Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
(10-21-2017, 08:59 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 08:19 PM)Iron Wrote: Looks like Sheldon is holding a Q&A session right now!

"Got a bit of a different question for ya, Sheldon.  What was it like participating in the Championship Tournament with Vitor, Natalie, and Pluto?"

"Yes sir, I already had met them and battled them prior to the tournament. I'm afraid I was a little short with Vitor in particular. I was going through some stuff. But that's the great thing about Pokemon: they have the potential to teach us many things. So by the time the Championship rolled around, we were all good friends. It was an honor to fight in the same league as those fine trainers - and they say the same thing about me!"

His tone is ever-so-slightly forced; he's still getting used to the changes within him.

"Perhaps someday Creshire and Tandor can participate in an interregional championship. I'd like that a lot!"
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(10-22-2017, 08:19 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Shiva's gaze was concentrated on the Dratini-Egg for a little longer... She kinda liked the beauty of Dragonairs and the myth about them being able to alter the weather.

"Uhm, wait a moment please, before we get to see the Nursery... Is it doable that you'd reserve that pink Egg with the little threads - they're so cute! - for me? I'd enjoy to adopt that one, we could go through the adoption terms and payment after the Tour." *rummaging sounds* "Here's my Breeder's Lisence for reserving it with my name." *hands it coyly but with a slight smile*

"Yes Ma'am!! We're always very happy to find a good home for these poor Mystery Eggs."
Current project:
Shiva replied nothing to this, but it's rather obvious that she's both delighted to help and looking forward to see what will hatch from that particular egg.

"Wait, does that imply that barely anyone wants these? Just because because it's not known what will hatch? Oh... Poor things..." *packing away Breeder's Lisence* "Ehm, sorry for the interruption, please move on with the Nursery now. Unless you want to take a closer look at one of the Eggs, Ven?"
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(10-21-2017, 08:43 PM)Iron Wrote: "I'd be glad to give a sociologist a tour. Maybe you'll even have some tips."

"We'll start with the Egg Room, since you both wish to go there. In here we have racks that act as a special incubator. It keeps the Pokemon in the Egg very healthy, BUT it slows their gestation wayyy down. Why? Because Pokemon bond best with the one who hatches them and travels with them. That makes them more obedient! We even provide portable versions at an adopter's option."

"This small rack is for Pokemon who were dropped off. Our Egg Checker app is unable to identify them. So they are probably rare in Creshire. On the upside, I suppose, they might not be disobedient species. The recommended donation is $500, our lowest tier."

Unidentified Eggs

5. Black and blue, with a little bit of fur at the base
(...)

"And through here is the Nursery!"

"Judging from the safety percautions I've already seen and the overall asthetic of the Shelter, I say you are doing a excellent job accounting for the danger Disobedient Pokémon hold, but I'm more than glad to offer advice when I can," Ventus amicably responded, giving the receptionist a charming smile as they lead him and Shiva to the Egg Room, which as the name suggests was brimming with the unhatched youth of a variety of Pokémon of all types and species! He listen to her explaination on how the different tiers of Eggs and their Donation Price, what was being offered in each tier, as well as how they stored/incubated them for long period of time.

That last bit of information intrigued the researcher greatly, for while he's heard of speeding up an Egg's gestation time with Pokémon that had either Magma Armor or Flame Body, he never heard of a method to slow it down, and it was technology no less that enabled this! Sociologist as he was, he was by no means a Technical Engineer or Breeder, so he couldn't help but be impressed. "How fascinating! In Unova, when Eggs needed to be stored long term, they were registered to a on site Trainer and stored in their personal PC, but that completely halts any sort of growth or development of the Egg, so it had its associated problems with breeders. Tell me, if Cheshire has developed technology to delay the gestation period of Egg, is the inverse true as well, and available for purchase? While I am by no means a Breeder, my friend here is one, so having some fort of tech that could speed up the process of incubating Eggs tremendously," the empath inquired, waiting to receive conformation of this and where he could acquire said it, before he moved on to browse the Egg available for adoption.

