Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So... Anime.
Yeah sure. It's a shameless cash-in. Still... a Nissin ad features Kiki and Tombo from Kiki’s Deliver Service in a 30s short, 4 years later.

Why, you might ask.

Why, not?

Official Site
I really don't get the connection between the company and the anime... But I like the noodles they sell as well Kiki and Tombo (oh my, they're adorable together...), so I don't start asking questions.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(06-21-2017, 11:06 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: I really don't get the connection between the company and the anime... But I like the noodles they sell as well Kiki and Tombo (oh my, they're adorable together...), so I don't start asking questions.

It's basically a marketing gimmick. In a sense, it's a variant of the Japanese Eyeball-Grabbing advertisement - bankroll a video of a popular character and hope some of the goodwill sticks to the brand.

Nissin is doing a "Hungry Days" ad campaign, which focuses on the theme of Youth and Spring.

The Ghibli branding draws viewers, who, like me are likely to share the video because... well... Kiki. In turn, they hope that the Nissin label sticks.
(06-21-2017, 11:52 PM)Dies Irae Wrote: The Ghibli branding draws viewers, who, like me are likely to share the video because... well... Kiki. In turn, they hope that the Nissin label sticks.

Looks like they are somewhat successful with this attitude, because now I feel like buying one or two of their things again after I haven't done so for a while.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
I realize i'm late to the party, but i'm just going to state what i really like watching, because screw it 'v'.

-Jojo's Bizzare Adventure (Up to date with the manga up till Jojolion... Except that I don't follow Jojolion. Because god dammit it's so confusing! Also waiting on that Vento Aureo anime)
-My hero academia (Up to date with the manga and crying for more. Got two friends and my sister addicted to the show, feels good man.)
-Blue Exorcist (Recently recommended by a friend, still forming thesis)
-One Punch Man (...Season two is never coming out is it?)
-Mob Psycho (Watched like, two episodes and never finished it, not that it's bad, I just forgot.)
아니    암캐    깜둥이
아니    절도    깜둥이
If the thread isn't dead yet, I'd like to vouch "Kimi No Na Wa" or "Your Name" in english.
It's currently the nr.1 film in making money in Japan. And nr.4 worldwide. It's definetely a film you can watch on a day with free time.

Has anyone else watched it? I'd love to hear opinions, niche or not.
(10-03-2017, 04:27 PM)Nylon Wrote: If the thread isn't dead yet, I'd like to vouch "Kimi No Na Wa" or "Your Name" in english.
It's currently the nr.1 film in making money in Japan. And nr.4 worldwide. It's definetely a film you can watch on a day with free time.

Oh? Nope, I haven't watched it yet, but from what I saw that movie definitely sounds promising.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(10-03-2017, 06:00 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 04:27 PM)Nylon Wrote: If the thread isn't dead yet, I'd like to vouch "Kimi No Na Wa" or "Your Name" in english.

Oh? Nope, I haven't watched it yet, but from what I saw that movie definitely sounds promising.

If/when you watch it, I'd love to hear your comments on the art and concept. Heart
(10-04-2017, 02:15 AM)Nylon Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 06:00 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

If/when you watch it, I'd love to hear your comments on the art and concept. Heart

I'll keep that in mind! For now, hoping that it'll be released here where I live soon, there seems to be no official date yet.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(10-05-2017, 12:22 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 02:15 AM)Nylon Wrote: If/when you watch it, I'd love to hear your comments on the art and concept. Heart

I'll keep that in mind! For now, hoping that it'll be released here where I live soon, there seems to be no official date yet.

I think it's been released in Europe for a long time now. not too far from a year now. There are a few places you can watch online as well, I don't have any examples though. Actually, I'm not sure there's any legal places to watch it online for free... so, take your time.

thx in advance.