Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Pokemon Uranium error help needed!
I am new here, having never posted before, so if I have made a mistake in posting, i am sorry. I downloaded Pokemon Uranium through a very specific weebly site onto a windows pc. I then tried using the mac links on a macbook laptop i am writing from now using wine and another wine related app. I successfully downloaded the game and I had played it before, so i knew how it worked. I clicked the button to start it. It said 'failed to get patchlist.' This is an error i didnt get on the other computer. I looked for the download for the patches and I couldn't find it. I waited a bit and i finally could play it. However, the game crashed and I encountered a 'fatal error' at the cutscene where Lucille dies in the nuclear explosion at the power plant. This is very confusing for me.

I know that this is probably not a bug and probably not a problem but I really want to play this game on this laptop I am writing from. Please could a have some guidance and help as to where the patch exactly is and how could I get past this problem. It shouldnt fail if i have an old version surely?
Do you live in a cave or just don't know how to use a forum? Not trying to be rude, just genuinely curious since others have done the same thing you did...
Anyway, it's NOT a bug. The original Uranium team left development after a C&D order from Nintendo's lawyers. The game was then picked up by new developers who was originally in the fan community. You can find more details in these threads:
Official announcement of shutting down
Reasons behind it
Community response

So basically, if you downloaded an old version of the game, you simply CANNOT patch it without FIRST doing some things. What to do can be found in these threads:
@CodySP old guide
@ReeNormies new guide

All of these resources are readily available and all it takes is a quick search or quick read around the forum since most of these threads are either stickied, popular, or has inviting titles. So I really don't get why you'd ask first before even looking.
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
(04-26-2017, 12:28 PM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote: Do you live in a cave or just don't know how to use a forum? Not trying to be rude, just genuinely curious since others have done the same thing you did...
Anyway, it's NOT a bug. The original Uranium team left development after a C&D order from Nintendo's lawyers. The game was then picked up by new developers who was originally in the fan community. You can find more details in these threads:
Reasons behind it
Community response

So basically, if you downloaded an old version of the game, you simply CANNOT patch it without FIRST doing some things. What to do can be found in these threads:
@CodySP old guide
@ReeNormies new guide

All of these resources are readily available and all it takes is a quick search or quick read around the forum since most of these threads are either stickied, popular, or has inviting titles. So I really don't get why you'd ask first before even looking.

Monkey, I know you are a bit exasperated that this keeps happening, but not everyone is aware of this game history and developments. Some just download whatever version of the game they find, play it for a bit, before stumbling onto here and joining the community. If they encounter a problem, they are likely to ask for help first, rather than search through hundreds of threads for a probable solution. Its just the way things turn out, more often than not, so please don't get worked up over this...or take your frustration out on new users.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(04-26-2017, 02:47 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(04-26-2017, 12:28 PM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote: Do you live in a cave or just don't know how to use a forum? Not trying to be rude, just genuinely curious since others have done the same thing you did...
Reasons behind it
Community response

@CodySP old guide
@ReeNormies new guide

Monkey, I know you are a bit exasperated that this keeps happening, but not everyone is aware of this game history and developments. Some just download whatever version of the game they find, play it for a bit, before stumbling onto here and joining the community. If they encounter a problem, they are likely to ask for help first, rather than search through hundreds of threads for a probable solution. Its just the way things turn out, more often than not, so please don't get worked up over this...or take your frustration out on new users.

The thing is, they don't even have to "search through hundreds of threads", they just need to read the stickied threads, which are ALWAYS on the top of the pages, and are labeled "Important threads". Or do they live in a different reality where that's not the case? -_-
MonkeyLord83. 

What can I say, but that people are more often to ask for help first than look for it. Its a thing that is going to happen, so I just accept it as it is, and direct them to the proper resources.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

(04-27-2017, 03:16 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: What can I say, but that people are more often to ask for help first than look for it. Its a thing that is going to happen, so I just accept it as it is, and direct them to the proper resources.

One of a few motto I live by "Only accept the reality you're absolutely sure you cannot change". Just because something is the way it is, doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed. Don't wanna get sidetracked into Politics since I hate Politics, but slavery and Inequality were both accepted by the majority until someone said otherwise. So I'm not gonna accept people being ignorance and ask first before trying to figure things out as a fixed reality, it can be changed and I'm gonna nag people until it does.
MonkeyLord83. 

