Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
(09-20-2018, 03:02 PM)Iron Wrote: "It was right there in Cress City, a dozen blocks from the man's own house. Something I find interesting is that he released no Pokemon - not while breaking in, not while cussing out the cops who arrested him. I bet I'll know within a few hours whether they found any Pokeballs on him while booking him, and their contents. You'll have to keep that knowledge secret, though, is that OK?"

"Not relying on pokemon...that sounds like a typical Scimitar thing to do, and the one who threatened me is most likely associated with the Water Scimitars in some regards...lower ranked members apparently don't even have gauntlets.  Well, another thing to look for would be items on his person.  If he has tons and tons of Potions, that might be another clue that he's the same guy.  I would have beaten that Mega-Pinsir if it hadn't had Potions used on it constantly, and the guy tried to intimidate me with the possibility that he had more pokemon and who knows how many Potions on his person.  And yes, I can keep whatever you find quiet for sure.  That's perfectly okay."
(09-20-2018, 02:59 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: (Neat edit to Gregor Mendelcatty. Lolz!)

Huh, now that went much smoother than Shiva would have expected, but from the look of it Raphael's last Air Slash kinda did a fine job. Smilar like Cliff, she calls out for the archangel and guides him to softly land by her side, where he immediately receives a fond hug, a handful of dried berries to nom and some praise for his victory against the fierely falcon. She surely like feels like having learned something in this battle! That, and she's very relieved that neither Steel Wing has been displayed nor has the archangel suffered a horrible burn. "Very well done, Raphael... That was a good fight from your side, I liked how you first softened Talon's aggression and then made her fear you by your Air Slashes. Good job! <3 " 

With great carefulness she accepts the vile of the special pheromone, turns it a little in hands and holding it up to get a good impression of it. She's having very mixed and worried feelings still - but now also an unmistakably fascination. "Many many thanks. I... I will make sure to put it into good use! And yes, I'll take care to shelter the chosen Egg from rain. This one vile for exactly one Egg, right? And you said it takes longer for the Egg to hatch if left in the wild and protected with this pheromone, is that correct...?"

The simple thought of a cute shiny Cleffa~ waters Shiva's mouth and brings some sparkles into her eyes. She'd have great problems to abstain from hugging it if Cliff would have it with him now.

Ah... That the Egg Checker wouldn't be able to identify the species until halfway through gestation is something Shiva did not know. For certain though she has heard of Gregor Mendelcatty's theories and hypotheses on modern genetics, her father once gifted her a book about it as she got curious about that topic and seemed old enough to get it. But it was usually him who checked the Eggs with the Pokedex. She ends up blinking at Cliff in suprise upon him sharing that, curiosity now awakes. "Really....? How weird... But also quite something. I guess the same goes for more weird combinations, like trying to mate a Zangoose with a Seviper?" Why someone would want to do that, Shiva never understood.

"One that ensures rare moves... You mean a Greenleaf? Or is there one more for that? Can I....maybe even see the Shambles if you've got it with you, please? Just... just because I'm enjoying how many different Destiny Knots there are, and I never heard of that one!"

Ah, and very shyly, when it gets time to bid goodbye and move further down the path, Shiva would ask one more thing. "You're going to see Bill as well, will you? Have you visited him before, is he hospitable at all? Ah, and....uhm.... Shall we exchange numbers as well? I'd be happy to to hang out and chat more about Eggs and Breeding, maybe we can even battle again at some point!"

"The pheromone itself doesn't alter the Egg's hatching time. But not traveling with a party of healthy, active Pokemon is what delays the Egg. The fastest way is to carry the Egg with you. Then to leave it with its family. Then to leave it in the wild without its family. Then to leave it in a Suppressor. Then to leave it in the PC."

"What the pheromone does is ensure no wild Pokemon happen upon the Egg and destroy it."

"I'll even teach you the Shambles! You need $450 worth of string in at least two colors. Then you just contribute whatever's in your pockets at the time, and something from all the Pokemon you're considering. Then you make a cat's cradle like this and you're done! The Knot will react to their epigenetic makeup and bring the best matched samples closest together."

"I've been to see Bill before. He's friendly, but a bit weird. He's got a one track mind for sure. If you show basic respect for his work you'll be fine. Here's my number, call me anytime."

Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(09-20-2018, 03:09 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 03:02 PM)Iron Wrote: "It was right there in Cress City, a dozen blocks from the man's own house. Something I find interesting is that he released no Pokemon - not while breaking in, not while cussing out the cops who arrested him. I bet I'll know within a few hours whether they found any Pokeballs on him while booking him, and their contents. You'll have to keep that knowledge secret, though, is that OK?"