The Rare Eggs obviously intrigued him greatly, especially since 3/4 of them hold his favorite/primary Type of Pokémon to study/own, but the steep donation price was a clear indicator that such an acquisition would not come without a hefty price. One that he couldn't afford normally without either spending weeks raising the funds or using his limited influence and connection to try and get it for a discount/free, but he decided against doing such things in the end. 'Having more Dragon types or a Steel type to research and care for would be a blessing from Reshirim themselves indeed, but I rather not deprieve the Shelter of a major source of funds from someone else that could more readily afford and take of them. Though, that doesn't necessarily bod true for the rest of the Eggs on offer.....'

Eventually, his curious investigations lead him back to The Mystery Egg Section, which Shiva was already at and had selected a Odd Pink Egg that just screamed 'I hold a Fairy/Psychic Type of Some Kind!!!' for herself, causing a resigned but still delighted smile on his face. He wasn't too fond of the later type, but if anyone could handle and raise them to be decent, well behaved Pokémon, it would be the mystical lass herself! He then turned his attention towards the rest of the Eggs, and one in particular caught his eye: A Black and Blue Egg, with fur on the bottom. Normally his interest in Eggs were rather limited (Raphael being the obvious Eggception), but something about this one called out to him for some reason, and while Ventus was a man of reason and logic by proffesion, he was at his core an empath that had learned to trust his intuation and emotions.

Pondering over it for a moment, and hearing the curiousity of his dear friend at his purusals, the researcher sharply nodded his head to himself, making his mind up on the matter, and turned towards the receptionist and asked: "My good friend, I would like to take that Black and Blue Egg into my stewardship, if at all possible. I have already donated $350 Poke to Freddy out in front of the Shelter, so I was wonder if I could just hand over $150 Poke more to cover the recommended donation price?"

Order: Ask in game where to find Fast Incubator, and propose offer for the Black and Blue Mystery Egg with fur on bottom, before he's ready to move on to the Nursery. When he receives the Egg into his possession, he'll send Michael Back to his PC and carry the Egg with him directly from then on! Let's see the rest of the place, shall we?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(10-21-2017, 08:13 PM)Iron Wrote:

The Circumnavigator Round 1

Diglett's gender: (2) This Diglett is female!

Obedience: (5)(1) vs (2)(6)(4)

Magnitude
Power: (1)
3 Dex + 2 Fight + 0 = 5 dice
(6)(1)(1)(5)(3). One success.

The ground shakes under Koa, and he panics a bit and leaps up to the sturdier rock of the mesa. His trust in Heart is not yet strong enough to overcome fear.

Evasion: 5 dice, -2 actions = 3 dice
(3)(4)(1) Koa avoids any damage with his leap. From his high perch, he notices the earthquake was extremely minor. He looks a bit ashamed, and decides to continue a Dual Chop as best he can. He only has one action left after his disobedient evasion.

Dual Chop
(4)
2* Str + 2 power + 1 STAB -1 vit = 4 dice
(4)(1)(1)(3) No damage. Koa comes hurtling down from his height, and pretty much plays Whack-a-Mole with Diglett. The mole Pokemon is popped underground, but takes no damage.

The Circumnavigator Round 2

Loyalty: (3)(3)
Disobedience: (6)(5)(5)

Magnitude
Power: (4)
(6)(4)(3)(1)(1)
2 Str +4 power +1 stab -3 vit = 3 dice
(6)(1)(2) Koa takes 1 dmg and falls over as the ground shakes much stronger this time. 5/6hp.

Say...that game of Whackamole was rather fun.

Knockdown
(5)(5)(5)
2 Str + 1 power -1 vit = 2 dice
(4)(1) Diglett takes 1 dmg 3/4hp
Diglett loses 1 accuracy since Koa will not let him up out of the hole!

Dual Chop
(1) Miss

The Circumnavigator Round 3

"Damn Koa! Well, remember me to teach some better moves later Koa. Use Scratch two them. Two times. Put your strengh in that clawns!"
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(10-22-2017, 12:18 PM)Iron Wrote: "Perhaps someday Creshire and Tandor can participate in an interregional championship. I'd like that a lot!"

