unable to bring this 'something' to the daylight and the public shall he manage to find it. Or they have an interest that this gentleman is silenced and...you know, dealt with. It also sounds like it's likely that these have attacked the pack of Baby Pokemon, I found them in a horrible state... Very brave lil' ones, it's nice to know that they're at least with him inside these Ruins..." Her voice begins to protest and Shiva's unable to properly express in words how happy she actually is that he's not trapped without the Baby Pokemon or all alone(?) down there.

Specially bred Pokemon sold by the Almanac sounds incredibly interesting also. Doubtful and shady, but interesting anyway. To keep up her masquerade, she plays along. "Thanks for the hint! Sounds good, I'll make sure to check this group and their product out on the soonest occasion. Silently though, Shiva's actually impressed how they made it from a tiny shop to being such a bg thing within 3 years despite their goods and so on were clearly controversial - but Shiva's pretty the much the wrong one to wonder about that given she bought and may buy again from them. (Does Dizzy react in some way to these news from Freddi? Just curious/wondering.)

That'll be all from her side then, both towards the Detective and the group of volunteers he brought along. She'll farewell them kindly, shares a coffee and words with Spira as already happened and is very up to pack up the tent and leave the camp to travel onwards. Somehow she's feeling like they'll get lurched back to 2017 pretty soon, which fueled her vigor - she'll make sure to use the opportunity to put Cliff's Clefatastic Repel into good use while still being in 2014. As well as to look out for a good place to plant the Apricorn Seedlings she traded for in Violet Tent.

Dizzy's reaction is interesting - he's out, and listening intently. But instead of growling or frowning, he looks cheerful and thoughtful. If you saw a human with this expression, you might think they're interested in buying some Almanac goods or supporting the company. Dizzy's infiltration instincts are kicking in!! Before too long, you've seen him slip into the foothills.

"ABRACADABRA, ALAKAZAM!" A score of voices cry out dramatic magic words. Suddenly, the eight trainers disappear in a puff of smoke. Circles of stars fly from the smoke, encircling all the Pokemon that were out.

Confusion Spell A-F
(3)(4)(6)(3)(2)(2)(1)(3)
(5)(2)(2)(6)(5)(3)(5)(1)
(3)(3)(5)(2)(5)(2)(6)(5)
(3)(5)(5)(4)(2)(4)(4)(1)
(5)(1)(5)(3)(2)(1)(1)(1) Miss
(6)(2)(6)(4)(5)(1)(2)(6)

Arcanine, Sandslash x2, Nidoqueen, and Fearow became enchanted!

The ray of stars missed Vigoroth. Dizzy takes the opportunity to walk through the loop of stars that missed Vigoroth, and a look of confusion crosses his face too. Shiva, Gallade, and Calam (and therefore Nathan) all realize Dizzy is faking it! 

As the puffs of smoke clear, eight hooded figures are revealed where the trainers used to be. They have the now-familiar gauntlets, though clearly an earlier design. They're less steely and more leathery. In the foothills, you hear the cries of Flora and the bikers entering combat, as well as the sound of discharging Pokeballs. Sounds like more spells are being cast up there, too.

You're now surrounded by hooded Scimitars! There's time to send out a Pokemon each before they can cast another spell. There's not room for 10 Pokemon in this small circle, and the Scimitars are blocking you from summoning anything behind them, so just one Pokemon apiece please. Unless they have 3 base HP or less, in which case they are small enough to summon two.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(And here I am thinking we would not have any kinds of problems with Scimitars right now....welp time to bring pain to those Scimitars!)

When Heart think he would have a nice and relaxing training, those blasted Scimitars appear to ruin their day. Heart grab his pokemballs and summon his pokemon. "We gonna need to take out as much Scimitars we can! Gustav! Time to show your water show old friend!" Then out comes Gustav, with his faithful hand cannon to wash away all the enemies!
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(11-17-2018, 03:43 PM)Iron Wrote:

Future vs Past: You Will Recall Our Names - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Gallade's already out, so I guess that's the pokemon Nathan's gonna have to go with!  Gallade was probably ready, too, given how carefully he was analyzing the situation.