"Not relying on pokemon...that sounds like a typical Scimitar thing to do, and the one who threatened me is most likely associated with the Water Scimitars in some regards...lower ranked members apparently don't even have gauntlets.  Well, another thing to look for would be items on his person.  If he has tons and tons of Potions, that might be another clue that he's the same guy.  I would have beaten that Mega-Pinsir if it hadn't had Potions used on it constantly, and the guy tried to intimidate me with the possibility that he had more pokemon and who knows how many Potions on his person.  And yes, I can keep whatever you find quiet for sure.  That's perfectly okay."

"Great, let me call you again in a few hours. Enjoy Route 12." *click*
Current project:
(09-20-2018, 03:11 PM)Iron Wrote: "Great, let me call you again in a few hours. Enjoy Route 12." *click*

Nathan just stares at his pokedex for a moment after Dagny hangs up.  "...how'd she know I was on Route 12...?"

Welp, that aside...back to Terra we go!

"Sorry about that, Terra.  Had to take that call ASAP.  Very important...so, uh...yeah, back to what we were discussing previously, I guess?  If I'm correct, it looked like you were about to say something..."
Awwww! With honest thankfulness in her gaze Shiva does accept Cliff's number and gives hers in return. She's still silently amazed how many interesting people worth of staying in contact with she has met while traveling this region, this is probably one of the experiences only a journeying young Trainer is able to form?

"Oh... Yes, that's actually what I meant. I must have...worded it badly, forgive me for that..." Thinking about it, what Cliff says sounds like a soft-confirmation to Shiva's ears that she keeping Vaporeon with the Eevee Egg does add to the young one developing a little faster.

She cautiously watches as he explains to her even how to make a Shamble herself, even encourages Raphael still by her side to pay attention as well. She's got a good feeling that she's able to craft it with no issues if she'll take the time (it'll likely taken an Encounter to tie one Shamble as well, does it?) and the needed materials, instantly raising her liking for Cliff by 50% and the one for this unique Destiny Knot by 100%. It...it almost feels like witchcraft, whoahw!~ ^o^ What a lucky strike that this guy crossed her path and wasn't too shy even to openly admit that he's a Pokemaniac with a great liking for Eggs, yes! "Oh, thank you for the demonstration! Really. I'll make sure to tie one for myself as well finding the time and muse, indeed. Ah, and in that case I should make a fine guest for Bill I think, thanks for the insight concerning him!"

With that said and done, she eagerly and delightfully waves Cliff and his unique likes goodbye for now as his and Shiva's way parts here as he travels on towards Bill and she tries to find the others of the group she's a member of back. Some searching later with her umbrella up again and Raphael closely by her side she finds them, and silently joins with them again while displaying a rather shy but content and happy smile - it's not too hard to spot that her friendly battle against that guy that approached them went all well. Oh, HOW well it even went! Raphael feels much closer to his slumbering fae skills awakening under Shiva's care, almost pulsating within him now while growing stronger and stronger until it'll manifest in a move soon enough. Shiva can sense it simply by being close to the archangel, it causes her to subconsciously seek his closure and stroke through his headfeathers.

Raphael, enjoying the affection new Master shares with him, begins to glow faintly before it intesifies to the strength of sunbeams of the sun coming up on a pleasant day of spring.

Accuracy Roll Morning Sun to heal himself: 4 Dext + 3 Survival + 3 Nature - 1 Pain = 9d6
Effect: Basic heal, Raphael ony needs 3 Successes to be at full HP again.
Secondary Effect: Faint and pleasant glowing is what he emits. Raphael won't battle today anymore, but I'd like for him to be fully up and about again to travel on without pain.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Morning Sun: (6)(4)(1)(6) He made it to full health.

I think the rest of Terra + Nathan can be done in flashback form.

Cliff comes along with you, but he promises to let you ask your questions first since Shiva won the battle.

Bill's House

You come to the edge of the farmette, where rolling acres meets the tarn. The waterwheel takes up one entire side of the huge house (the east). Through the windows, you can see foreboding flashes of piercing blue light. When you push the doorbell, it opens a tiny transparent sluice in the doorframe. Water pours through the tube and disappears inside the walls, then you hear a series of high pitched dings - it's the same tune that plays when you log in to Bill's PC.

A loudspeaker says "Buzz again in five minutes, please. I'm almost done."

