Poll: Are you in support of Net Neutrality?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I value it.
100.00%
15 100.00%
No, I have reason to oppose it.
0%
0 0%
Neither: I don't not know/care about the issue, or it is not relevant to my life.
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Net Neutrality is being Repealed.
Today has been the day, the day where things would be decided.... Not by me, but by the Members of the European Parliament. The decision whether negotiations with the next instance concerning controversial Article 13 can be launched. Things got serious and reached their climax, naturally among the first things to do as I've been home again was checking the news with anticipation - how did things end...?

I'll make it short and outright spill the beans:
We won! The European Parliament voted to reject the plans!!

Well, it's a suprisingly close vote, 318 Members voted against further negotiations while 278 Members wanted to progress things, 31 Members were undisclosed and prefered to not give their vote. Not much of a big gap, yes... But what's important is the result; the outcome that there won't be any soft-forced filters for internet user of the EU, the meme culture can take a breath and websites like wikipedia and tumblr won't pretty likely become inacessable. The internet remains neutral and a place where freedom of speech is practicipated and you decide what you see and upload.

....For now, that is. In September, the topic will likely come up again as at that time things will be discussed once more, but until then there's enough time for groups of representatives to rework and ease things concerning the hoped reform.

The petition I shared.....it didn't reach one million signatures by the time it ended, but in total exactly 878.375 people signed and added their small part to save the internet that we know. According to the hosts of the website, that's the highest number of signatures a campaign started on the site has ever reached. ^^

Things have gone well, thank you for your time and maybe contribution to this fight, now we have reason to be relieved and rejoice!~ I'm handing out free chocolate cookies and oreos only today for a limited time.
[Image: 5207811_01.jpg][Image: a68123c43c00361f85e36138653eb411096f38a4_hq.gif][Image: oreo.jpg]
Sources of information:
- Webpage of a local political magazine for the news and numbers
- change.org for anything concerning the petition
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Thank you! *swipes cookies before Windos takes them*
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
.....Whoops. I forgot that maybe it wasn't the best idea to advertise free cookies so openly - I'll go hiding beneath the bed's blanket then in a desperate attempt to be safe just in case a cookie thief stops by to attend small festivities, k? K, see you!~
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Thanks goodness! Whoosh, I happy to know my signatures help, even it was just a little to preserve the future of the internet. Even it only for a time, I gladly to know everything it is normalize for some time.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Well not out of the woods yet, saw this on Firefox when I went online today:
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
Europe is safe (For now...) from the scourge of No Free Internet, but America is rightly fucked until either the Plan by the corrupt/incompetent/stupid (Take your pick, or pick them all!) agency is rejected/heavily amended by congress and NOT vetoed by Trump, or all states in the USA come up with their own Free Internet safety laws.

Things will get worse before they get better for Americans and all American based internet services, I'm afraid. I encourage EVERYONE that is reading this thread to check out YouTube and searching everthing you can about this topic, and do something about, even if you are someone who AGREES with No Free Internet. Having a say in this is better than not, and the more people that know about this topic in depth, the better I say!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
That 'Please donate so that we can save Net Neutrality'- banner looks and sounds way too much like clickbait to me, it's too general and I don't quite get why they'd need cash 'to defend the internet' as they say. One was able to donate something on the page with the petition I linked, but there they openly stated that with the donations they'll be able to further spread the petition and it's the webpage of a registered association.

Did something worrysome going on at the moment over in the US that this topic arises again though? o.o
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(07-18-2018, 11:55 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: (…)

Did something worrysome going on at the moment over in the US that this topic arises again though? o.o

To be blunt and sum things up, Adjat and the ISP are going/have gotten their way by now, and will slowly but surely start price gouging and doing all sorts of piss poor things to our Internet. How lovely. Again, I urge you and anyone else to do research on this topic, as you could potentially contact your own representatives to pressure Congress to get its act together and DO THEIR BLOODY JOB WE GAVE THEM. 

If you are a foreigner, you could still contact your Ambassador/Government Officials to exert pressure on the US Gov. for letting such a bone headed, short sighted thing happen like No Free Internet. Likely won't work with Trump given his.....robust attitude towards foreign diplomacy, but it would certainly make the US look bad/backwards enough to get politicians to try and clean things up if the pressure is BIG. Its a loooong shot, but its not a total impossibility!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Okay, I'm done with update-reading myself. I can't but give these happening eager headshakes of incomprehension and 'dafaque are you actually deciding on there?' Oh boy, guess Psykan was right with shift into a darker direction...? {{ (>_<) }}

Given that the death of Net Neutrality occured already on 11th June, I'm not too sure how up-to-date the following is and when exactly the Congress will vote (couldn't find a date), but it's the best I could find when wanting to DO something and refuse to stay silent.
https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Guess I'll share it on my tumblr and small deviantart account as well. I don't want that in the end some politicans are to be blamed for us not being able to stay in contact anymore, Windos! D: *outright hugs and clutches one of your arms with immense force, giving you a worried glance and puppy eyes from the side*
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(07-18-2018, 01:33 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

Dark times are coming indeed, but hopefully everyone in the US can weather them until we make right what has been made WRONG by greedy, unrepentant, and explotative businessmen....

Thank you. Thank you, dear. Its not much, but every little bit helps!

*Returns your hug, and cuddles you while humming soothingly....*