Calam's still in his ball for now, but he's ready to come popping out as soon as he can find a good opportunity without it getting too cramped!

"...alright, first you drive a man deeper into the Ruins, and now you ambush all of us in an attempt to keep us all quiet?  You're really asking for it now, buds.  Gallade, let's get 'em!"

And Gallade is more than happy to oblige, as he's already in a combat stance.  Shame he didn't have time to learn Drain Punch this morning...guess he'll have to find some other unlucky targets to practice on later after he's mastered it.
Huh, Shiva's pretty marvelled about how Dizzy reacts to everything as it's quite contrary from what she by now knows about his general behaviour and attitude - having full trust in him and his skills though, she lets him slip off into the foothills without the slightest attempt to hold him back.

A few seconds later it shows that his was the right thing to do as he probably scared up those that were hiding and watching for likely even the whole time in secret, all to wait for the right opportunity to make sure that what has happened and discussed here at the campsite, stays within the campsite. How lovely. 

In an instant and accompanied with a startled squeal the maiden of fairies ends up enveloping Lilith in a hug when the magic spells as casted and the scene took a dramatic turn, though her fear quickly shifted to annoyance upon realizing who they've been ambushed by. "YOU AGAIN...!", she'd shout out towards the 2014-Scims in a low and icy-cold voice, her eyes now filled with disapproval and growing rage. Fittingly, Vaporeon took a heartfelt leap on Shiva's shoulders to give these intruders a sharp hiss, Primal Glaceon took a clear stance of being ready to battle these hooded figures. "Fine. FINE..... No, I won't surrender, NOT TOWARDS THOSE OF YOUR KIND. Glaceon, let us give 'em chills then." Means, both Vaporeon and Lilith are quickly recalled into their respective Balls while Primal Glaceon began to growl menacingly.

"You see, Flora...? It's not us, it's THEM! Told ya." There's a tad bit of triumph audible between the lines of these words.

If these Scims see Shiva's face... She hopes it'll give them hell.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Terra was only taken off guard for a moment by the Scimitar's dramatic reveal and magic show, before he regained his composure to an downright terrifying degree. His expression turned harder than Damascus Steel, and about half as foreboding as the Skull Ruins. His frame became still and taut, and his muscles flexed and tensed, as if his entire being was ready to spring into action. Worst of all, though, were his eyes. No trace of their characteristic gentleness remained, as it was replaced with cold, harsh, unyielding, immense, and almost ageless judgement that could leave all but the most brave or foolish brow beaten and cowed.

He swept his gaze at each and every of the sorcerers, and every single one of them would feel his scrutiny, and know they had been found wanting.

"Mages. I will say this only once: Leave, and free those Pokemon from your spell. Do not bother my friends ever again. If you choose not to listen, and try to harm us......."

Reaching for his Net Ball and plucking it off his belt without breaking eye contact, he held it forward and calmly flicked its release. Immediately a torrent of white light spilled forth from it and materialized Lapis Lazuli, who was encircling the entire group and his partner protectively, glaring at all the Scimitars with iciness that all but screamed 'Try me, and see what happens.' 

" Y o u  w i l l  r e g r e t  i t . "

Order: Since you said only one Pokemon per each Trainer, Terra will choose Lapis to both protect the group and further Intimidate the razzle dazzles out of those annoying wizards! Right now, I want an Intimidation Roll to see if my character can actually scare off some/all of the Scimitars, or at least unnerve them enough that they don't perform so hotly in battle/aggro on him and Lovely instead of the rest of the group. He's the tankiest and can be very scary, so let's put those qualities to great use!

