Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
(Ah. I'll definitely highlight Shield Actions then!~)

Quote:Arachnautilus unflinches and peers groggily into the darkness. She took it the worst and she's begun mumbling "Teeth... shell... tentacles... complete darkness...."

???????????????!!!!!!!!!

Well, Shiva ends up rushing to her, picking her up and screaming a DAMN, ARCHNA, GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, EARTH'S CALLING, YOU THERE?! YOU are the LEAST I'd believe to be fazed by darkness, now come on, WE'VE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE and back TO THE SURFACE!" >o<;

If this doesn't reach her, how about a held-back Strike? That'd be 4 Dext + 3 Fight + 3 Brawl for Shiva, and 5d6 in damage.

If this does not work either, is it possible that Shiva would summon a Pokemon of Arachna? Preferably one that she feels is obediant. Maybe the shock of fae enthusiast doing so will 'wake' her, or that 'Mon can knock her outta that delirium.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it."
- Gerard Way

[Image: tumblr_ojj74xpbFJ1vh0d58o1_540.png] <3
(07-11-2019, 03:39 PM)Iron Wrote:

Through a combination of sheer force of Will and that thing's teneborous voice and blightful Actions, Terra managed to banish his knee jerk cringing , and was now had a full fledged scowl as he pulled out a Chesto Berry to Awaken Mikey and recalled Oinari to summon Pixie in her place! Even though the now near impenetrable Darkness obscured them from sight, the rightous anger and indignation of the shroombro, ironclad fae, and mountain of a man were palatable in the air (especially to Shiva!).

"Only thing I see now is your doom. That. Is. All. Mikey, use Mind Reader before using Spore and ROCK SMASH. Pixie, Growl and Faint Attacks. Pierce the Darkness, and banish it my partners."

Orders: Since the Darkness is futzing with our Accuracy Roll, let's have Terra's partners completely bypass that issue! Mikey will use (in the following order) Mind Reader, Spore, Mind Reader, ROCK SMASH, and Mind Reader so as to pretty much make the Darkness debuff a non-issue (Plus Mind Reader is Self Targeting/Not Reliant on Visuals, so Darkness Debuff shouldn't affect it!), and Pixie will use Growl (Its a Non-Targeting, Spread Debuff that doesn't rely on sight, so its Accuracy logically shouldn't be futzed by The Darkness0, followed by 3 Faint Attacks (Which will always Hit, no matter if the Accuracy Roll fails or not). That which lurk in the Dark thinks it protect it, but it shall soon see it will avail them none at all.

Note: Mikey has 9/10 HP, due to Toxic Orb Recovery, so no Pain for him!

Moves:

Michael: 5 Actions - Mind Reader (+ 2 Auto Successes to the next Action it does), Spore, Minder Reader 2, ROCK SMASH (10D6 + 1 Damage [If Target is Not Immune], 5D6 Chance to lower Defense by 1), Mind Reader 3
Pixie: 4 Actions: Growl, Faint Attack X3 (7D6 - 1 Damage [Or - 0, if its part Ghost], Always Accurate Attack)
Dice Pools: Intimidate (15D6), Brawl and Channel (14D6; Mind Reader uses Channel)
Accuracy Debuff on Pixie's Attacks: 14D6 - 5/6/7 (Action Cost) - 4 (Darkness) = 5/4/3D6 Base Dice ; Basically, you don't have to Roll for Pixie's Faint Attacks, as their is no way for them to get Crits, and the only way to stop them is if she's Fainted or is at - 3 Pain by her last Action.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

(07-11-2019, 04:15 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: (Ah. I'll definitely highlight Shield Actions then!~)

Quote:Arachnautilus unflinches and peers groggily into the darkness. She took it the worst and she's begun mumbling "Teeth... shell... tentacles... complete darkness...."

???????????????!!!!!!!!!

Well, Shiva ends up rushing to her, picking her up and screaming a DAMN, ARCHNA, GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, EARTH'S CALLING, YOU THERE?! YOU are the LEAST I'd believe to be fazed by darkness, now come on, WE'VE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE and back TO THE SURFACE!" >o<;

If this doesn't reach her, how about a held-back Strike? That'd be 4 Dext + 3 Fight + 3 Brawl for Shiva, and 5d6 in damage.

If this does not work either, is it possible that Shiva would summon a Pokemon of Arachna? Preferably one that she feels is obediant. Maybe the shock of fae enthusiast doing so will 'wake' her, or that 'Mon can knock her outta that delirium.

Scimitar pokes aren't designed to be released so easily, but Arachna comes back enough to ready a spell or two.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I'd rather not put my dad in a PokeBall."
('Capable to ready a spell or two' is awake enough for me, as I mostly want her to be able to defend herself if needed, means her not being completely spaced out and ultra-vulnerable. Yay!)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it."
- Gerard Way

"This darkness... It feels... familiar. Time to get serious it seems. Go Hida, status aiments. and Toya, let's find out what this thing really is, Foresight, then knock its lights (lol) out."

music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ufYLt5J5Q (FF9 Hunter's Choice, World of Final Fantasy)
Toya
Foresight:
Accuracy: Dex(5*)+Survival(3)+Alert(3)-Pain(1)-Actions(5)= 5d6 (1D6 if Darkness -4 affects it, in this case, a conditional Will point will be used to ensure success)
notes: allows Fighting and Normal Moves to hit ghost pokemon and Ghost moves to hit Normal Pokemon, allows ignoring of increases to opponent's evasion.