Current project:
(09-20-2018, 07:04 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

(09-20-2018, 03:40 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

*Flashback, as dictated by Iron!*

If Nathan assumed his daring and cunning tactic of grabbing hold of his mealy mouth words and wielding them to spur him forward to enlightenment would blindside the monkish man instead of just accepting them, then he was absolutely correct. His smile vanished as they boldly uttered their first statement, and as they continued his expression warped into what only could be described as baffled disbelief . By the end of their motivational call to action, the rugged wanderer's mouth was hanging ever so slightly agap as he stared at the boy, instinctually gawking at the boy as he didn't know what to think of them at that precise moment.

....Well, not quite.

'.....Ven was right. Nathan can be very......insistent about stuff he cares about. Didn't think my......intelligence was one of those thing, though. *Mentally Shakes Head*....I am dumb. Stupid. Making me smarter.....much too hard. Not good.....results, for those that try. Don't understand why he wants to.....'

'....But.'

'....But if he wants to try.....I accept it. ....Don't think it will work well. *M.S.H.* ...At all. But....I will not stop him. He is very smart. Very....determined. And.....very special. Maybe.....maybe he can do it. Maybe....'

'Nathan....he does not have to help me. Never asked for it. Tried to stop him too, from worrying about it. .....Still, he does.'

Several long minutes passed as Terra's train of thought meandered on and off into they grey, gooey abyss that was his brain, him unerringly staring at Nathan before and after his call with Dagny (Which he didn't really pay attention to, due to being zoned out from their speech)....

...Until at last he smiled, and gave them a nod, both gestures one hundred percent genuine.

"......Okay. With your help.....learning more can be done. *Shakes head* ...Not sure if I can tutor you stuff I know well, but if you want to know.....then I will try. *Chuckles* .....Never thought it possible. For me to teach someone anything. He he....guess I can now, thanks to you, Nathan..."

At that, Anubi (Who had been frowning thoughtfully/worriedly at his partner the whole time) let out a small *sigh* of relief, and turned towards the clever trainer to give him a half smile and a grateful nod. Angie, more or less oblivous to the deeper complexities of the prior conversation, never the less sensed the up swell in her papa's spirits, and let out a happy coo as she snuggled deeper into his arms, content all was well after all.

Hmm....what a pleasant turn of events, is it not?

(...)

"Ah. Hm.....sounds......unusual, but cool. Never heard of anything like it before, too. Hm...wonder if I have a.....hidden talent with a Type like you, and can learn how to use it. *Shakes head* ...Does not matter, though. Done good job caring of partners my way, so not big deal if I have one or not. Would be nice.....but not needed. *Beat, then chuckles* Ah, yes. Genie. He....she is her own master. Acts however she like, and only does stuff she wants to do. Can't tell her to behave or do what you want, unless she likes you, or prove your worth to her. Even then.....*Shrugs* She'll listen to me well, though, since she trusts, respects, and likes me. *Waves them off* So don't worry about her....much."

*Beat*

"*Looks thoughtful* ...Still, not a bad idea being careful. Genie always finds ways to cause mischief and trouble. Or make them, if their are none. *Shakes head* She is very.....creative. *Mutters to himself* More so now, with Shiva helping her. *Sighs.....*"

Meanwhile, Angie, as she listened to the clever trainer explain what affinity was and his talent with Dragon/Draconic Pokémon in general, it slowly dawned on her WHY she felt so connected to them. A thrill raced from the tip of her tail to right between her eyes as she grasped the concepts, and quickly set her sights on the boy with even MORE speculative and keen interest now. If what he says was true....does that mean she's part Dragon in some way? Is that why she feels so.....familiar with him? Hm.....

Concerning the wyrm whisper's tip, Terra and his youngsters quickly nodded (Well, more Serenely and Gracefully in the seraph to be's case) back to them, as even if he heavily doubted his own intellectual capacity, he did not with his ability to properly care for his partners. If raising a Baby Pokémon was similar in regards to that, he could handle the responsibility with full confidence! 

....Well, once he gets all the advice he can get. Can never be too safe or thorough when it comes to children!

(...)

The mountain of a man studies the boy for a moment, before shrug non-chalantly back at them.

"Always pay attention to surrounding, and everything happening in it. Try to, anyway. Never know if a Wild Pokémon will try to Ambush you, or your someone need help...."

Before he could continue extoling on the virtues of being ever vigilant and Alert, he suddenly paused as Nathan began to elaborate on what caused his earlier state of giddiness....

...and stiffened in shock as they made the big reveal.

TM: Stealth Rocks.

TM: Stealth Rocks.

The boy happened upon one of THE holy grails of all teachable Pokemon Moves, in a Berry Bush of places.