I'm a pessimist and cynic at heart, Monkey. I believe that change can happen, and that it can for the good of some or all groups of people, but I don't believe that the change itself was motivated by altruism, more often than not. Its why I don't do things unless I'm certain that there's a benefit to it, or that I can't have a reasonable degree of success with the activity, unless I can game the odds in my favor. This is how I treat these forum goers with question: they could look it up, but they chose to ask a question and wait for an response. I could get angry, but what would it do but waste energy and alienate a person. I just accept it, help them if I feel the need, and move on. Sometime it is right to fight for a cause, but most of the time its best to simply give up or accept thing the way they are. Still, I like others believing they can change thing for the better, because if their were no people like that, the world would be far worse than it is.

@Lord Windos Lovely written and explained. Seeing the world through a pessimistic window can be so... I actually struggle to find a matching adjective. But whenever it comes up, I see the glass clearly as half empty. The world we live in can be quite cruel and unfair.
On the other hand, there are indeed things that make living on it worth while, and bring up positive emotions. Even if those last only for short. It may sometimes be hard to spot them, because they can be so simple or so tiny, you almost forgot about them. But in fact, they're there.

It's noble and brave to fight for change, but I personally gave up on that looong ago.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(04-28-2017, 04:32 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: I'm a pessimist and cynic at heart, Monkey. I believe that change can happen, and that it can for the good of some or all groups of people, but I don't believe that the change itself was motivated by altruism, more often than not. Its why I don't do things unless I'm certain that there's a benefit to it, or that I can't have a reasonable degree of success with the activity, unless I can game the odds in my favor. This is how I treat these forum goers with question: they could look it up, but they chose to ask a question and wait for an response. I could get angry, but what would it do but waste energy and alienate a person. I just accept it, help them if I feel the need, and move on. Sometime it is right to fight for a cause, but most of the time its best to simply give up or accept thing the way they are. Still, I like others believing they can change thing for the better, because if their were no people like that, the world would be far worse than it is.

You know, I used to be the same more or less, but then I met this environmentalist who believes humanity will completely and utterly destroy the Earth one day, and all we could do is delay "Doomsday", he also believes corporation people are evil sociopath that cares about nothing but short-term profits. Yet he still wakes up every day and does everything in his power to save the environment. So the way I see it, how you view the world is irrelevant to what you should and must do. I don't believe or expect that the majority of the world can be better, and I don't believe changes will happen any time soon, but it's still the right thing to do to do everything I possibly can to help that change happen eventually... I mean sure, the people who fight for something they believe is commendable, but the true heroes, and what I aim for is the people who thinks they're gonna lose the fight, yet still would rather die trying because it's the right thing to do.
MonkeyLord83. 

(04-30-2017, 03:22 AM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote: You know, I used to be the same more or less, but then I met this environmentalist who believes humanity will completely and utterly destroy the Earth one day, and all we could do is delay "Doomsday", he also believes corporation people are evil sociopath that cares about nothing but short-term profits. Yet he still wakes up every day and does everything in his power to save the environment. So the way I see it, how you view the world is irrelevant to what you should and must do. I don't believe or expect that the majority of the world can be better, and I don't believe changes will happen any time soon, but it's still the right thing to do to do everything I possibly can to help that change happen eventually... I mean sure, the people who fight for something they believe is commendable, but the true heroes, and what I aim for is the people who thinks they're gonna lose the fight, yet still would rather die trying because it's the right thing to do.

How you view the world is entirely relevant to what you should and must do, Monkey. It you view the world as irredeemable and corrupt, what possible motivation would a person had to make it better beside self-interest? If you believed the world was forever closed minded and ignorant, why bother to motivate them to care enough? Point is, depending on you perspective and attitude you hold for the world and people around you, it determines the way you'll interact with them, and what actions you'll choose in response. While I too admire heros fighting against the dying light, their beliefs rather strongly influences their continued battle, often to the point of ignoring the reality that they are most likely going to lose.

For me, I rather just live my life and enjoy it to the utmost of my ability, than to fight battles that I not only don't have any interest in, but don't have any stake or interest in the proceedings and outcome. Hence why I choose to patiently answer newcomers question instead of getting mad and trying to chastise into looking through the backlog of threads.