Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So... Anime.
assuming this thread is not dead i'd like to put my two cents in: I am a major otaku and will watch pretty much any anime (except X rated) my top three in order are Sekirei, Sora no Otoshimono (Heaven's Lost Property), and Neon Genesis Evangelion. I don't really care for those 300+ episode shows, but i did enjoy Bleach. Never really cared for the Pokemon anime, but i did like episode 38 of the original series. (Anyone with photosensitivity avoid this ep.)
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
You're getting a +1 Rep for being a massive otaku and just like me don't really care about the 'bigger' and 'more popular' Anime (except Detective Conan. <3 ) I mostly watch Slice of Life though, or Fantasy, gladly with not-cheesy romantic elements.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
I just checked out Detective Conan, sounds interesting, but I don't really have the time to watch a 899+ episode show and speaking of mainstream; wasn't Neon Genesis mainstream when it was released in the mid '90s? (All I know is that it has a big enough fanbase that at least 6 video games based off of it.) I've seen a few slice of life/school life shows that I liked (Mitsudomoe and Maria Holic come to mind) but my main favorite genre is comedy/parody.
I am currently getting ready to burn my way through Freezing (Poor choice of words, I know)
definitely wouldn't recommend the series to younger audiences.  Undecided  But if you don't mind (possibly R-rated) girl-on-girl violence, be my guest.
just finished binge watching mirai nikki (future diary) again. I don't remember there being nudity in it when i first watched it, must of been a censored version... :/  The bane of my existence is definitely the stinking censors (Try watching the censored version of Valkyrie Drive...)
Nice to see more anime lovers! I myself enjoy Fantasy, Romance and animes that make you feel like a smartass (such as Death Note and No Game No Life).
 I once saw this anime that followed many stories seemingly at random, which at the end all connected into a revealing conclusion. I can't remember the name, but I believed there were only 12 episodes and it was set in like... the late 18-hundreds or around there. I was a sort of Comedy.

Has anyone seen animes that might be similair? I've always enjoyed the concept of branching story lines that cross and entwine on themselves, gladly with differen't perspectives.

Have a good day, reader.
@Nylon, If you want branching or weird stories try this one: https://myanimelist.net/anime/497/Yami_t...o_Tabibito It's also a 12 episode show Btw I think I've heard of the show you mentioned but can't think of the name atm 
just finished watching Sekirei for the umpteenth time. Starting on Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) and Spiral. (all three have one thing in common btw, Square Enix)
(05-20-2018, 11:17 AM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: @Nylon, If you want branching or weird stories try this one: https://myanimelist.net/anime/497/Yami_t...o_Tabibito It's also a 12 episode show Btw I think I've heard of the show you mentioned but can't think of the name atm 

Ok, I just finished ep1. Will watch more. Strangely, this one also has a train scene like the other one.
watching a bit of Magic Knight Rayearth. pretty interesting for a shoujo anime. that stereotypical shoujo manga art style turned me off to it for a while, but the story is very good. CLAMP did good with this series. if you really don't know what CLAMP is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clamp_(manga_artists), I'll be getting back to that one later, first Elfen Lied. (a rather gory and explicit anime, this'll be my second time watching it.) and I'm all over the place with genres here... from "Kenzen Robo Daimidaler" (a rather hilarious ecchi anime) to a show I have not seen yet but i may like, "Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai" or "Magical☆Shopping Arcade Abenobashi" in English
Some of you may be wondering why i dont like to watch x-rated(aka hentai) shows, when one of my favorite shows is r, an i watch quite a few ecchi anime. simple: I share the same views on it as an anime website i went to: It Spoils the Real Beauty of Anime Characters!