More over, he had not just found one copy, but two.

And one of them was up for grabs.

A few seconds passed, as the martial monk stared at them....

Before he was kicked into high gear, his entire being electrified by the opportunity of the lifetime held right out in front of him. Instinctively calling upon his parent's teachings, merchant's heritage AND his hard earned Fighting Discipline, Terra's posture seamlessly shifting to one of refinement , professionality , and hunter's patience, and his eyes turn sharp and keen as an hungry Loan Sharpedo's . He then spoke, his voice a low, smooth baritone that would cause a lesser person to shiver.

"You have extra copy of Stealth Rock available? Then perhaps we can come to an arrangement for it to come into my possession. In fact, I have one you would be most interested in......"

*Flashback End....?*

Orders: Finish up the Call to Education/Child Care Scene with Nathan, and then have Terra enter into Business Mode and make the offer of 6 Shiny Dwebble Shells, TM: Thief, 2 Persim Berries, 1 Sitrus Berry, and 2 Days of Training his Pokémon in exchange for TM: Stealth Rocks! After he gets it, he'll return to his normal self immediately, happy and completely oblivious of how he briefly turn into the sort of person that wouldn't be out of place on the bad side of Wall Street. I'll let Dragonstrike fill in the blanks on how the deal is conducted from between him first speaking and him receiving it, as I think it would be more fun that way!

Finally, this post is completed at long last!!! ....Now onto the next one! Hehehe....I'm a glutton for punishment, aren't I?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Heart was in exctasy in see so many rare Pokemon in one place. He spin around in his place to not let any pokemon loose his sight. A huge smile was in his face, like a child who enter a playground for the first time. "WOW! Mr Bill, thats indeed a impressive Collection of Pokemons! Rockruff from the Region of Alola! Cocaran from the Region of Tandor!" Then Heart look in the celling. "A Lileep!? Thats is a fossil pokemon! Incredible! If thats is a dream, please dont awake me." Heart even pinch himself to make sure he is not dreaming. "Ouch!" 

Heart then awake from his state of excatacy. "Hehe, sorry about that Mr. I get excited when I see so rare and unique pokemons, even more so many in one place. My name is Heart. ArcHeart. And I a Pokemon Rare Collector. Its a honour in meet you Mr. Bill."
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
"Oh, that's Florges. An orange one. Yes, please, show off your Pokemon! We're all Pokemaniacs here!"
Current project:
(09-20-2018, 01:51 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

*Flashback!

The blue bomber persisted in his gangrenous smiles as the Fairy Trainer, though when offered the cookie he politely turned it down with a shake of his head. He's hungry for a meaty, challenging fight right now, not sweets! Thanks anyway, though!

With the chubby little snake, she hummed out contently at the woman's touch and words, plainly and uncomplicatedly pleased with her gentle and encouragement. If these first few hours of her life was any indication for how the rest of them would turn, then she was going to enjoy all the love and attention she'd receive from everyone. For now, though, she'll just cuddle in her papa's arms, as per her desire.

Shiva's initial silence and minute floundering to his entreaty caused Terra to grimace and figit a bit uncomfortably, as he thought that he'd somehow managed to commit a unknown yet grave faux pas against the woman. He couldn't think of what his simple consultation had done to unnerve her so, but it wouldn't be the first time he said/did something he thought was innocuous, but in reality was anything but.

To his immense relief, his fears were completely disarmed as the Fairy Trainer kindly agreeing to his request, and his listened with quiet raptness as she bandied about the Knowledge of her trade. Some of the advice she gave he'd already figured out (like bonding with Angie well), but the rest of it was a highly enlightening and easy for the rugged wanderer to comprehend. All in all, with the newly acquired Knowledge in mind, he felt more confidant he could take care of his seraph to be, though of course he still had his doubts about his own ability as a baby's caretake . Ah well, he'll learn more about Pokechildcare in due time to correct such negative presumptions, whether it be from Shiva, organically, or from other people he'd yet to ask...

Moments after she finished speaking, he expressed his gratitude to the mystical lass by bowing to her, smiling slightly yet brightly.

"Thank you for sharing your teachings,  Shiva. Now, I can take very good care of Angie with less fear and worry in my heart. Or, not have as many problems. Either way, I am in your debt. Will come to you if I need more help, but only if that does not bother you. Okay?"

Saying thus, Terra bid farewell to the caretaker pixie for the time being, waving her off as she found went off to meet, chat, and battle with her fellow breeder named Cliff.

*Flashback End!*
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650