Drain Punch:
Accuracy: Dex(5*)+Fight(5)+Brawl(4)-Pain(1)-Actions(5)= 8D6 (4D6 if Darkness -4 affects it)
Damage: Strength(4)+STAB(1)+3= 8D6 SE?
Notes: Restores Half damage dealt, rounded down, as HP

Thunder Punch A/B:
accuracy: Dex(5*)+Fight(5)+Brawl(4)-Pain(1)-Actions(5)= 7/6/5D6 (3/2/1 if Darkness -4 affects it)
damage: Strength (4)+2= 6D6 SE?
notes: paralyze (1)

Rock Smash:
Accuracy: Dex(5*)+Fight(5)+Brawl(4)-Pain(1)-Actions(5)= 4d6 (Not enough dice [0D6] to perform this if Darkness -4 affects it. If that's the case, the move will be skipped entirely.)
Damage: Strength(4)+STAB(1)+2= 7D6 SE?
Notes: Defense -1 (5)

Hida
Yawn:
Accuracy: Dex(5*)+Fight(5)+Canalize(4)-Actions(3)= 11d6
Notes: sleep if target isn't swapped out by the end of the turn, possible PD resistance to it, but worth a shot!

Smog:
Accuracy: Dex(5*)+Fight(5)+Canalize(4)-Penalty(3)-Actions(3)= 7d6
Damage: Strength(4)+1= 5d6
Notes: Poison (4)

Flamethrower:
Accuracy: Dex(5*)+Fight(5)+Canalize(4)-Actions(3)= 9d6
Damage: Strength(4)+STAB(1)+Item(1)+3= 9D6
Notes: Burn 2 (1)
"I will show you a dance cloaked in shadow!"
[Image: 2019-01-18-210927-copy.jpg]
Shiva shudders when Toya's Foresight faintly displays WHAT that dark foe before them actually is, but she also finds herself unable to take her eyes of this curious Dark Slowbro - partly out of reasonable fear, partly out of amazement over such a well-adapted creature. What a wortly leader figure for all the Frillish, she'd guess that even the Jellicent are accepting their subordinate role towards this creepy thing. So many teeth, eeeek! >o<

It's physically hurting her to see IT primarily targeting and beating up her new psychic Eeveelution, but he's faring himself suprisingly well and even managed to stay unfainted. Still, he's visibly exhausted from this fight and leaps back towards Shiva once this foe has been dealt with. "Very well done, dear one - you earned yourself some rest now, you really did." She recalls Primal Espeon into his Ball for now.

There's little, VERY little time to celebrate and rejoice over this victory, as the next threat has seemingly only waited for their chance to strike. Having wakened Arachnautiuls enough to get her chip in with at least one spell, Shiva flinches away (not mechanically) at both that sheer amount of anger she's picking up from Terra and that ominous voice accompanied by that creepy slithering before them all, all while starring into the direction where she assumed that new threath. She more involuntarily than by choice draws two Pokeballs from her pocket and summons their content, turns out it's a very familiar wad of cotton and stellar fortuneteller!

Toward Arachnautilus, Shiva also calls out once more, her voice full of dead. "Hey, Arachna.... Is, eh...THIS that being you're muttering about? What IS that, maybe....the LEADER and CARETAKER of this place? *indistinguishable soft-cursing*" Her inner voice begins to scold her for daring to head down one of these chasms in the first place, but Shiva manages to quiet that via sharp request for concentration.

She also gazes around, searching for any way to get away from here, but it's turning out pointless. Succumbing to this fate, there appearantly is no other way to escape this place that does not involve fighting this ultra-dark creature, or is there, @Iron?

Quote:The darkness penalty is now 4.
This means every attack on that creature gets a -4 in Accuracy, correct? I'd like to see the Init Order before giving orders to my Pokemon as it decides my orders.
- Gerard Way

"Quetzal! Return!" Heart return Quetzal back to the Pokeball and in his place bring his strongest Pokemon, Rose! He also use a Full Heal to awake Doublade. "Rose, let send those enemies to Oblivion! Use Rock Smash against that thing in the darkness 4x! And when you get to much damage (around 2 Pain or more) release your strongest attack, Blast Burn! Let's light this place with power!"

"Doublade! 2x Wide Guard! Then go with Rock Smash against Darkness! 3x!"

Wide Guard: Dex+Fight+Channel-Actions(5)-Difficulty(2/4)
Effect: Reduce 3 Dice damage.

Rock Smash: Dex+Fight+Brawl
Damage Rose: Power(4)+Str(5)+STAB(1)+Black Belt(1)= 11D6

Rock Smash Doublade Damage: 9D6

Blast Burn Rose: Dex+Fight+Channel
Damage: Power(6)+STR(5)+STAB(1)+Fire Bless(1)+Blaze(2/3)=15/16D6
Effect: Lethal (hold). Recharge. Gonna use potion if things get dangerous.
Yes, -4 to all accuracy checks.

This creature has seemed fairly land-bound so far, ie it can't fly. The only obvious way to escape it is to get above it and up and out of the glassy chasms.

http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthrea...1#pid65311
Updated with all initiatives.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I'd rather not put my dad in a PokeBall."