Also, I have a question/curious inquiry: You stated that Angie buried underground at the start of the Encounter between the Detective's Group and ours, but I never specified he'd recalled her (only said he restrained Melly, which involved recalling her before she got to excited/agitated by Flora). Is it possible that Angie could still be out, and burrow up from behind one of the Scims to do a Stealth Attack on them while Lapis Lazuli is out and drawing the attention of everyone? Or in other words, could Terra have two Pokemon out since Angie disappeared underground early on, but I never explicitly said he recalled her?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(11-17-2018, 03:43 PM)Iron Wrote:

"W-Who are these guys?" Spira asks with pure confusion, he's obiously never seen anyone dressed, or act, like the Scimitars. "Whoever they are, let's show them what we've got, Toya!"
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
(11-18-2018, 10:26 AM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: "W-Who are these guys?" Spira asks with pure confusion, he's obiously never seen anyone dressed, or act, like the Scimitars. "Whoever they are, let's show them what we've got, Toya!"

"Scimitars!  Don't hesitate to attack them, Spira!  They don't use pokemon very often!"

That's the brief explanation, and it'll have to do for now.  Considering Shiva already implied that the group has encountered Scimitars before, Nathan doesn't hesitate to keep Spira informed.  

He can't help but think that Shiva could probably do better at this whole time travel thing, too...he hopes that the Primal Glaceon and the implication that they know more about the low profile organization than they probably should in 2014 don't have any long term consequences...

Worry about that later, though!  Fight now, think later!
(11-17-2018, 06:04 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Terra was only taken off guard for a moment by the Scimitar's dramatic reveal and magic show, before he regained his composure to an downright terrifying degree. His expression turned harder than Damascus Steel, and about half as foreboding as the Skull Ruins. His frame became still and taut, and his muscles flexed and tensed, as if his entire being was ready to spring into action. Worst of all, though, were his eyes. No trace of their characteristic gentleness remained, as it was replaced with cold, harsh, unyielding, immense, and almost ageless judgement that could leave all but the most brave or foolish brow beaten and cowed.

He swept his gaze at each and every of the sorcerers, and every single one of them would feel his scrutiny, and know they had been found wanting.

"Mages. I will say this only once: Leave, and free those Pokemon from your spell. Do not bother my friends ever again. If you choose not to listen, and try to harm us......."

Reaching for his Net Ball and plucking it off his belt without breaking eye contact, he held it forward and calmly flicked its release. Immediately a torrent of white light spilled forth from it and materialized Lapis Lazuli, who was encircling the entire group and his partner protectively, glaring at all the Scimitars with iciness that all but screamed 'Try me, and see what happens.' 

" Y o u  w i l l  r e g r e t  i t . "

Order: Since you said only one Pokemon per each Trainer, Terra will choose Lapis to both protect the group and further Intimidate the razzle dazzles out of those annoying wizards! Right now, I want an Intimidation Roll to see if my character can actually scare off some/all of the Scimitars, or at least unnerve them enough that they don't perform so hotly in battle/aggro on him and Lovely instead of the rest of the group. He's the tankiest and can be very scary, so let's put those qualities to great use!

Also, I have a question/curious inquiry: You stated that Angie buried underground at the start of the Encounter between the Detective's Group and ours, but I never specified he'd recalled her (only said he restrained Melly, which involved recalling her before she got to excited/agitated by Flora). Is it possible that Angie could still be out, and burrow up from behind one of the Scims to do a Stealth Attack on them while Lapis Lazuli is out and drawing the attention of everyone? Or in other words, could Terra have two Pokemon out since Angie disappeared underground early on, but I never explicitly said he recalled her?

You can see that the Scimitars are not flinching behind their hoods. They feel secure in their numbers and their magic.

You see Angie pop up behind the Scimitar's cordon, so yep you can use her in a surprise attack!

Lapis is really too big for this scenario. He'd be OK on his own, but the group's Pokemon need room to move and Lapis'd restrict that space too much.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."