"Yeah, I'd like to see some interregional interactions like that as well.  I think Unova has something like that.  The Pokemon World Tournament, I think?  Maybe further branches of that could be set up eventually?"

Nathan's probably the only one in the crowd who even knows what the heck he's talking about.

"Another question: you've shown us 5 pokemon so far so...what's the 6th one you've got on hand?"
(10-22-2017, 01:03 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:  "How fascinating! In Unova, when Eggs needed to be stored long term, they were registered to a on site Trainer and stored in their personal PC, but that completely halts any sort of growth or development of the Egg, so it had its associated problems with breeders.
"Pokemon in the PC gain no attachment to their trainers, so this method has a great advantage. And they're easier to display like this."

Quote:Tell me, if Cheshire has developed technology to delay the gestation period of Egg, is the inverse true as well, and available for purchase? While I am by no means a Breeder, my friend here is one, so having some fort of tech that could speed up the process of incubating Eggs tremendously," the empath inquired, waiting to receive conformation of this and where he could acquire said it

"I know of two kinds of speedy Incubators. One was developed by Almanac; it's the faster of the two. But attachment is much lower. The Pokemon comes out and is so precocious it doesn't recognize a trainer as its mother. At least not properly. The other one is a bit slower and more expensive. You can get them both at the Department Store."

Quote:Pondering over it for a moment, and hearing the curiousity of his dear friend at his purusals, the researcher sharply nodded his head to himself, making his mind up on the matter, and turned towards the receptionist and asked: "My good friend, I would like to take that Black and Blue Egg into my stewardship, if at all possible. I have already donated $350 Poke to Freddy out in front of the Shelter, so I was wonder if I could just hand over $150 Poke more to cover the recommended donation price?"

"I'm sure that would be agreeable! That bin over there is full of basic Incubators, which you may take for free to hold Shelter Eggs. Just return them to us or to any PokeCenter. The League disseminates these Incubators for pennies on the dollar."
Current project:

The Circumnavigator Round 3

Obedience: (1)(1) vs (6)(5)(2)

Magnitude
Power: (6) This time, the earth quakes strongly enough that passerby swing their attention to your battle.
(5)(5)(6)(4) Koa is not listening to Heart's warning call, and nearly takes a critical hit from the strongest Magnitude Diglett can do.
9 dice -3 vit = 6 dice
(5)(5)(1)(5)(3)(2) Koa takes 3 dmg 2/6hp -2 pain.

Scratch? No! Dual Chop!
Dual Chop
5 dice, -2 actions, -2 pain = 1/0 dice
(4)
(3)(4)(2)(4) Diglett takes 2 dmg. 1/4hp -3 pain.

As Koa limps into melee range, Koa looks rather shamefaced that his own plan went so poorly. You can see in his face that next round he is going to do what you told him to do this round. He'll try it out, compare the two...see which is better.

The Circumnavigator Round 4

Current project:
(10-22-2017, 02:30 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 12:18 PM)Iron Wrote: "Perhaps someday Creshire and Tandor can participate in an interregional championship. I'd like that a lot!"

"Yeah, I'd like to see some interregional interactions like that as well.  I think Unova has something like that.  The Pokemon World Tournament, I think?  Maybe further branches of that could be set up eventually?"

Nathan's probably the only one in the crowd who even knows what the heck he's talking about.

"Another question: you've shown us 5 pokemon so far so...what's the 6th one you've got on hand?"

"Oh...it's not a Steel type. Just a common Mankey. Common to both Tandor and Creshire." (Note: Empirilla exists in Creshire too. Jungle Crowns are rarer than King's Rocks.)
Current project:
(10-22-2017, 04:49 PM)Iron Wrote: "Oh...it's not a Steel type. Just a common Mankey. Common to both Tandor and Creshire."

'Hmmm...well, not what I was expecting, but whatever.  Now, is there annything else I want to ask?  Hmmm...oh, I know...'

"Just to sate my own curiosity, how's the cleanup going back in Tandor? Everything going okay over there?"

Sheldon would know what Nathan's talking about.  Doubtful the crowd would, though.